It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are kindergartners forced to eat lunch outside in the cold now?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   
There are reports surfacing that 6 and 7 year-olds in Minnesota and Oregon are being forced to eat lunch outside. Gotta practice social distancing!
This wouldn't be a problem if the weather was nice. But 40 degrees F, even colder? I can't believe the schools could not come up with some type of arrangement as an alternative to the kids eating outside.

From Minneapolis

From Portland, OR

I wonder how many teachers are eating their lunches outside?

MORE< br />

Oregon Democrat Governor Kate Brown was attending the LGBTQ Victory Fund’s 30th Anniversary Gala in Washington D.C. to be inducted into its Hall of Fame on Saturday and was photographed at an indoor gala without a mask. Washington D.C. does not have an indoor mask mandate; Oregon is one of a few states that still has an indoor mask mandate.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Such bull#. The kids are together all day, here without masks even. They will group up, come close, these are kids, let them. The overall distancing during play has to be less than sitting at a table orderly.

Yeah and meanwhile in the same state, nonsensical LGBTQ "hall of famers" can walk around without a mask. But kids have to mask up all day and eat their food segregated in the cold.

Sounds reasonable.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I can't believe this, is there any common sense
what they training to do, teachers must be able to protect children not throw them out in cold.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
There are reports surfacing that 6 and 7 year-olds in Minnesota and Oregon are being forced to eat lunch outside. Gotta practice social distancing!
This wouldn't be a problem if the weather was nice. But 40 degrees F, even colder? I can't believe the schools could not come up with some type of arrangement as an alternative to the kids eating outside.

From Minneapolis

From Portland, OR

as an interesting counterpoint, people in some Nordic countries actually stick babies outside in the cold for naps, for their health. as well as having young kids (such as the ages you are talking about), have saunas (extreme heat), then send them outside in only their underwear to run and play, even dumping water on themselves, in the winter.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I don't get it. They're talking about 'cold lunches'. Why do you have to go anywhere.

I can understand why they might not want all the kids in the cafeteria at the same time, but they could stagger the lunches. They could have 11:00-11:30, 11:30-12:00, & 12:-12:30 (or something like that).

Also, why not let them eat in the classroom. Or in the Gymnasium. Or even just sitting in the Hallways.

When I was in school, the times when I took my own lunch, I didn't eat in the cafeteria anyways. That was part of the reason I liked taking my own lunch, just so I wouldn't have to go to the cafeteria.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   
What have they been doing when it's raining?

The district did promise to provide “heavy-duty tents” for extremely cold weather, though. Why have your child risk catching COVID by eating inside the building, in an enclosed space with a comfortable temperature, when they can eat instead inside a tent, an enclosed space with an uncomfortable temperature?

hotair.com...

edit on 12/9/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: generik

originally posted by: ColeYounger

From Minneapolis

From Portland, OR

as an interesting counterpoint, people in some Nordic countries actually stick babies outside in the cold for naps, for their health. as well as having young kids (such as the ages you are talking about), have saunas (extreme heat), then send them outside in only their underwear to run and play, even dumping water on themselves, in the winter.

I don't condone forcing children to eat outside. But I lived in Minnesota, and if it got to 40 degrees it was time to pull out the shorts, and sleeveless tops.

40 degrees back thing was like a mild Spring day.

I have not been back since 1998. So things may be different.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

If they just made it an option where any of the kids could choose to eat outside, including those who are getting a tray lunch in the cafeteria, many kids would probably choose to eat outside, and this would no longer be an issue.

When I was in High School, we weren't even allowed to go outside at all during school hours. Even if we needed to get something out of our car in the parking lot, we would need to get special permission to do so. Even at lunchtime, we weren't allowed outside. We could either go to the cafeteria or the gym.
edit on 12/9/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Tell the kids they are not made out of sugar and won't melt.

I can vividly imagine it.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I have a wonderful 11 year old daughter in the Oregon Online Charter Schools. We had a really difficult time making the decision when we moved back nearly 4 years ago, but after seeing this story yesterday and our daughters peers being forced to sit ON UPSIDE DOWN HOMER BUCKETS, outside a couple yards apart…we couldn’t be happier with our choice and her opportunity to enjoy being a human being while eating lunch.

We are presently settling our affairs, readying our beautiful home in the mountains for sale and leaving this God forsaken wreck known as the Pacific Northwest.

Nowhere is foolproof these days, but there are plenty of more appropriate areas for a child to be a child and given the governance here, it won’t be long before they dissolve online charter schools, or worse.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 06:01 PM
link   

This is child abuse,plain and simple.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I read they were still being forced to eat outside in New York too not so long ago.

Yeah, as of Nov. 24. Some schools are making them eat this way because they can't maintain social distancing in the lunch rooms.
edit on 9-12-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Isn't this akin to child cruelty? don't we have laws against this type of treatment of children, I thought our nations protect their innocent assets.

law sues, everyone?

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Isn't this akin to child cruelty? don't we have laws against this type of treatment of children, I thought our nations protect their innocent assets.

law sues, everyone?

I have no faith in them protecting any of us. Least of all, the children.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Who wants to go outside and eat on the orange buckets!? It's a little cold, but did you know that if you beat on them, they sound like a drum? If you do want to eat outside, you can hit the bucket 20 times! Now, not everybody can go outside and eat on the buckets, there isn't enough of them. So only a few of you will get to go outside. Okay, now.... who wants to go outside and eat on the drums.. I mean, buckets!?

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

I don't get it. They're talking about 'cold lunches'. Why do you have to go anywhere.

I can understand why they might not want all the kids in the cafeteria at the same time, but they could stagger the lunches. They could have 11:00-11:30, 11:30-12:00, & 12:-12:30 (or something like that).

Also, why not let them eat in the classroom. Or in the Gymnasium. Or even just sitting in the Hallways.

When I was in school, the times when I took my own lunch, I didn't eat in the cafeteria anyways. That was part of the reason I liked taking my own lunch, just so I wouldn't have to go to the cafeteria.

Eating in classrooms and the gym requires extra work for teachers and they don’t get a lunch break away from the kids, it’s that simple for too many selfish teachers ! It used to be that one of the perks to being a teacher was they got a long summer break with the kids, in return they had to be willing to be “Johnny on the fly “ during rain/snow days and supervise the kids in the classroom during lunch time and recess. Good teachers made it fun, resentful teachers made it clear they were missing out on “Their” time.

Apparently all the $$ being spent at schools for the Rona, isn’t enough to cover the costs for extra staff and janitors to handle these ridiculous requirements and the solution is to send the kids out in the cold ! 🥶

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

originally posted by: marg6043

law sues, everyone?

I have no faith in them protecting any of us. Least of all, the children.

Agree. The more vulnerable, the more abused/exploited/ignored.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

Eating in classrooms and the gym requires extra work for teachers and they don’t get a lunch break away from the kids, it’s that simple for too many selfish teachers ! It used to be that one of the perks to being a teacher was they got a long summer break with the kids, in return they had to be willing to be “Johnny on the fly “ during rain/snow days and supervise the kids in the classroom during lunch time and recess. Good teachers made it fun, resentful teachers made it clear they were missing out on “Their” time.

Apparently all the $$ being spent at schools for the Rona, isn’t enough to cover the costs for extra staff and janitors to handle these ridiculous requirements and the solution is to send the kids out in the cold ! 🥶

I am about to tell my age....

When I was a child, we did not have a cafeteria. We all brought our lunches from home, and we ate at our desks. We didn't even have a playground. We had a field were we would play games, mostly tag, and, wait for it, .... doge ball!

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Did you ever have that faith?

I didn't. A govt at any level does nothing out of the goodness of it's heart. That is completely accidental.

Control. That's all it's ever been about.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Biden's spokesperson (Jen Psaki) says its OK for kids to eat outside in the cold, because it keeps them safe from Covid-19.

Biden's mouthpiece says: www.foxnews.com...

Because Jen Psaki hates herself, she enjoys making and seeing people be miserable.

Nasty heifer!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join