It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What’s right with putting freaking lasers on vacuum cleaners.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 05:19 AM
link   
God I hate James dyson peddling his over priced junk plastique crap now with lasers.

How do people buy into his crap products.

I had a Dyson vacuum it really sucked in the lateral sense. I don’t understand how people pay 1000 dollars for ten dollars worth of plastique.

I bought a proper more versatile machine a true legend, a Kirby.

Far more versatile than a Dyson, to do what a Kirby does i would need about 3 different Dyson to do what the Kirby can do.

This Dyson dude is a great marketer.

m.youtube.com...

This video contains fowl language, though breaks down a Dyson to show how crap they are.

m.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

Ahhh James Dyson a bit of a scumbag whom is lauded as a great inventor a little like Edison was, Edison though very similar was a genuine inventor in his own right though he later had other inventors working for him and patented there inventions under his own name.

Similarly Dyson has lots of other inventors working under him and takes a huge cut from there inventions (But the other way of looking at it which is only fair is that he helps them get them to market so maybe he is not all bad).

The Difference is that Dyson never actually really invented anything, he took the work and ideas of Viktor Schauberger and made it into a vacuum cleaner.

Dyson also would have been nothing but a B grade entrepreneur whom had one good idea (Borrowed from another inventor) and was only successful due to the loyalty of his hard working British workforce whom put in overtime to make there company a success and worked long hard hours only for him to then close down the factor where they worked and move his operation to Asia.

But of course he still got given a Title despite taking his money OUT of the UK and ditching his workforce leaving them unemployed.

Bit of a scum bag in my opinion and an ungrateful one at that.

edit on 9-12-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 05:39 AM
link   

AvE !!!

I watch this guy all the time.

We have hardwood floors and I told my wife we don't need a fancy, overpriced vacuum and we just got a $60 shopvac. Out performs a Dyson any day of the week and a lot more versatile.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I read after brexit, as he won’t receive tax concessions from the eu, he has moved his research and development to Singapore of somewhere else in Asia.

As you say he is like an older version of Elon’s musk, Takes the glory for other ripples talents, and claims patents.

i always saw Dyson as a snake oil salesman. Thd technology of the cone to seperate air from debris, has been used for well before he used the tech, and claimed it was his creation.

Woodmills have used the tech for at least 5@ years. Nothing new.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Boltr is brilliant, love all his teardowns, knows his stuff.

Really good educator.

I use my old Kirby to blow up the inflatable pool, I don’t think any Dyson has a blower function.

It’s

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

That is why dyson products don't come with a scum bag, he's their boss.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 06:39 AM
link   

This guy is awesome I watch him too, learned a lot from him betwixt the BOLTR and other dckery. The DYSON reviews kept me from buying the jobber.

Keep you d in a vice

edit on 9.12.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: robsmith

Boltr is brilliant, love all his teardowns, knows his stuff.

Really good educator.

I use my old Kirby to blow up the inflatable pool, I don’t think any Dyson has a blower function.

It’s

That's uncle bumbled*** to his friends from the great white north of canadia...chooch , bobs your uncle and what not with the wall pixies.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Got a vacuum that will suck the chrome off a trailer hitch, and a golfball through a garden hose!

Been waiting for a post to use that!

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
www.bumblef ckerytoenglish.com

insert the u

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Which model did you get. I've been shopping around, doing my own due diligence, trying to find a good vacuum cleaner that won't break within 2 years.

The Kirbys look good, and they're great versatile and powerful machines, but they're heavy! And, they need their own closet for all those attachments!

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 09:01 AM
link   

My wife loves her Kirby.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 09:29 AM
link   
We love our kirby too, yes a lot of attachments, but i havent found a vacuum that can pick up next to walls like my kirby! And the light on the front....just basics that most vacuums dont have anymore.

Why get rid of the light....dont u wanna see the dang dirt you are trying to pick up?!?!?!
Looked on ebay for the one i have, 700$$$!!!!!!!!!
Holy moley!
Havent decided if i want to sell it or keep it, its such a great vacuum

www.ebay.com...

a reply to: DBCowboy

edit on 12/9/2021 by neomaximus10 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/9/2021 by neomaximus10 because: Added link

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Yeah, a Dyson can't paint my walls, run a sander nor can it be used as an electric blower on my car. But a Dyson shows my neighbors I'm a worthy member of society when I vacuum my lawn.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: robsmith

Far more versatile than a Dyson, to do what a Kirby does i would need about 3 different Dyson to do what the Kirby can do.

Well Kirby vacuums are by far the best vacuum ever made by anyone. They do everything. But at the same time, you have no leg to stand on to complain about costs of vaccums if you own a Kirby or want a Kirby. A Kirby vacuum is double to triple the cost of the most expensive Dyson. It will last more than triple the time, probably never break, and does way more, but it is one hell of an expensive machine.

You get what you pay for. I grew up with Kirby vacuums, but my house is mainly hardwood floor, and my wife wanted a Dyson which is lighter going up and down the steps I keep carpeted in case my kids fall down them. If I had carpets in my living room and dining room I would definitely have a Kirby.

That also means I would have to haver a salesperson come, where they will then charge whatever the maximum they think you will pay is. Thats the downside of Kirby. Have to go through sales people. Cant just buy one. You schedule a demo, and cant get a strait answer on a price no matter how much you ask. Only the most experienced sales people who know how to talk you into all the extra accessories will come out for that demo to sell you more than you need. They can sell it all to you for $1000, but will charge you $3500 if you are a sucker.

I know this for a FACT. When I was younger I worked as a door to door salesman, and I almost went and sold Kirbys. I know a lot of people who actually did, and some made a lot of cash. A buddy of mine put some concrete blocks through the manager's vehicle back in 2003 because of their screwed up commission structure setup to screw new people, and my buddy wasn't too smart.

Its all a scam or a hustle, depending on how you look at it. If you buy a Kirby, buy it used. They dont break and you can buy the parts from suppliers, unlike the vacuum itself.
edit on 9-12-2021 by TrollMagnet because:

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   
If you don't know Mr Dyson is like Mr Gates, he's been buying up farming land like no mans business. Dyson is now one of the largest farming landowners in the UK. WHY?????

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I could use that laser to zap the Grandaddy Longlegs on the run! Good times!

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   
My kirby is at least 20 years old, still going strong, easy to take apart and clean

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha
If you are looking for one the ultimate g are the first generation with tech drive, makes it slit easier.to vacuum carpets as thd thech drive helps propel it.

The earlier heritage dong have tech drive though take a bit of effort to vacuum.

Plus the ultimate g base unit is compatible with later accessories like the carpet cleaner etc.

They are reasonably priced on eBay.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: billxam

Funny you mention the sander, with kids sometimes I have to drywall repairs, the sander and dust shroud are awesome.

I use mine to blow leaves, as I don’t have a leaf blower.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join