It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your God killed My Buddies

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Conspiracy. A secret plan by a group to do something harmful.

Song 'The Pusher' by Steppenwolf. Its a song that came out when the heroin came back from Viet Nam. It deals with hard drugs being 'pushed' on the people.

Most important lyric for the conspiracy.

If I was the president of this great land
Id declare total war
On the pusher man.
Id cut him if he stands
Id shoot him if he run
Yea, Id kill him with my Bible, My razor and my gun.
And I said Gdam, Gdam that pusher man.

Twenty something years later along comes Blind Melon. Shannon decides to do a remake of Steppenwolfs Pusher.
Titled the same. (this is important)
Used the same melody, completely different theme. Uses some of same lyrics..

You know Ive smoked a lot of grass, and Ive popped a lot of pills (this lyric is in the original)
But I've never done nothin that my spirit couldn't kill
And I walk around with these tombstones in my eyes (originally street slang how for junkies eyes look)
But the pusher don't care if you live or if you die
And I said Gdam, Gdam that BIBLE pushing man.

So Blind melons was a response to Steppenwolf.
Basically saying its not the heroin, its your religion that's the drug. Which is worse? Ill take the heroin.
And he died. Of a speedball if memory serves, heroin and coc aine in a shot.

The God of the Abrahamic faiths is vengeful according to text. We could site example after example where God became wrathful and unleashed his fury on those who didn't follow him or who mistreated his people.

Blind melon was a fairly popular band.(who I liked very much)
Same goes for Steppenwolf. Still enjoy both bands.

Both bands were influencers in their time..and continue to be. (by way of royalties)
So if one ascribes to the Christian faith its only logical that God killed Blind melon for blasphemy, being a dark preacher of the Anti-Christ, and for mocking one of his 'called'.

Instead of covering the entire earth with his love, which 'he' is capable. Right? His will, not mine and all that.
There are certainly those who would in certain crowds say "Durn right My God killed yr little hippy buddy, and I hope he kills a thousand more!" Though I don't expect to hear from any of them as they are cowards. (in advance), But what better mentality for a group of people to have, so that they're more easily controlled and 'fired' at the enemy?

I considered the band and the music my 'buddies', as they brought me peace at times.

So who is controlling and what is the plan? Identites are concealed, but the plan is capitalism and industry.

Am I conceding to the existence of Your God and that it killed my friends? No, but I think 'You' should own your junk if you're here. Claim your victory.

edit on 9-12-2021 by didntasktobeborned because: hmm...

edit on 9-12-2021 by didntasktobeborned because: oh

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: didntasktobebornedI recall that The Pusher got a lot of flack from people because it even dared to mention drugs. Many never understood it was against the pusher and not for the pusher.

What a band. They lasted only four years but were central to the more hard core rock at the time.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: didntasktobeborned

Do you not see the hypocrisy as you pen this trite
This site is going backwards surely

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   

God damn the politicians

edit on 9-12-2021 by Randyvine2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Thats kind of the point. So you get it. Now help. Who is the pusher?

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: didntasktobeborned

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Thats kind of the point. So you get it. Now help. Who is the pusher?

Stupidity...
Don’t do harmful drugs
It’s not rocket surgery

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I got to see them bout 15 years ago..pretty sure they still play. It was a cool party, one of the coolest..I remember John Kay saying that before we knew it we were al going to bi in one giant commercial…It was pretty great. My dad used to sing me 'snow-blind friend' when I was a kid.a reply to: TerryMcGuire

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   

It really is none of anyones business who god wants to damn, but I noticed some extremists tend to cheer on the death of other human beings if they are perceived as an enemy to their ideology...

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Refined sugar... anyone?

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: Raggedyman

Refined sugar... anyone?

Diet cola, you?

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: didntasktobebornedThat must have been a reunited band if it was only fifteen years ago. Still though with Kay at the helm it must have been pretty well reminiscent of the original sound. I never got to see the original band though I saw a lot of other bands in that era.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   
They were at an ampetheatre outside down in a holler in the ozark mountains. Im not going to be any more specific. Anyway..where I was sitting, the four seats in front of me was the awesomest part..The two in the middle were empty, and on both ends was a lady, and both were the same age as the music, and when they were dancing in their fashion it created the perfect frame for the show..many scooters there..(and not Vespas)To get to the place you couldnt go over thirty five miles an hour for about 30 miles because of the hills. a reply to: TerryMcGuire

edit on 9-12-2021 by didntasktobeborned because: el contento

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Please
Like Hoon wasn't a Junkie Drug Addict and died from it.
God didn't kill him, he did it to himself.
God gives people freewill and the ability to choose, Hoon chose poorly.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Well, to answer the question he just might have. The reason is this. Put simply as possible back in the first century AD the first century Jews in killing John the Baptist condemned this world to a 2000 year top level Leviticus 26 curse. And this is a bad one. Israel was destroyed and the Jews were scattered to the world. Along with the residue Israelites from 500 and some years earlier.

By now these Jews and Israelites have assimilated to the point of being just about everywhere. So here is the real truth of the matter.

God can be considered to be 2 beings actually. The "Holy Ghost" part of this not withstanding. Jehovah or the Ancient of Days and the Word, Son of Man, Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is the sane one. He wants to help you. Be your friend and all that. And if you're a good Christian he will do his best to protect you from the Psychopath. BUT...

According to the curse the Ancient of Days is officially a MURDEROUS BIPOLAR PSYCHOPATH who really wants you dead!

As far as he is concerned he sees the people of the world as Criminals and Lawbreakers in open rebellion who are subject to his old covenant of Leviticus 26. If you're not a good Christian or at least making a effort at trying to be a good person you're wide open at having him take you out.

Hosea 13

4Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.
5I did know thee in the wilderness, in the land of great drought.
6According to their pasture, so were they filled; they were filled, and their heart was exalted; therefore have they forgotten me.
7Therefore I will be unto them as a lion: as a leopard by the way will I observe them:
8I will meet them as a bear that is bereaved of her whelps, and will rend the caul of their heart, and there will I devour them like a lion: the wild beast shall tear them.
9O Israel, thou hast destroyed thyself; but in me is thine help.
10I will be thy king: where is any other that may save thee in all thy cities? and thy judges of whom thou saidst, Give me a king and princes?
11I gave thee a king in mine anger, and took him away in my wrath.

12The iniquity of Ephraim is bound up; his sin is hid.
13The sorrows of a travailing woman shall come upon him: he is an unwise son; for he should not stay long in the place of the breaking forth of children.
14I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes.
15Though he be fruitful among his brethren, an east wind shall come, the wind of the LORD shall come up from the wilderness, and his spring shall become dry, and his fountain shall be dried up: he shall spoil the treasure of all pleasant vessels.
16Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.

edit on 9-12-2021 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Stupidity...
Don’t do harmful drugs
It’s not rocket surgery

Stupidity. Cant abide

Dont do harmful drugs. One could also say Don't follow a desert fable to the demise of oneself and everything one cares for.

Its not rocket surgery. For some.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   
How refreshing. An open mind. If I was Dioginees right now I would partake much of the grape and 'recycle' it onto my lamp. Thank You.a reply to: ntech

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   

That sounds like a lovely evening for sure. My last out door show as at Altamont with all the bands and the Stones, and the Hell's Angels back in 69 I think it was. That was definitely NOT a lovely day.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

It really is none of anyones business who god wants to damn(

Thanks for the comment and allowing me to possibly take it out of context.
The quote represents faith, correct? The substance of which, IF materialized could be used to vaporize a mountain. Pretty cool. But at the expense of damned souls? That is of course if they didn't repent at the moment of their death. See, God has to give everyone that chance because of Christs sacrifice, which made God be able to understand what being human was like. Jesus is our advocate, and an addition to the fable in order to catch more flies with honey, because the bondage of the old law had quit making money.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

My moms hair lit on fire everytime I played that song. She never made it to “pusher” because of the G-D that came before.

That song did more to keep me off hard drugs than anything else ever said to me. It sounded to me like he knew, it was real, not preachy. Thank you, John Kay, wherever you are.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TomCollin

Please
Like Hoon wasn't a Junkie Drug Addict and died from it.
God didn't kill him, he did it to himself.
God gives people freewill and the ability to choose, Hoon chose poorly.

edit on 9-12-2021 by didntasktobeborned because: hmmm

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join