It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your God killed My Buddies

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2021 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Shannon Hoon, was most definitely responsible for his own demise. I remember him being here and pissing on the front row at a show. No, this guy was out of control.

That would sound like pretty extreme vile behavior. I listen to a lot of music of all kinds, I play music since I was 11. Only kind of music I don't listen to is contemporary evangelical stuff. Cant stomach it. Everything else I love. All music types and genres.

Even the metal heads didn't come right out and say F god. King diamond, Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath, I never got that message from any metal. Ive heard a lot of protest and freedom seeking in music, but Hoons was pretty in your face.

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: didntasktobeborned

In the great scheme of things, Hoon was a nobody and God didn’t smite Hoon, Hoon smote Himself with drugs
Stop blaming God for individuals dumb choices

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

In the great scheme of things, Hoon was a nobody and God didn’t smite Hoons

Because he was reprobate. I get that. If I were a Christian Id still be one of two. Either god is still working just like he always has IF you open your eyes to see..or we are just nobodys in the great scheme. I would pick that god is still god and yeah..hes down to smite a fool. Its really why I can not follow that god. I would have nothing, no one around me..totally alone, If I followed his word as I understand it. Sure I could have a family, but But, will they really be free? Then the things of the world and all of its people would have to be lost to me. And I would not have the courage to answer gods call, and if I did try, then man would have his way with me..Id rather just go down with the ship. As honorable as I can.

Heres an example.
Let The Church Roll On. Not like a huge fan of this tune, But its solid bluegrass gospel.

Let the church roll on (oh my lord)
Let the church roll on

There’s a deacon in the church (oh my lord)
And he won’t do right (oh my lord)
What shall we do (oh my lord)
Turn him out and kick him out
And let the church roll on

There a drunkards in the church (oh my lord)
And he won’t do right (oh my lord)
What shall we do, take the liquor pour it out

There’s women in the church (oh my lord)
Got paint on their face (oh my lord)
What shall we do take some water and wash it off

edit on 16-12-2021 by didntasktobeborned because: duh duh duh

edit on 16-12-2021 by didntasktobeborned because: content

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Well, let it roll on, God said... to His church...“Go and love the reprobate”
God loves sinners, the broken and lost

You try and turn that gospel message into God hating the lost, that’s not the gospel.
Jesus died for Hoon, Jesus loved Hoon, Hoon didn’t love himself
God didn’t smite Hoon, Hoon smited himself

Deacons, drunks and painted faced women are who Jesus came for, that’s the gospel message, the broken, the sinners and the lost
I don’t understand your argument, it’s backwards
Jesus didn’t come to heal the healthy, they don’t need Him
edit on 16-12-2021 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   

If you understand that it is backwards then you do understand it.

Bluntly, my old lady wouldn't put up with any of that BS and neither would my daughter, and Im not going to ask them to. Because both of them would tell me to take a short jump off a tall cliff. And truthfully it gets even more fundamental than that. Of course spreading the gospel is part of being a child of god. However it's done. By example, through ministry..cleaning toilets, but you have to be in the world but not of it..That seems like it would be terribly difficult and complicated.
edit on 16-12-2021 by didntasktobeborned because: content

edit on 16-12-2021 by didntasktobeborned because: didn't mean to use quote

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   

edit on 16-12-2021 by didntasktobeborned because: oops

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I understand it, been studying if for decades.

Mark 2: 16When the scribes who were Pharisees saw Jesus eating with these people, they asked His disciples, “Why does He eat with tax collectors and sinners?” 17On hearing this, Jesus told them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

Luke 19:10
For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost."

What you and others believe is not my business, what the bible teaches is my business
Jesus died for Hoon and his kind, God sent Jesus because everyone is important to God, so much more than they are to themselves, even those who practice evil

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Can ones 'spirit' be projected? In writing, movement, or by willing it somewhere. This pertains to the existence of a soul.Everything has a 'spirit', even the advertising on a can of beans projects a 'spirit'..Whats that all about?a reply to: Raggedyman

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   
No idea, never heard of it

If a tree falls in the forest?

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Ok. a voice then. Like I can hear your voice clear as a bell through this computer screen, because of the 'voice' in your writing. Spaces, typos, phrasing etc. All of these things create an overall representation of the writer and for me creates an almost 3d image in my mind. So I hear you. Is that your 'soul' talking to me? Your 'spirit' influencing mine?

If I can't see the tree how do I know its even there? a reply to: Raggedyman

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'd say it was cause and effect remember big ol dirty stinking Mexican is gonna get you high on Cannabis (marihuana) and rape you like a burro all the way back to Mexico.

Shifty eyed chinaman is gonna get you high on opium and rape you like a cat all the way back to China.

Words have consequences especially when they are untrue.

edit on 17-12-2021 by Crowfoot because: editing

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crowfoot
I'd say it was cause and effect

Thats what I lean toward. After everything is cleared out, what else could it be?

Where did the first thing to be effected and so on come from? I don't know..And I don't need to. I just need to know how it works. And I do. Not saying I have it mastered, unless I want to go out and live in the woods.(even there, nature wins) Thats where the compromise, sacrifice and a little luck come in. maybe come up with something useable and good, and not be alone.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   

The Gautama Buddha didn't realize anything but the wrong path as an Aesthetic; for many years he learned and served others, it wasn't until he went back home and sat under his father's tree resolute he'd uncover what he was looking for there, on returning home his father didn't even recognize him standing in line with the other workers after that night he was served a bowl full of maggots which he dumped out on the ground.

It just meant he realized he was dead and the dead know not what they do... if it wasn't for his previous training however he's have wandered in the darkness like all of them as well. Waking up beneath the tree was when a man passed by seeing him glowing with light; there upon the man asked him "what are you?" he simply said "awake" as he ceased to be in a meditative state pointing directly at the truth in that moment... realizing thusly he went back to teach those three other aesthetics to cease being blind to their condition and also awaken to the truth of it; after all he proclaimed he had reached "the deathless" so what else would his realization have been?

Such a realization personally; is NIrodha sammapati.

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I was inflammatory about this on purpose. No. Really. Use of the word coward was intentional. Ive met quite a few people who would quietly say, "yep, God killed him" , and every one of these folks FEAR their God. They are God fearing people. Not violent, not extreme or crazy. Just quiet believers (and most certainly not cowards), lot of old timers. Of course no one who actually believed that their god did this would gloat. Knowing their self is plenty. Maybe there's some who would..and that's where everything gets weird..And the pusher starts pushin.

edit on 20-12-2021 by didntasktobeborned because: content

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 04:18 PM
link   
(Shrugs)
His house, His rules.
State your case when it’s trial time.
Build your case.
Get a good lawyer.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>