It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Verdingkinder are slave children in Switzerland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Many people admire Switzerland. Like, what a wonderful democratic country! And people can hold referendums on any occasion, and their salaries are higher than in neighboring countries - this is an example worthy of all imitation.

Nevertheless, this territory, which stores the gold plundered by the West from all countries of the world and, thanks to this, escaped the bloody wars of the last century, has written one vile page in its usurious history.

Until the end of the 1960s, the term Verdingkinder existed in Switzerland - "contract children" or "bondage children". This was the name of the little Swiss, who were taken away from their parents and transferred to other people's families as free labor. Children from poor urban families were sent to peasant farms. as free labor. The guardianship authorities often took away 4-5 year old children, and their normal life ended. They worked 10-12 hours a day, slept in basements and hayloft, and ate scraps. They were beaten. they were bullied, they were not considered human.

In 2013, the Swiss government issued an official apology for this shameful page in the country's history.
From Wikipedia:

"Investigations by historian Marco Leuenberger brought to light that in 1930 there were some 35,000 indentured children; though he suspects the real figure was twice that much, and between 1920 and 1970 more than 100,000 are believed to have been placed with families or homes. There were auctions in which children were handed over to the farmer asking the least money from the authorities, thus securing cheap labor for his farm and relieving the authority from the financial burden of looking after the children.In the 1930s, 20% of all agricultural laborers in the Canton of Bern were children below the age of 15. "

From the Russian-speaking Wikipedia:

“State auctions were held in which children were transferred to farmers by the authorities in exchange for charging the child recipient with a minimum wage, which the state provided the farms with cheap labor, while relieving itself of the financial burden of supporting children from families in need of support. that in the 1930s, 20% of all agricultural work in the German-speaking canton of Bern was carried out by children under the age of 15. "

This is a vivid example of the origins of European tolerance, which they now want to plant in Russia.

Thank you.
edit on 10-12-2021 by RussianTroll because: Add

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 05:05 AM
link   
We are not Swiss but German and my poor Mother R.I.P, was one of those children. She was given out for work on a Farm and was treated badly. No dolls or toys allowed, had to work even when ill, many other stories. Really sad. Mum was rhe best mum to us, her children. Lots of love and safety. I miss her.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

I am lucky to be born in this country, lots of things are great, actually too good to be true.
Like how women weren't alowed to vote till 1971.
There is so much retardedness in Switzerlands history the reputation it has is baffling...

I think Switzerland holds a very peculiar position in the international scheme.

It is odd that, apart from the Vatican city, it's the only country with a square flag.

Another oddity is the bank of international settlement(BIS) is located on an enclave inside Switzerland, very few people know that....

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Might explain this sinister statue of a monster eating kids, yikes ! Hecate glad your Mom was able to eventually able to have a loving family of her own, takes a lot of Heart to survive abuse and still remain sane and loving 🥰

allthatsinteresting.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

This is a vivid example of the origins of European tolerance, which they now want to plant in Russia.

Thank you.

That is quite hateful statement. As we all know Russia is Russia even if you try to stir it in butter. Russia has different state of mind, always been that way.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

Thank you.

That is quite hateful statement. As we all know Russia is Russia even if you try to stir it in butter. Russia has different state of mind, always been that way.

With all the CRT and PC bull# going on presently in the West, and the politicians NOT representing the interest of their native populations, sad to say, can't believe we have reached that point, but I'm afraid RussianTroll is right....smh....

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

I disagree totally, i have a different view on things as i live in Scandinavia not in US. Troll seems always keep polishing his shield for Russian view on things and dismissing any other views. In here i do not see anyone or any foreign policies being fed for Russian ppl, it is impossible. Censorship lives and is doing well in Russia.

BTW he is never online on weekend.. you might wonder why ? Maybe he is doing this as his work.. if so, you have to think who is paying his salary.

edit on 10-12-2021 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   
So Switzerland isn't all ski resorts, chocolates and Alpenhorns? Say it isn't so! Sadly every country has it's dark underbelly and evil secrets to keep. Since they have been stashing away dictators gold and hosting the EU we all knew there was more to it. Fun fact; Helvetian units (Swiss) fought for France under Napoleon. They were also the palace guard of Louis XVI and nearly died to a man defending it from the Paris mob. They were mercenaries for many armies of Europe.

Personal confession: my ancestry is French/Swiss and I am related to one of Napoleon's Marshals. I also have English, Scotch, Iroquois and Choctaw blood. All-American mutt.
edit on 10-12-2021 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I disagree totally, i have a different view on things as i live in Scandinavia not in US. Troll seems always keep polishing his shield for Russian view on things and dismissing any other views. In here i do not see anyone or any foreign policies being fed for Russian ppl, it is impossible. Censorship lives and is doing well in Russia.

BTW he is never online on weekend.. you might wonder why ? Maybe he is doing this as his work.. if so, you have to think who is paying his salary.

Hmmm....FSB then ?

Given the polonium in the tea at the Millenium.....RussianTroll, we are friends, right ? You would not put anything in my tea, would you ?

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz
a reply to: RussianTroll, dollukka

Hmmm....FSB then ?

Given the polonium in the tea at the Millenium.....RussianTroll, we are friends, right ? You would not put anything in my tea, would you ?
edit on 10-12-2021 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 11:45 PM
link   

You are wrong, or most likely you are prejudiced against me. I often visit the forum on weekends like today. Now in my Saratov Saturday 9:41 am.
As I wrote yesterday, lately I have a lot of work, 2 weeks I was not at home, I was on a business trip. And to see a Russian propagandist on a salary in every one is like seeing Russian submarines in every school of fish off the coast of Sweden))))

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Hmmm....FSB then ?

My friend, I will not violate intellectual property. Polonius comes from the word "Poland", adding it to tea is a Polish prerogative)))

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Hmmm....FSB then ?

My friend, I will not violate intellectual property. Polonius comes from the word "Poland", adding it to tea is a Polish prerogative)))

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Seen a docu on the Verdingkinder a few years ago. Shocking, I tell ya.

I've always been puzzled by the...

Kindlifresserbrunnen.

The Scandal of the Swiss Slave-Children

Thousands Of Swiss Children Sold Into Slavery

Peter Neumann, the documentary film-maker whose work has forced Switzerland to acknowledge its uncomfortable past, first heard of the ordeal of the Verdingkinder, from his grandfather.

Human Trafficking & Modern-day Slavery in SwissyLand

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I thought "Polonius" was the chief counsellor in Shakespeare's Hamlet.

Sounds Roman to me all the same.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I thought "Polonius" was the chief counsellor in Shakespeare's Hamlet.

Sounds Roman to me all the same.

"The rest is silence"(с)

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

I think it is a depiction of AugustusMasonicus granddad at the anual freezer emptying frenzy

top topics

join