It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Truth challenge

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 05:35 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

The number of Americans fully vaccinated against COVID-19 reached 200 million Wednesday amid a dispiriting holiday-season spike in cases and hospitalizations that has hit even New England, one of the most highly inoculated corners of the country.

New cases in the U.S. climbed from an average of nearly 95,000 a day on Nov. 22 to almost 119,000 a day this week, and hospitalizations are up 25% from a month ago. The increases are due almost entirely to the delta variant, though the omicron mutation has been detected in about 20 states and is sure to spread even more.

www.foxnews.com...

So I read through the article and the closest I saw explaining who was making up this group, vaxed or unvaxed, was this

The virus is preying on those who haven't gotten their shots: As of Tuesday, 90% of the COVID-19 patients in intensive care were unvaccinated.

So the challenge. Find the data, and report it no matter what it says. If it's all unvaxxed, then it is. If it's mostly one or the other, then it is. But we need reality, no more bullsh!t, and I mean that from my side, your side, the middle, all of it. Facts not feelz. Let the chips fall where they lay.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

This is why definitions are critically important and why changing them is problematic.

Well, unless you're the one doing the altering.

What is vaccinated?

1 shot? 2? Booster?

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Just anecdotal, but the majority of cases I've seen have been non-smoking unvaccinated.

Thought I'd throw that little nugget out there.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Wow. Where are people getting tested .
Sister in law works hospital, no new cases for A LONG TIME .

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Just anecdotal, but the majority of cases I've seen have been non-smoking unvaccinated.

Do you think there is enough data to do a study on the smoking aspect of this? I hear it alot from those in the know. Not so much in the news.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

This is why definitions are critically important and why changing them is problematic.

Well, unless you're the one doing the altering.

What is vaccinated?

1 shot? 2? Booster?

there is also:

90% of the COVID-19 patients in intensive care

is that 90% there for covid, or with a positive test? And how many people are actually in intensive care? The data may not clear that part up. Too much wiggle room in all this.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I live in new England, and I have yet to see any of this data. I've been in and out of the hospital all year due to unrelated circumstances. Including a week intubated last January.

They're less busy than I've ever seen.
I have to get a ronies test every time I go in there, but "vaccinated" people do not, even though they catch and spread just as readily.

Here's the thing though- if "vaccinated" people don't need to get tested, wouldn't the testing results skew heavily showing "unvaccinated" to be "infected" much more often? Especially when the boogyman virus hardly even gives you the sniffles?

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I'm sure there is, but it won't be discussed.

Ever.

The director of Respiratory Therapy once told me in confidence to NOT stop smoking since I'm one of the evil unvaccinated.

Apparently Covid attacks the aveoli in the lungs and the tar, nicotine, assorted garbage I daily suck into my body coats the linings of my lungs so well that Covid cannot attach and do damage.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   

When me and my wife had it me being a ex smoker and her never smoking I was able to keep my lungs clear after about a week she just couldent cough anymore

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Appr. a third of all Covid cases in intensive care are vaccinated, no idea why it should be different on your side of the pond. Guess your sauce is full of it, makes you wonder who still wastes time with Foxy-TV, doesn't it? And why... why oh why!

Oh, wait! YOU?!?

edit on 8-12-2021 by Spartakush because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Whoda thunk nicotine was GOOD for you?

edit on 8-12-2021 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Ever.

The director of Respiratory Therapy once told me in confidence to NOT stop smoking since I'm one of the evil unvaccinated.

Apparently Covid attacks the aveoli in the lungs and the tar, nicotine, assorted garbage I daily suck into my body coats the linings of my lungs so well that Covid cannot attach and do damage.

One of a lot of studies about nicotine and Covid here... Linky

Based on epidemiological data and experimental data from scientific literature, our team hypothesize that nicotine could inhibit the penetration and propagation of SARS-CoV2.

Our team also claim that nicotine could attenuate the hyperinflammatory response and cytokine storm leading to acute respiratory failure and a probable multi-organ failure associated with COVID19.

That all started in France, where they found this...

The French study, published in April, found that the people who smoke are 80 per cent less likely to catch Covid-19 than non-smokers of the same age and sex.

There was a study of the statistics in the original Wuhan contagion in China that found smokers were 20% of the total number of infected.

The list goes on... a proper internet search will yield a lot of info about it.

edit on 000000012America/Chicago12pmWed, 08 Dec 2021 19:40:44 -060040 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

HAHA!

Take that, all you now dead doctors* who told me I was going to die if I didn't quit smoking!

*So far, every doctor who has told me that is dead and I'm not. I now beg doctors to not tell me I will die if I don't stop smoking, because I am tired of watching doctors die and I don't want to live forever waiting on the stubborn ones.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 08:10 PM
link   

nicotine is a pretty good poison. i talked with a chinese medicine doctor about smoking and he agrees with me.

smoking kills a lot of different things why not a virus?

i don't think anything is gonna get through the build up from smoking, in my respiratory track.

have they tried to use nicotine or shingrix?

might be ok for a natural virus but a gain of function one might be problematic to treat.

i knew i should have got my pHD in medicine instead of women's studies.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
yeah i just said that too.

smoking is the only thing keeping me alive.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Ever.

So I should start smoking weed again?
IRIE MON💥
edit on 8-12-2021 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 09:02 PM
link   
What is truth?

What are facts?

I've mentioned before that this is a problem.

MOST of what people read and hear is OPINION. OPINION is not fact.

People seem to have this difficult time telling facts and opinion apart. If you want facts it requires you to do more than accept the BS thrown at you on a daily basis. You need to delve a little deeper to see if what you are being told can be backed up with a little thing called EVIDENCE. Or as I like to call them, facts.

So this is where we are now. Facts and truth don't matter in the least. All that matters is how, as an emotional thinker, you pick and choose opinions you agree with, and lay them down in your mind as facts.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 09:06 PM
link   
In regards to the question about smokers:
Smoking greatly increases the risk of COVID-19 mortality and morbidity in young adults - Journal of Adolescent Health (data from 2020 before vaccines)

Significantly more former smokers were hospitalized and died from COVID-19 than current or never smokers. This effect is mediated via age and comorbidities in former smokers.

Puebla Neira, Daniel et al. “Smoking and risk of COVID-19 hospitalization.” Respiratory medicine vol. 182 (2021): 106414. doi:10.1016/j.rmed.2021.106414

source

That said, I also found the same articles as Luminari did, indicating that it's less common in smokers and nobody is sure why. I think the take away here is that it's less common BUT when it hits, the impact is worse.

(edited to add my personal suspicion that the reason rates can be lower is that a smoker's lungs have quite a bit of tar in them which means it takes a higher viral load to get through the tar. However, even if that's right, I am not going to take up smoking. )

edit on 8-12-2021 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 10:44 PM
link   

edit on Wed Dec 8 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 10:59 PM
link   

That's about the 10th time i saw someone with first hand knowledge specify non smoking.

Is this significant?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join