It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brussels on edge as thousands clash with police over new covid rules amid infection surge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   
As an American considering where this is happening reminds me of kinda like DC in 2020 and 1/6/2021. Am I wrong ? what say you Fortress Europe 2.0

Not gonna lie though whenever I see unrest in Europe, sooner or later you go I wonder how much of that could be Russia?

Belgian police fired water cannon and used tear gas Sunday to disperse protesters opposed to compulsory health measures against the coronavirus pandemic, news agency AFP reported. Around 8,000 people marched through Brussels towards the headquarters of the European Union, chanting "Freedom!" and letting off fireworks. Protesters were blocked from reaching the roundabout outside the EU headquarters by a barbed wire barricade and a line of riot officers. The demonstrators oppose compulsory health measures -- such as masks, lockdowns and vaccine passes -- and some share conspiracy theories. Watch this report for more.

edit on 10-12-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Well good news everyone!

Mask mandates, lockdowns, and vaccine passports aren’t conspiracy theories anymore according to the OP.

Good for the people of Brussels taking a stand against all of this.

+38 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

This is no longer about Covid.

This is about governments inability to relinquish control.

The media will spend hours, days talking of variants and vaccines, but the true infection has taken place in the halls of governments.

Politicians have become opportunistic infections on our very freedoms.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Not gonna lie though whenever I see unrest in Europe, sooner or later you go I wonder how much of that could be Russia?

I lived in that region for a while. I can say with absolutely certainty it is the Belgian people. They love to protest.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Ordinarily, I'd agree but as long as various governments use covid as an excuse to ride roughshod over their own people they'll see those people getting p***ed off with them.

Russia can take a break, put their feet up and grab the popcorn.

Any blame lies squarely on the shoulders of those abusing their powers .

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I lived in that region for a while. I can say with absolutely certainty it is the Belgian people. They love to protest.

Not sure if you are saying the protests are legit, or just this is what Belgians do. In. a population of 11 Million isn't 8,000 + protesting semi significant? I don't know Im not a Belgian, that said a quick search of Belgian protests prior to 2020 shows there were indeed quite a few protests, so many different reasons mentioned makes me wonder it must help cause they keep on protesting. Or is it the opposite they always protest because nothing ever changes.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 04:46 PM
link   
As someone who visits Brussels, and most EU capitals regularly I can tell you this is the rear minority.

Brussels is not "on the edge".

People are pissed off, yes.

But people are employed and will not jeopardize their income. These are generally the unemployed and are dealt with rapidly.

There is no revolution here. Just civil unrest as expected when restrictions are imposed.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   
It looks like history is repeating itself.
''Don't buy from the unvaccinated'',sound familiar?

The owner of this shop said he disagrees with lockdown,mask etc mandates and won't discriminate.
Now he is a filthy unvaccinated.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The media will spend hours, days talking of variants and vaccines, but the true infection has taken place in the halls of governments.

Politicians were never the ones making the biggest paycheck from this scheme. It's the manufacturers, the materials suppliers, the patent owners and the healthcare executives flipping product for bonuses. The politicians get extra to sign a couple papers and talk on TV but they are just the middle of the pyramid.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   

If I may add, the fact that they are connected at the hip with big pharma like Phizer and the MSM like CNN.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I'm not sure you're giving the politicos enough credit.

Especially the ones making mandates and laws which directly effect penal culpability.

Luckily there is still a shell of a justice branch still working however their efforts are waning like the boosters.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Governments do not want to let go, what is wrong with letting people be back to normal and deal with the virus as everything else.

Nope, because it was never about the virus is about control and the darn jabs, everybody needs the jabs.

Cannot keep lying to the people anymore.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Covid as the reason stopped more than a year ago.

Now, it's about control. Really, that was an underlying reason from the start of it...but there was, in the beginning, reason for concern.

That level of concern has proven to be unnecessary...though, of course, the nay-sayers will disagree.

No, this is all about control. Control of our lives. Mandating masks. Mandating vaccines, unnecessary vaccines for all but a small minority of people. Taking control of our lives, or attempting to, for our "safety".

These people, and I use the term loosely, care nothing for us. Their egomaniacal tactics are for the sole purpose of control.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Blunt American Version:

This was NEVER about Covid.

This is about the democrat party's refusal to reverse any of their blatantly unconstitutional, fascist, and openly tyrannical actions, and their push for even more of the same.

The 81 million, and their captive media will spend months, years, defending the various despicable tactics used by the democrat party fascists on their behalf.

Democrats have always been opportunistic infections on our very freedoms, but it looks like their leaders have advanced to the terminal stage of HIV, having now infected every single department and agency of our federal government, with the POSSIBLE exception of scotus.

Soto appears to have so far failed to spread her disease to the other 8.

edit on 10-12-2021 by Ghostsdogood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsdogood

I'll give the benefit of the doubt for the first couple of months, after that, no. Then it became about, as most everyone seems to be catching onto, control.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376

The owner of this shop said he disagrees with lockdown,mask etc mandates and won't discriminate.

That looks more German than Belgian.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Ghostsdogood

I'll give the benefit of the doubt for the first couple of months, after that, no. Then it became about, as most everyone seems to be catching onto, control.

Late march 2020.

Just days after the now infamous democratic party strategy meetings that spawned their overt 'by any means necessary' plan to destroy Trump and anyone able to see through the democrat's dishonest propaganda.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: glen200376

That looks more German than Belgian.

Yeah, Germany.Sorry I forgot to say.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 10:18 PM
link   
How many Houses does Burnme and the Bidens own? These people who have never held a real job their entire lives managed to become millionaires while being elected and from no other way. How can anyone miss such a money grab in the $millions? They go in poor and come out millionaires.

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Politicians were never the ones making the biggest paycheck from this scheme. It's the manufacturers, the materials suppliers, the patent owners and the healthcare executives flipping product for bonuses. The politicians get extra to sign a couple papers and talk on TV but they are just the middle of the pyramid.

edit on 10-12-2021 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

top topics

join