It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A hypothesis regarding the mark of the beast

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive
Once again, John was not being shown misty pictures of a physical reality.
He was being shown a series of symbols and symbolic events. That's why all interpretations based on the "misunderstood picture" theme break down.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Why do you keep saying “misty pictures”?
Regardless of symbols or symbolic events, If you do not fully understand what you have been shown, even if it’s in high definition, you would write it down the best of your understanding.

Have you ever heard of lost in translation? Do you know a symbol for such?

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
a reply to: chr0naut

Never said there was a mark. The laser on the skin would appear as one.
If you were to see this action thousands of years ago you might think what you witnessed was a mark if you only seen the laser pointer.

And that dot represents the number of the name of the Beast?

I think if you read the whole thing literally, you cannot make such speculative 'stretches'.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 02:01 PM
link   

It would suck finding out that the vaccine was the mark when many of you already took it.
I wouldn’t want to hear it either.

Thank God it’s only a hypothetical, amirite?

It is clear from the text that the mark represents the person of "the Beast", who appears to place themselves as substitute for God. Acceptance of the mark means that they ally themselves with that person.

The COVID-19 vaccines don't leave a mark, aren't in the forehead or right hand, and they aren't representative of a person.

So...?

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Why do you keep saying “misty pictures”?

Because you keep talking in terms of John being shown physical realities like "laser being shone on skin" and misunderstanding what he sees. I am pointing out that there were no "physical reality" pictures to be misunderstood in this way. That isn't the way prophecy works.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I never said anyone was shown physical anything, you did. I put up the scripture and then two pictures. You did the rest.

So much has been lost in translation but I forget people like yourself was there when it was written.

edit on 9-12-2021 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

It would suck finding out that the vaccine was the mark when many of you already took it.

It is clear from the text that the mark represents the person of "the Beast", who appears to place themselves as substitute for God. Acceptance of the mark means that they ally themselves with that person.

The COVID-19 vaccines don't leave a mark, aren't in the forehead or right hand, and they aren't representative of a person.

So...?

So you got the jab and you don’t like me calling it the mark.
Something that’s mandated around the world without religious exemptions isn’t a substitute for God?

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I never said anyone was shown physical anything, you did. I put up the scripture and then two pictures. You did the rest.

So much has been lost in translation but I forget people like yourself was there when it was written.

I refer to the words

A thousand years ago a laser seen on the skin might be interpreted as a character, or the name of the beast if you really weren't sure what you have been shown.

In other words, the very clear suggestion that John was shown the act of someone shining a laser on the skin.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

So...?

So you got the jab and you don’t like me calling it the mark.
Something that’s mandated around the world without religious exemptions isn’t a substitute for God?

Seat belts and drivers licenses are mandated around the world without religious exemptions. Do you think they are a substitute for God?

They also don't fit what is described in Revelation 13.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Jesus didn't write anything, and it all about what he and she said about Jesus, so other words, gossip.

There is no specific details about what the mark is though, let alone what the image of the beast that is forcibly worshipped. It is hinted by the author that 666 and wounded beast or head is Nero/Niro, one of the Caesars.

It definitely generic for the most, while Revelations is cryptic and allegorical. Can't be something as convenient and bad as a majority voting a popular person, instead skilled or useful one in charge. Or Oilarchy an Demogogery rising back from the grave.

The only prophecies, if they had any merit worth considering Daniel's vision, and those are said to be the O.T, but aren't or weren't add to the Torah...which is said to be the O.T.

And hate to be blunt, but it not like they predicted a Nazi uniform which had a fancy hat with symbol right, while they seemed to wear their band on their left.

There also this:
Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up," John 3:14
edit on 9-12-2021 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2021 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Avardan

on ash wednesdays,... the Christians recieve a cross on their foreheads,
made from the ashes of last years palm reeds, mixed with holy oil
and the magical Crism,
we are instructed to not wash it off

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: cappie
A tradition made by Men not Jesus himself.

The Ashes also represent penitence and we were originally to wear sackcloth.

It is just a tradition, one you may like or not and it is one held by many Christian church's.

The palms of course represent our lords entry into Jerusalem.

And the oil, NOT MAGICAL but blessed to God is a form of anointing that goes back not only to our Lord when he walked among us but right back into the old testament, even Jacob took the little precious oil he had and anointed the rock he had used as a pillow in the desert to sanctify it to God as an offering.

Here in this video about the remains of a first century (Jewish Christian - followers of the WAY) church in Jerusalem an artefact is shown, a small bottle with the earliest known symbol representing Christ a fish and a menorah with the fish tail and the menorah triangular base entwined to form a seal of Solomon or star of David if you prefer, the writing on the side of the bottle in ancient script says for the anointing of the spirit.

5:14 to 5:45 if you don't want to watch the whole video.
www.pray4zion.org...

edit on 9-12-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I hope someone will see my message and open a thread as I can't open threads on ATS yet, the UN unveiled the statue of the Beast of Revelations, a Beast with leopard body, feet of bear, and mouth of lion, they seem to add owl wings(symbol of Minerva/Athena) to it as well, I will put a link of the picture 🙏🏻

pbs.twimg.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join