It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What where these things tall slender following me through woods?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: XipeTotex

Had an experience like that same area. something walking around me at about eight metres away. leaves moving but no visible being. circling me I checked but nothing. wasn't wind either. felt haunting. middle of day just stopped for a rest. no cover open ground..
edit on 11-12-2021 by infiniteMeow because: ...

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DreadKnock

I would say more defensive. I wasn't going to attack but at the same time if it came for me aggressively I would defend myself.

It left quickly when it knew it had been spotted.
I've a firm rule of no attack on aliens species. (alien to known species)

Fight or flight is a common response and undiscovered or alien species would naturally be as scared of us as we of them. well I'd like to think so anyway.
edit on 11-12-2021 by infiniteMeow because: add

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: infiniteMeow
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I am very familiar with local animals and the noises they make.
The subject of disembodied voices you mentioned. I also hear children quite often with nobody around. Like laughing or playing, sometimes the laughing is almost directed at my stupidity sometimes. can't explain it better than that.

I like to believe it's nature spirits playing games with us when we happen to notice them. I call the ones in these parts "pukwudgies".

According to legend, Pukwudgies can appear and disappear at will, lure people to their deaths, use magic, launch poison arrows, and create fire.[2] Native Americans believed that Pukwudgies were once friendly to humans, but then turned against them, and are best left alone. According to lore, a person who annoyed a Pukwudgie would be subject to nasty tricks by it, or subject to being followed by the Pukwudgie, who would cause trouble for them. They are known to kidnap people, push them off cliffs, attack their victims with short knives and spears, and to use sand to blind their victims.[3] Pukwudgies are said to be the enemies of culture heroes Maushop and Granny Squannit.[4]

en.wikipedia.org...

Long before Europeans ever stepped foot in the New World, the legends of pukwudgies were already quite robust. Pukwudgies, also known as bagwajinini, were said to live in the wilderness throughout North America. Native Americans believed that pukwudgies were creatures that had once lived in harmony with humans but had turned against them.

They featured in the folklore of diverse tribes, from the Wampanoag tribe of Massachusetts and Southern New England to the Algonquian tribe of the Great Lakes region. And according to various legends, it was best to leave the creatures alone. Pukwudgie translates to “person of the wilderness.” They were said to be small creatures, ranging from knee-height to about three feet tall, with human-like features, yet sporting larger ears, noses, and fingers. Their skin has been described as grey and smooth, and they have often been compared to trolls and goblins. The small creatures also have a variety of tricks up their sleeves to taunt or harm humans.

the-line-up.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: Bigburgh

Those were my initial thoughts.

Back in the late 80's, I worked with a couple of physicians assistants (PA's).

Both served in the U.S. Air Force over in England. I can't remember the bases, but they had a story very similar. This is only the 4th time ive heard this specific encounter.

They claimed to be off base not far sitting outside watching the countryside. They said they heard a weird scream followed by what they describe as a tall hairy upright creature running after deer. They called it a GoonieGooGoo because they've never seen anything like it and didn't know what to call it....

Hence they called it a GoonieGooGoo after Eddie Murphy's bit.
Made sense to me, and will be known as the GoonieGooGoo forever.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: xzphadmz
I live in Tokeland WA. A few people out here have seen something very similar to what you describe. They call it Long Claw. There are very dense woods where I live and most is reservation land. One followed us on Halloween of 2018. I did not see it personally but my friend said it just slipped in and out of the trees and was very tall, slender and dark. It was the way he told the story that leads me to believe he really believes he saw something. a reply to: infiniteMeow

I have a Federal Marshall in the family he would tell me that those people were one Toke over the line, (sweet Jesus).

Well, I am JK of course but I am not about what I expect he might say.

I have never heard of this one. I love the exploring places and have a few friends with some Bigfoot stories that they tell that probably isn't one. Something happened for sure for them to tell me so I try to be open minded.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
a reply to: infiniteMeow

Interesting encounters.

Despite them being interested in you as you were just passing thru, it sometimes can just be as simple as because you saw them it may have been a curiosity to them. Since not all humans can perceive things out of the realm of "normal".

Or I can be completely wrong an indeed your locality has strange & forbidding Entities on the loose.

Thanks for sharing since it's not like us humans have a anywhere near complete list of all the types of High Strangeness
Entities roaming around.

I don't see stuff like this but also don't doubt it is possible that something I can't see, someone else can.

I tend to want my bubble protected from any and all spirits that are not of good intent 100 %. Just for good measure and maybe because I have faith there is a good/white hat/angelic being type of spirit legion that is about Agape love.

edit on 12-12-2021 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Do you think these things are physical beings or perhaps existing in another dimension (or able to shift between both)?

Im curious if only some people can see them. Or if once they shift into our reality, any eyes can see.

Reminds me of the missing 411 documentary. Alot of people go bizzarely missing in the forests.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   

This should teach you something about fear which is
possibly the whole reason this happened to you. Think about
what might have happened if you would have felt a different
emotion? Lets say the fear angered you enough to turn the tables.
Fear is a universal language. The Bible is very clear about fear.

People who poke fun at people describing these kind of
events. Will never get beyond their own fear. And a number of
members clearly display that all over this forum repeatedly.

You should send this to Steve on howtohunt.com

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Given the area couldn't it just be a couple of junkies seen with a light at an odd angle which made them look taller, I hear that the UK is having real problems with people snorting fertilizer that causes them to wig out, maybe they were just following you to try to jack your phone.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CptGreenTea

This is my kind of thinking.

I'm being drawn to time crossover points existing.

The female one was like reports of a white lady ghost. The difference being the sound of the gravel and she/it was very physically there . Not see through or glowing as many ghost stories suggest.
Maybe to her I was the apparition.

Like time cross points were two timelines cross.

The only oddities being she followed me in the middle of a park after standing completely motionless. She didn't take proper steps, shuffling small steps. Her attire was very odd (like an Edwardian wedding dress with ruffles after research on library comp this looked to me at the time like a high collar bubble jacket and a dress sort of) . Also her height, I am over six foot so not a shorty. She was really tall.

Some have suggested a witch like long Meg (another old folklore tale).

This park is usually empty at night. They stopped fishing at the lake sometime ago. No permits now.

A number of strange things have happened lately not just in this area but even city and town centres.
edit on 12-12-2021 by infiniteMeow because: description

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

I didn't use a phone at the time. this is an extremely old one I chucked a sim in. its like ten year old or something.

The first thing walked like through patch walking would be difficult unless you got really long legs (longer than mine). defo not local humans.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Randyvine2

I wasn't afraid, more surprised. the second encounter was spooky.
I suppose you have to value your life to feel fear of losing it. I don't really value my life. like anyone else I still have natural danger avoidance but not much more.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   
i have more than 30 years of reading accounts of Aliens

but i guess i'm the only member here that recalls a particular type of tall, stick-figure Alien that were witnessed by humans who were abducted and underwent examination in a surgical environment by these stick-like, 7' tall aliens

the creatures did not have verbal speech, and the best comparison would be that the stick-figure entities were most like our insects known as Praying Mantis which walked upright...unlike the Earth insects with multiple legs and arms that functioned as such...

abducted humans relate that the Alien Giant, 'Praying Mantis' seemed to be the Alien Species-in-charge of the implant operation on abducted humans, and the 3' tall 'Greys' were the blue-collar grunts

this info is from at least 30 years ago, so i cannot'fact check' any reliable source...

search real old 'Saucer' or 'ufo' magazines...google the praying mantis Aliens from years ago

Fortean Times rings a bell in my deep memory hole. eta: www.youtube.com...
edit on th31163934520212402021 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Maybe not cursed especially if no one is being hurt.

Possibly simply native beings(Fae for lack of a better term) that we've been told to forget and fear, living life like any deer, badger or mouse

I agree, that seems very possible.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: infiniteMeow
I walked my normal route home with my bag of shopping from local supermarket. My route through the woods over a stream and along a path popular with dog walkers.

I kept feeling something was following me about forty maybe fifty yards away.

Deer don't normally follow folk I thought. Then as I passed near the farm I saw it approach from my left. It was eight to nine feet tall and thin like a smaller tree. It had long hair black straight scraggly. Long arms and long fingers.

I pulled out my hatchet and walked toward it thinking I don't give a £#&%. It ran west the tree branches flinging back that it ran through. I thought to myself wtf was that thing?

I've carried a hatchet and torch for a while now after what I can only describe as haunting things and crypto like beings observing from bushes in woodland areas.

This thing was not a human and almost looked in the dark like a walking tree. I have discussed with many what it was.
Djinn was one answer. I know one thing if you fear they come after you if you have no fear they run. What was it? What in the... if I had my PC running I would draw it and upload.

Anyways a few months later I fell asleep at a friends house. Woke early hours of around twelve thirty a.m. thought best get off home.

Took shortcut through same park nature reserve to store which at time was twenty four hour.
Going through park picnic area then along the stream.

At second bridge this tall slender shape was stood motionless. I had no torch or hatchet so I just did a sneak walk thinking they can't see me in this dark.

The being looked alien about seven and a half foot tall. In like a bubble jacket and dress. I walked silently past about seven metres away on a connected path. The being had long dark hair long fingers. I observed as I passed then suddenly the being came after me.

Shuffling small steps on the gravel path behind me. I panicked sort of but carried on as I could hear the small shuffling steps. I crossed a small marsh area at which point i think i lost the being. Then over a stream then up the hill over the cow field and then went to supermarket.
I was pretty freaked out. the first one I felt was male the second female.
After research on Internet closest thing to second encounters clothes were a Edwardian wedding dress.I put the year at around 2016 although so much happening in last few years could of been 2017

So I know there's stuff out there just wonder if any similar experiences?

No matter what it was, I'm just thankful something other than a covid- or politics-related thread made it to the top here for a change! I started coming to this site for the paranormal and hopefully it'll eventually get back to that. Not complaining about ATS, it's great and the posts aren't really in their control...just would like something less earthbound...
edit on 12-12-2021 by Visiting ESB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Me too. 3 weeks ago. Moving like "Predator", see through...up on the roof, looking at me in my garden doorway.

I was just gonna post that.

Mine moved about like a see through woobly soap bubble in the air.

Thought I was seeing things.

I don't know what they are...but you confirmed I'm not crazy.

Thnx. Reach out anytime ..MS

How fast did they move? the ones that were observing me moved very slowly, it made their camo more effective. At first i thought maybe they are military, dressed up in hi tech camo, but it does not make any sense, absolutely no point in stalking me, they have to be something completely different.

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 07:31 PM
link   
What you described is very similar my friend told me he saw when working on cemetary, this was late 90s and he was doing harvesting as a summer job being underage.

So once he got feeling someone is stalking and turned fast around and there was this long thin threelike creature standing with long black hair and long fingers and it looked like made from twig. It disappeared fast.

My friend has idea the creature probably appeared because he was interrupting someone or something with a grave. These creatures seems to be tied to places with trees and tombs?
edit on 13-12-2021 by AcerM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 09:01 PM
link   

On the roof looking at me...like a bubble-see through "Predator". Wobbly, wavy.

I am a 5th gen "sensitive"...something altogether unrelated...but I felt them...before him""saw" them.

Have seen many amazing and strange things in my time of 69 yrs...this was new.

Had the distinct sensitive impression that they move at night among the rooftops.

Dunno. But I often sleep in my chair facing the french garden door (lots of panes, reflections)...but I sleep with it open, even slightly in winter.

Waiting...to see...if I "see" these...whatever's again.

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Who goes to a supermarket with a hatchet?

Do the same route repeatedly in the middle of the night, strap some night vision cameras fore and aft.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join