It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Matrix Awakens An Unreal Demo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Ok so its only a tech demo weighing in at 29gigs on Xbox Series X

but hot dam, after playing it I cant help but be truly immersed into the small slice of the city they have created and also the set piece car chase

Will it ever become a full game.......

once you complete the car chase you get to walk around the city and drive any parked vehicles

If this is what games have the potential to become then us gaming nerds could be treated to some amazing vistas in the next 5-10 years

Hats off to Epic, Unreal 5 is almost to real

Now was that a the same black cat I just saw outside my window

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Wow. That looks fun.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

Great FX... no wonder Playstation 5 sold out in England earlier in the year

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   
So they replaced Neo with a black female?
How progressive.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Pistol was a very poor choice of weapon for the part where she was shooting the cars/agents/tires lol pretty cool overall though

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 03:59 PM
link   

No PC version even for those of us with high end machines, is disappointing...

:/

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

your joking me, i thought it must be on PC and I was going to ask how it looked, as despite being a console player myself I am not blind to the fact a high end PC would eat both the xbox and PS for breakfast

Even still on the series X or PS5 it looks amazing, as a side note the early part of the video with Keanu/Carrie narrating is also not real, leaving uncanny valley behind, I think it is slightly more noticable on Carrie if you look at her top lip when talking, Keanus moustache hides it a little
edit on 000000p3104America/Chicago12102021512 by UpThenDown because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I watched this at 1 am last night and was blown away.
I struggled between determining if it was a movie or game.
Absolutely stellar.

I was punching the sky, cursing Microsoft for being so far behind on systems.
I haven’t been able to find a series X in my city anywhere since release.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
How progressive.

Did you miss the part where identity and physics are as malleable as a wardrobe? I would expect she's the default avatar which can eventually be customized.

I can't see any title where "something something awakens" doesn't immediately make me cringe because Star Wars. But clearly this game was built for the latest in processing hardware and uses every inch to maximum capacity. I hope it leans hard into the existential riddles that plague our relationship with virtual facsimile.

edit on 10-12-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 06:31 PM
link   

How progressive.

Do you mean Morpheus...

I don't know, the Matrix the original is still one of my favorites will watch it whenever I stumble across it, the sequels? not so much. Don't think I watched them both more than once, LOL even bailed on binge-watching the trilogy during COVID.

There are games I would get a P5 for probably but this isn't one of them.
edit on 10-12-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 04:42 AM
link   
This loocks astonishing

I wasted lots of time gaming 10 years back on the PS3. Since not so much. This loks tempting to the point, to get set up again...

If you don't hear from me for a long time, I gave in to temptation

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Brilliant, not quite there yet but almost real, the NEXT generation may be the one that is finally able to give us the illusion of reality.

Unreal engine 5 is a massively powerful engine.

Remember the ancient Tomb Raider 2 game, some fan made a remake in the previous version of the unreal engine the unreal engine 4.

There is a link in this next video.

I was never a Tomb raider fan but at the mention of the unreal engine I remembered that there are a few game remakes made by fans using the Unreal engine variant's.

Remember these are the earlier version of the unreal engine.

These are in the unreal engine 5.

edit on 11-12-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Gently strokes 3080ti. Patience.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpThenDown
Ok so its only a tech demo weighing in at 29gigs on Xbox Series X

but hot dam, after playing it I cant help but be truly immersed into the small slice of the city they have created and also the set piece car chase

Will it ever become a full game.......

once you complete the car chase you get to walk around the city and drive any parked vehicles

If this is what games have the potential to become then us gaming nerds could be treated to some amazing vistas in the next 5-10 years

Hats off to Epic, Unreal 5 is almost to real

Now was that a the same black cat I just saw outside my window
'

Loved it thank you for posting. Heard about the tech demo a few days ago. It is astounding but many things have already been done better in the PC version (Not console version) of Cyberpunk 2077. I run the game in 1440P with Ultra settings and Raytracing (which is missing in this tech demo on consoles) on "pshyco" settings, one setting higher than the Ultra setting in Cyberpunk 2077. Not bashing the console demo here but just pointing out that they can do a whole lot more already right now with this tech demo on the PC. But of course im running Cyberpunk on a system with a RTX3080 overclocked to the same performence of a 3090 and using the latest DLSS version.

Once they ad raytraced reflections and contact shadows to this you will be floored by this demo once again i can tell you. Raytracing is also something that can definitely show in screenshots but will only truly show when you are in the games. It just rings more true than all the faked rasterized effects we have used thus far to approximate all the lighting, shaders and reflection effects. It feels more real right down to the subconscious level.

I experimented with it since i got the RTX3080 last month and turned of raytracing after a few days of playing with it on in the 3 titles i played that have this and i was astounded on the effect it had on me with it suddenly not being there. It all all of a sudden felt so much less convincing and engrossing.

You would say that that is not very surprising since Raytracing mimics how real light works for us but trust me the difference will astound you. You will be in awe of the effects but you will be more so when you turn it of after having experienced it. It just rings more true to your brain. The consoles right now however are not capable enough of RT yet but you will see in a few years this will become more and more of the norm and by the time the next gen consoles come out they will phase out raterization altogether and all new GPU's will be mainly foccused on calculating raytraced effects.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 05:08 AM
link   

How progressive.

Nah she is based on one of the new characters in the new movie but you are not wrong about the woke motivation behind her character.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Paschar0

Have you ran Cyberpunk 2077 on that card yet? If not go do that now !! xD

No really its a great game. I first bought into the bs that i ran horribly but that was only true for the console version. The PC version only suffered from bugs which have mostly been eradicated and the next update will be a huge focus on other things. If you have played it. Imagine using that engine (or the one showed in the OP on EU5) , imagine it being used to make a bladerunner game.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well I've had my X since July and this is the first time I've finally seen what it's capable of.
(was getting worried there..)
Crash mechanics finally "feels" real. Looks great.

Nice!

edit on 12-12-2021 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: Paschar0

Have you ran Cyberpunk 2077 on that card yet? If not go do that now !! xD

No really its a great game. I first bought into the bs that i ran horribly but that was only true for the console version. The PC version only suffered from bugs which have mostly been eradicated and the next update will be a huge focus on other things. If you have played it. Imagine using that engine (or the one showed in the OP on EU5) , imagine it being used to make a bladerunner game.

Actually yes I do have the game and the lighting with DLSS and HDR is pretty great looking. I was also lucky that my samsung TV is 120 refesh rate at 1440p and that also helps make it butter smooth. That said, it's no where near as impressive as unreal 5 that I'm seeing getting developed, but yes very good.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   
just as an update to clarify what is real and what is game engine, this video breaks it down

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I have never played this game before. But after seeing that YouTube video, I really wanna play this game. I have seen this movie when I was a child and after seeing that movie, I become a really big fan of Tom Cruise. I don't know about him before seeing this movie.
edit on 23-12-2021 by PedroMDavis because: Spelling mistake

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join