It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Existential Attack on the Union

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   
"Two sides of the same coin... the lesser evil.. I'm still on the fe... wait. What?"

"Such action undermines the critical role collective bargaining plays in providing workers a voice and the opportunity to improve their lives while contributing fully to their employer's success."

'An Existential Attack on the Union': Biden Blasts Kellogg's Plan to Replace Striking Workers

You hear that popping sound? Bunch of heads exploding in a safe distance, slightly overchallenged with nuances that matter. It's going to be free skating from here, even if our free dumpling agents of property decide to shoot more people for their pesky little #. Onwards, comrades!

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Spartakush

someone needs to explain to all of em that soon "they will own nothing and be happy - now get to work"

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   
From the source :

"After 19 negotiation sessions in 2021, and still no deal reached, we will continue to focus on moving forward to operate our business," Kellogg North America president Chris Hood said in a Tuesday statement announcing the plan to replace about 1,400 hourly employees.

They have tried 19 time to re negotiate a contract, which, correct me if I'm wrong, , means they currently don't have a contract and Kellogg can hire anyone they want to fill those spots and there's not a damn thing the union can do about it.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: sraven

Soon we'll all own parts of everything in coops
Happy not to work on anything but our own

Think I just did. In a way...

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   
if we will all own nothing,

then Kelloggs will also own nothing . . . including that queer extra "g" in their name.

the government will own it and you will eat cold gruel made from seeds, stems, and flax (whatever the cold hell flax is)

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Kellogg can hire anyone they want to fill those spots

They could, in theory. But not when comrades crash their recruiting sites.

Welcome to the new age, Boomers!

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Only when YOUR gubberminters own it. #ing flaxhole anyway... where is you at, Great Flaxland?

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   
If I was Kellogg's pay the difference to the union in Kellogg's stock, or is that a gross oversimplification.

Right down to fractional shares every paycheck, or better yet have it all go to the Union to use as it wishes. Make it where it can't be sold till this contract is over or if it is renegotiated.
edit on 11-12-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I'm just amazed that people still eat cereal.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I was in a union for 14 years. Operating Engineers for 12 and Teamsters for 2. Not too impressed.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I worked at a union coal mines for 12 years. I'm originally from the hills of Eastern Ky and my great grandfather was part of the Harlan County War.

The Harlan County War, or Bloody Harlan, was a series of coal mining-related skirmishes, executions, bombings, and strikes (both attempted and realized) that took place in Harlan County, Kentucky, during the 1930s. The incidents involved coal miners and union organizers on one side, and coal firms and law enforcement officials on the other.[1] The question at hand: the rights of Harlan County coal miners to organize their workplaces and better their wages and working conditions. It was a nearly decade-long conflict, lasting from 1931 to 1939. Before its conclusion, an indeterminate number of miners, deputies, and bosses would be killed, state and federal troops would occupy the county more than half a dozen times, two acclaimed folk singers would emerge, union membership would oscillate wildly, and workers in the nation's most anti-labor coal county would ultimately be represented by a union.

Don't talk to me about unions Junior.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Ah, you heathen don't tell me my Rice Krispies aren't good for me, what about my Grape Nuts and Shredded Wheat?

Can't beat it for its convenience throw some fruit on top Im good till lunch.

not gonna lie I'll still have an occasional bowl of Fruit Loops or Cocoa Puffs for a snack.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   
That from the administration that used OSHA to do an end run on the constitutional limitations of the office of president.

Wow..

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   

An Existential Attack on the Union

Hiring 1400 green untrained employees...what could possibly go wrong?

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Ah, you heathen don't tell me my Rice Krispies aren't good for me, what about my Grape Nuts and Shredded Wheat?

not gonna lie I'll still have an occasional bowl of Fruit Loops or Cocoa Puffs for a snack.

My daughter couldn't say her F's for awhile, and she called them 'Coco Pupps'.

The name stuck and for the last 10 years we've called them Coco Pupps!

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Meh, just a little extra protein in your high fiber cereal .

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Perfect with a Pop Tart chaser.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Hiring 1400 green untrained employees...what could possibly go wrong?

Closing down Kellogg indefinitely until the strike fund runs out... what could go wrong?

That's the only two choices here. The Union has been on strike for some time now. They have turned down multiple contracts. They refuse to come to work. There are other people who will come to work, at the pay scales that the Union workers refuse to work for. They can be trained... might take a while, but at least the factory won't be sitting there cold while food rots waiting for a bunch of self-entitled brats to get hungry. I say let the Union workers eat those picket signs when they get hungry.

In a perfect world with perfect justice, anyone striking, their families, and anyone who supports Kellogg being shut down would be forbidden by law from buying or consuming any Kellogg product. But, we do not live in a perfect world with perfect justice. Alas.

In case no one else has noticed, we already have supply chain issues across multiple industries. Now Biden wants to use "the power of the Presidency" to make those supply chain disruptions worse. Let's Go, Brandon!

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

My daughter couldn't say her F's for awhile, and she called them 'Coco Pupps'.

The name stuck and for the last 10 years we've called them Coco Pupps!

LOL, I completely get it, we call OJ orange Jules, not julius but JULES because one of our daughters always said that. Now I'll be by myself and order and OJ and call it orange Jules and the waitress will look at me like Im an imbecile

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spartakush

Soon we'll all own parts of everything in coops
Happy not to work on anything but our own

Think I just did. In a way...

Ummm…why the hell would I want to own parts of a coop…do the chickens come with…?

Then I realized you actually meant…co-op…

A co-operational bulk buy entity…designed to lower cost for the members…usually regarding food commodities…

Silly ole me…

YouSir
edit on 11-12-2021 by YouSir because: Reductio…absurdio…

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join