It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your God killed My Buddies

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: didntasktobeborned

originally posted by: TomCollin
a reply to: didntasktobeborned

Please
Like Hoon wasn't a Junkie Drug Addict and died from it.
God didn't kill him, he did it to himself.
God gives people freewill and the ability to choose, Hoon chose poorly.

Now. Why not say of John Kay, "Even Lucifer knows the scriptures"? There are those that would say that they were both godless sodomites bound for the pits of eternal lamentation and gnashing of teeth, those opinions interest me.Because THAT god would spew him from his mouth as well, as light and dark cannot dwell together. Luke warm doesn't work.At that point god would be using a tactic..Kay was serving a purpose..still a heathen, but providing a service. And remember just because Jesus came doesn't make the old law null and void. Fundamentalism. Taxes. Maybe this question isn't for you, but the invisible enemy that Ive yet to hear from, If so Im pretty sure I didn't misunderstand your statement..Free will, bad choice..With that I agree, but bad isn't the word I would use..tragically ignorant seems more suited.Bad and poorly are a diversionary attack on his character and intelligence level…And extremely indifferent.

Labels.
edit on 9-12-2021 by didntasktobeborned because: why not

I have no idea what happened with this post..wierd..So 'God' is using the bikers for muscle, paying them in grass and pills.Sounds typical..Remember Altimont when the Stones tried that?
edit on 9-12-2021 by didntasktobeborned because: umm

edit on 9-12-2021 by didntasktobeborned because: again

edit on 9-12-2021 by didntasktobeborned because: music trivia

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   

None of what bumped your fingers on the key board and wrote changes the fact that Hoon did it to himself and not God. Nor that God gives free will.

Look I've been there, Multiple substances Alcohol, Weed, Shrooms, Coke, Cid. Stayed high or drunk morning noon and night for a thrid of my life, from 13 to 30, lost my first wife, and time that i could have spent with my son because of it. The only thing that stopped me was not dying in a car crash and facing jail lucky I didn't do either. I have also been a believer, since I was 12. I made the choice to use, I also made the choice not to use, Not God.

Here a little insight from the band, they all say he was doing it to himself, they were as well.

Shannon Hoon’s addiction to coc aine escalated with time. Stevens recalled, “Shannon’s drug use… that was from day one. …I think he had a lot of problems back when he was living in Indiana, and he got out. …We tried to deal with it – got him into treatment a few times and things like that. We did an intervention one time and he didn’t show up for it! Pretty classic.”

The Tragic Story Of Blind Melon and the Death Of Shannon Hoon

Don't blame somebodies weaknesses and poor choices on God, it's up to ones own self believer or not.

edit on 9-12-2021 by TomCollin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Please
Like Hoon wasn't a Junkie Drug Addict and died from it.
God didn't kill him, he did it to himself.
God gives people freewill and the ability to choose, Hoon chose poorly.

AHEM. the OLD LAW is still active for those who are not under the NEW COVENANT to be specific. Christians who accept jesus as saviour do not have to follow All the old laws under the old covenant,some things still apply though but for the most part its easier to follow.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   

None of what bumped your fingers on the key board and wrote changes the fact that Hoon did it to himself and not God. Nor that God gives free will.

Yet Your God works in mysterious ways does 'he' not? And to him a day is a thousand years and a thousand years a day…So no details matter, only your long-suffering and submission to the god of Israel. Job got done. He as well as so many other artists..dead. Another graven image.There are some who would ascribe to this notion.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Yet Your God works in mysterious ways does 'he' not? And to him a day is a thousand years and a thousand years a day…So no details matter, only your long-suffering and submission to the god of Israel. Job got done. He as well as so many other artists..dead. Another graven image.There are some who would ascribe to this notion.

You implying that God killed those artist? the human body is fragile and made to break down.

God is not at fault for a person destroying their own body.

They should Take responsibility for their selves and their actions.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Thank God, he doesn't kill people who come up with dumbass theories....

Looks like you will be safe.

Praise God.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Yet Your God works in mysterious ways does 'he' not? And to him a day is a thousand years and a thousand years a day

Yes to both, In the mysterious ways, some can and are reveled to you in your spirit if your able to understand, some maybe reveled when you stand before him, and some may never be known by you. Not sure what your getting at with the thousand years. But if your saying he doesn't change the way he deals with people, he did in sending Jesus.

So no details matter, only your long-suffering and submission to the god of Israel.

Yes details do matter, but depending on circumstances( what i mean by circumstances, that if you kill someone with out meaning to, steel something cause your hungry, even if your getting high because your hurting inside, things like that) they don't excuse behavior or actions, you are responsible for those.

If God wanted blind obedience he would have made people brain dead automatons.

God doesn't want people to suffer, well maybe in the old testaments times you could say he wanted them to suffer punishment for sins they didn't repent of. Or they committed the unpardonable sin, that would be blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, (which if you were to think about the lyrics it could be said Hoon did just that, more on that later). Every year if I recall correctly the Israelite's/ Jews had to offer a sin offering, a blood sacrifice for sins they committed. Jesus did away with that, he was the last blood sacrifice, once and for all.
No more carrying a goat, lamb, calf, or doves to the temple once you accepted Jesus as your savior. Now all you have to do is ask for forgiveness for those sins and they are. But you may have to suffer consequences from them, or you may not. My experience is most times you do, there not nearly as bad if I hadn't asked for forgiveness, or not always seen by others, but they have been there.

Now for the lyrics that Hoon sang that could be seen as blasphemy , If you look at who he was talking about, a preacher or God. IMO if he was talking about God yes he did. If he was talking about a true believing preachers he did, because a true believing preachers are compassionate and really care about people, and both are tied to the Holly Spirit. To damn either one is blasphemy.

Now if he was talking about Money preachers, those that don't care and are only in it for the money,or fire and brimstone preachers those that think God hasn't changed the way he deals with people and twist Gods words to make you think you have to tow the line like a brain dead automaton no he didn't.

That's something he and only God knows.

He as well as so many other artists..dead. Another graven image.There are some who would ascribe to this notion.

Do you even understand what a graven image is? A Graven image is of a God that you worship. Do you worship Hoon? Or any artist? I wouldn't be hanging around people that ascribe to that kind notion, Worshiping any artist, that's fairly close to cultism.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

You implying that God killed those artist? the human body is fragile and made to break down.

Nope. Implying that according to the fable which is christianity, Its totally possible that god killed Shannon Hoon for all the things I mentioned, but that John Kay wasn't actually one of gods 'called', he was just as much a hades bound sin puppy as Hoon.(but a target) God had a use for Kay though. God doesn't seem to care what instrument of death 'he' employs..like I said..job gets done.Im adressing two elements of radical fundamentalism in Christianity that are the possible seeds of violent extremism.
edit on 9-12-2021 by didntasktobeborned because: yea

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

No, god prefers to kill innocent women, children and babies.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Well then.....I guess you are far from being innocent.

You are still alive.

originally posted by: Kreeate

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

No, god prefers to kill innocent women, children and babies.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Do you even understand what a graven image is?

A graven image the way I understand Christian lore is anything depicting something dead. A photograph or music track fits this description because they are dead moments. A moment in time is alive..And IS god. To pay reflection to a dead moment unless you are thanking god for it makes it idol worship/graven image. He is jealous.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 04:58 PM
link   

A graven image the way I understand Christian lore is anything depicting something dead. A photograph or music track fits this description because they are dead moments. A moment in time is alive..And IS god. To pay reflection to a dead moment unless you are thanking god for it makes it idol worship/graven image. He is jealous.

Don't know where that comes from, here is Gods words on graven image. Two different translation.

Exodus 20:4-5 King James Version
4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. 5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Exodus 20:4-5 New American Standard Bible
4 “You shall not make for yourself [a]an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath, or in the water under the earth. 5 You shall not worship them nor serve them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, inflicting the punishment of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me,

and Idol and Graven Image

idol [ˈīdl] NOUN
an image or representation of a god used as an object of worship. synonyms: icon · god · image · likeness · fetish · totem · statue · figure · figurine · doll · carving · graven image · false god · effigy · golden calf
a person or thing that is greatly admired, loved, or revered.

graven image [graven image] NOUN
a carved idol or representation of a god used as an object of worship.

Did you see anything in either one of those that says anything about something dead.

Now I suppose if you wanted to get picky you could imply that something dead could be included but that would be disingenuous, seeing how it would still be a Idol/ Graven image of a or for a God. Which falls with in a cult definition.

Also you said,

He as well as so many other artists..dead. Another graven image.

Seems to me by killing them by your line of thinking, he makes them marytrs for those that would worship themand their art.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Conspiracy. A secret plan by a group to do something harmful.

Song 'The Pusher' by Steppenwolf. Its a song that came out when the heroin came back from Viet Nam. It deals with hard drugs being 'pushed' on the people.

Most important lyric for the conspiracy.

If I was the president of this great land
Id declare total war
On the pusher man.
Id cut him if he stands
Id shoot him if he run
Yea, Id kill him with my Bible, My razor and my gun.
And I said Gdam, Gdam that pusher man.

Twenty something years later along comes Blind Melon. Shannon decides to do a remake of Steppenwolfs Pusher.
Titled the same. (this is important)
Used the same melody, completely different theme. Uses some of same lyrics..

You know Ive smoked a lot of grass, and Ive popped a lot of pills (this lyric is in the original)
But I've never done nothin that my spirit couldn't kill
And I walk around with these tombstones in my eyes (originally street slang how for junkies eyes look)
But the pusher don't care if you live or if you die
And I said Gdam, Gdam that BIBLE pushing man.

So Blind melons was a response to Steppenwolf.
Basically saying its not the heroin, its your religion that's the drug. Which is worse? Ill take the heroin.
And he died. Of a speedball if memory serves, heroin and coc aine in a shot.

The God of the Abrahamic faiths is vengeful according to text. We could site example after example where God became wrathful and unleashed his fury on those who didn't follow him or who mistreated his people.

Blind melon was a fairly popular band.(who I liked very much)
Same goes for Steppenwolf. Still enjoy both bands.

Both bands were influencers in their time..and continue to be. (by way of royalties)
So if one ascribes to the Christian faith its only logical that God killed Blind melon for blasphemy, being a dark preacher of the Anti-Christ, and for mocking one of his 'called'.

Instead of covering the entire earth with his love, which 'he' is capable. Right? His will, not mine and all that.
There are certainly those who would in certain crowds say "Durn right My God killed yr little hippy buddy, and I hope he kills a thousand more!" Though I don't expect to hear from any of them as they are cowards. (in advance), But what better mentality for a group of people to have, so that they're more easily controlled and 'fired' at the enemy?

I considered the band and the music my 'buddies', as they brought me peace at times.

So who is controlling and what is the plan? Identites are concealed, but the plan is capitalism and industry.

Am I conceding to the existence of Your God and that it killed my friends? No, but I think 'You' should own your junk if you're here. Claim your victory.

my god isn't satan.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Did you see anything in either one of those that says anything about something dead.

God is a living god, any other 'god' is a representation of a dead thing. Thus making it a graven image or an idol..even according to your scripture. Read it again, the scripture that is.
Knowledge puffeth one up, But Wisdom is knowledge of things that are 'holy'. So when you re-read it, seek god as you do, maybe fast a little, ask for wisdom and trust the answer.
Simply another form of meditation to realize oneself, up to you wether or not you trust yourself or 'god'. Non Abrahamic faiths use similar meditation devices. Such as the steps to Zen. Its all science of the mind and body, but the abrahamic faiths seem to corrupt this science by forcing one to give God the credit. Which I feel limits the practitioner and keeps them from the highest enlightenment. Im not a servant to anyone but my family and the people around me. Not even a God. And if it all ends up being true and I get to the pearly gates and a booming voice asks me "Why"? Ill say "Because it was your will, now do what thou must." But according to the scriptures he won't ask..Ha, because Ill be bathed in my own shame and know the truth MYSELF…its the same thing..That god requires me to die to know myself. I refuse.

But the point of the thread is that its cool if Your god killed my pals, makes you not accountable. And not necessarily violent or extreme. Freedom of religion and all. Of and from are interchangeable.

It doesn't really matter what road you take to get to your truth, unless of course it infringes on someone else getting to theirs.

The King James is chocked full of sound philosophy.
edit on 9-12-2021 by didntasktobeborned because: oh man

edit on 9-12-2021 by didntasktobeborned because: ok

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 07:44 PM
link   

kind of the point. So you get it. Now help. Who is the pusher?

OBVIOUS 101
The Pushers Are
Hollywood, Media, Fake 'News', music Industry, Foreign lobby . . .

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 07:57 PM
link   

There you go being disingenuous again, of course believers both Jews and Christians believe that God is the true living God.
What he meant was a commandment /warning for those that weren't or Jews or believers in of the Messiah would be lead astray to cults that worshiped other Gods that they thought they were living Gods.

Like the Israelites / Prophets of Baal in 1st Kings during Ahabs reign who Elijah mocked and showed them their God wasn't.

As far as I know no one else claims dead musicians and there music are graven images /idols but you.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 08:02 PM
link   

As far as I know no one else claims dead musicians and there music are graven images /idols but you.

I didn't. I brought up the possibility that according to the fundamentals of christian folklore these things could be considered idolatry/graven images..Wonder what the Amish would think?

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I got to tell, if all you meant was the possibility the tone of your in this thread doesn't match that. First you claim ,well i should say you said ascribe that if one is a Christian God Killed him is logical,

Your words

So if one ascribes to the Christian faith its only logical that God killed Blind melon for blasphemy, being a dark preacher of the Anti-Christ, and for mocking one of his 'called'.

then you implied again should say those that ascribed he killed him because he was a graven image,idol as a God of non believers in the eyes of Christians and Jews.

again your words,

Job got done. He as well as so many other artists..dead. Another graven image.There are some who would ascribe to this notion.

And as I said you have been disingenuous from the get go, pretending that you didn't know that that was about a what non Christians Jews did for their Gods using just a little bit of truth to cover your true beliefs and feelings.

Another thing, during my time living as a hellion or what some call a Carnal Christian, people that talked and expressed knowledge of Gods Word the way you do, usually were Christian at one point and got butt hurt because they prayed and asked for something and God said no or said yes but it didn't turn out the way they wanted. What happened to you?

As for the Amish, their not the fire and brimstone fundamentalist people make them out to be, some have friends who are not amish or even Christian, some use technology to a certain extent, some work in non Amish business and interact in non religious activies, hell some even listen to pop and country music. There are other things the Amish do that the world does that people aren't aware of.

Here's something many don't know, They even let their youngins have free will/ choice when they turn 16 and turn them lose on the world, the practice is called Rumspringa, and for most if not all it's about sex, drugs and rock and roll.
The hope is they'll find the the outside life distasteful and return home to their family and church, most do others don't but they are disowned. they might be shunned in hopes they'll repent but if not they are disowned.

Here is a good NPR article on the practice.

Rumspringa: Amish Teens Venture into Modern Vices

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Stupidity...
Don’t do harmful drugs
It’s not rocket surgery

Stupidity. Cant abide

Dont do harmful drugs. One could also say Don't follow a desert fable to the demise of oneself and everything one cares for.

Its not rocket surgery. For some.

Sorry
How does following that desert fable equate with recreational drugs, drugs = demise, Jesus taught love
Please explain

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Do you even understand what a graven image is?

Just wow
You sound like a crazy fundamentalist
Seems you are equating ancient religious beliefs with contemporary lifestyles
Graven images, what people worship.
I have photos, music and other things and I don’t worship any of it

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join