It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your God killed My Buddies

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 09:54 PM
link   

And as I said you have been disingenuous from the get go, pretending that you didn't know that that was about a what non Christians Jews did for their Gods using just a little bit of truth to cover your true beliefs and feelings.

That my friend is some discombobulated shizniz. When combined with your Aymish lesson..you get..acess denied. You got trigger happy and missed.

Ill admit my vocal chords were a bit tight when writing the op but I stand by its premise and will graciously accept your unconditional surrender.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: didntasktobeborned

Well it’s pretty evident you have no comprehension of christianity outside of a child’s understanding.
Don’t assume you understand christianity.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: didntasktobeborned

SO bad example of a holy person there.

I didn't use them as an example of holy.
I personally define holy as practical.

And I don't see coincidence in nature..There is balance there. Perfect balance.

Ok if Nature is so balanced then how is it so? coincidence isnt scientific possible for it to naturally occur that way.

Also Hornets are of nature and if nature is so perfect why does God have to even influence them? they are territorial by nature. No influence required.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Well it’s pretty evident you have no comprehension of christianity outside of a child’s understanding.
Don’t assume you understand christianity.

So I would be a babe in Christ, not ready for the meat of the Word. If I were a Christian. And that would be good enough for me to get to heaven.

I try not to assume anything.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Ok if Nature is so balanced then how is it so?

I don't know.

The hornets are part of a bible myth.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I have no idea of your faith, only that your comprehension is childlike and false
Don’t pretend you understand or assume others beliefs based on ignorance

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

I have no idea of your faith, only that your comprehension is childlike and false
Don’t pretend you understand or assume others beliefs based on ignorance

Ok thanks for the assessment, and I will consider the advice. Im only suggesting a possibility. Not proporting anything personally. It can be false but still a true fact.

Remember Indiana Jones? If you're looking for the truth, then go hit up the philosophy teacher, but if you want facts you have the right place. (his class, paraphrased of course)

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Ok if Nature is so balanced then how is it so?

I don't know.

The hornets are part of a bible myth.

In revelation. thats not a real hornet,Its a locust and its a amalgamation of things.

biblehub.com...

Thats not the same as a hornet.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Enabling attitudes such as this are why some perfectly capable people are living with parents at 30, wondering which sex they really are.

You can ‘love’ another adult into destruction.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrujaRebooted

Enabling attitudes such as this are why some perfectly capable people are living with parents at 30, wondering which sex they really are.

You can ‘love’ another adult into destruction.

If he was capable he would not had had a hard time studying though. Some people are just wired differently and are imperfect.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Thats an interesting comment, considered it a lot, and you know I don't remember any bible stories where satan killed anyone. Which makes sense because satan is the king of lies and the deceiver but technically has no dominion on earth, only we do. Satan can just play tricks. Im not going to google it, Ill wait to be corrected here.
a reply to: sarahvital

true but neither did manson. well he did promise jesus h'd give him dominium over all he could see from the mountain top if he worshipped him

my friend was a bartender where we worked and her brother was killed by a drunk driver while in his horse and buggy at night.
she converted to Christianity when she left the family.

so wasn't the golden calf the Israelite's made while Moses was on the mount a graven image?

i generally don't get caught up in religious discussions, i'm not versed enough. lol.

which reminds me, my friend and pastor is in Kentucky and i text him yesterday and haven't heard back yet, i pray he is busy helping people and the communications is just knocked down.

i'll try again today.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   

well he did promise jesus h'd give him dominium over all he could see from the mountain top if he worshipped him

so wasn't the golden calf the Israelite's made while Moses was on the mount a graven image?

What I meant by dominion was the actual ability to kill, to physically interact. Like we have dominion over the fish of the sea and fouls of the air. Satan was trying to deceive Jesus. He had nothing to offer but a lie. If he did offer dominion it wasn't his to offer. We actually have dominion over satan. He has to obey us if we cast him out in Christs name.

And yes it would seem to me the golden calf was indeed a graven image/idol. according to the way I understand it.
Some would say that even the old rugged cross would fall into that category. Thats part of what this is about.Its really not about how I feel about christianity or any other religion, and I would never try to tell someone what they're believing is wrong. Im studying this.And according to everything Ive learned about Christianity and the Abrahamic god, this is valid.The comment about Manson, I understand, but a christian would say manson was under satanic influence, being deceived.Like any human that does anything terrible.If you don't have Jesus, then satan has you.
edit on 12-12-2021 by didntasktobeborned because: content

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Ive personally seen more than a few cases of failure due to attitude over aptitude. Attitude, I believe will carry you farther or defeat you, regardless of aptitude.

Attitudes can be very difficult to adjust, in another person.

I wouldnt support another adult that just wanted to screw around on social media or video games all day. Would you?

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 11:44 PM
link   
man kills man.
Not the lord.We are good at that.

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Ive personally seen more than a few cases of failure due to attitude over aptitude. Attitude, I believe will carry you farther or defeat you, regardless of aptitude.

Attitudes can be very difficult to adjust, in another person.

I wouldnt support another adult that just wanted to screw around on social media or video games all day. Would you?

depends on if said person was mentlly fit or able to actually work.

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Of course. Illness that would prevent employment. Thats a different story.

Today, however, everyone has a diagnosis. Thankfully, not everyone is on SSDI. Those who truly cant work, and its not due to drug abuse, thats a different scenario.

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   

In revelation. thats not a real hornet,Its a locust and its a amalgamation of things.

Thats not the same as a hornet.

That is a very good point. And a perfect illustration of the literal and figurative, as well as the things that can't be helped but to be lost in translation. What about the simpleton that just understands the hornet story and has no desire or the ability to find out what color its eyes are?

Like some folks misunderstanding of the word 'meek'. What do you think it means? I was taught that it literally means 'teachable', coming from a word used to describe a horse that was suited for war..They would build a fire under the horses belly and if it stood and let the fire burn it, then it was considered 'meek', and could be trained for war.

The 'meek' shall inherit the earth. What kind of people did you think it was talking about? Soft-spoken?

to me 'meek' means able to learn, and humble means that one has the desire to learn.

Why would god want people who could be trained for war to inherit the earth? Rhetorical.
edit on 13-12-2021 by didntasktobeborned because: content

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   

a reply to: TomCollin
but finally someone said it: free will

We have just enough free will to choose christ or not. If we do then God takes over and helps. If we don't, we will continue to walk in delusion and follow the path of darkness. Where all are lies including free will. Lost. At least that's my take on it. Free will only matters where it comes to the decision to follow Christ. Of course free will was around before Christ. Adam and Eves free will is what got us kicked out of the garden. They used their free will to disobey and try to deceive god and since Jesus wasn't around yet, god had no tolerance.
edit on 13-12-2021 by didntasktobeborned because: content

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   

The Amish are some of the biggest hypocrites around. They are to be forgiving,but shun people and toss them out for one.
SO bad example of a holy person there.

Just feel the need to address this again. I used the Amish as an example of a non-mainstream faith, and asked I wonder what they might think about idols etc. I really didn't want to talk about the Amish. Just used them to illustrate the many different belief systems in our society. Im pretty sure that's clear, but just in case.

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   

‘Purpose’ is another aspect of free will, which seems more connected to ‘lost’.

Ive lately been contemplating the notion of a ‘plan’, after hearing often in sermons about His plan for me. Being a bit new age, I wonder if it wasnt a collaboration when that plan was formed, and being lost refers to getting off track and off purpose.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join