It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A hypothesis regarding the mark of the beast

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Good morning ATS!

I had some insight into the dreaded "mark of the beast" earlier this morning as I was sipping my coffee. I am a Reader in the Russian Orthodox church, though that confers absolutely no legitimacy to what I am about to suggest regarding The Mark. I take my references from the oldest english translation of the Bible, the Douay-Rhiems even though it is not the official translation of the Orthodox Church - I believe it is the truest translation. All disclaimers are now in the open - onwards to the subject.

My hypothesis: The Mark of the beast is on the right hand. The Mark of God is on the forehead.

We begin our short journey with the all-too-familiar quote from The Apocalypse 13:16-17 (aka Revelations):

And he shall make all, both little and great, rich and poor, freemen and bondmen, to have a character in their right hand, or on their foreheads. [17] And that no man might buy or sell, but he that hath the character, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Then we go back in time to Ezechiel 9:4

And the Lord said to him: Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem: and mark Thau upon the foreheads of the men that sigh, and mourn for all the abominations that are committed in the midst thereof.

The context of this passage is Ezechiel being shown a vision. A man dressed in linen (interpreted by the Holy Fathers as Jesus Christ - the only being worthy to make His Mark), marks those who "sigh", meaning those who do not agree with what is happening in the city but are powerless to stop it, on their foreheads with the symbol "tau", the Greek letter for t, which can be interpreted as a symbol for the Cross. Avenging angels are then ordered to kill everybody that does not have this mark.

Back to the first passage from the Apocalypse. It states very specifically: to have a character on their right hand OR their foreheads. It does NOT specify that the mark of the beast is both.

Of course, how crazy would it look to have a mark on the forehead? Unless it is written with the Divine ink from our Lord, God and Savior Jesus Christ who has claimed his own flock, visible only to Divine beings; whereas the mark of the beast is on the hand clearly visible to humans to conduct commerce.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   
It's never about the message, it's always about the interpretation.

That being said, there won't be any "marks of the beast" for quite some time.

I have it on good authority, our world is about to change, but not into the hands of evil.

Even science will be listening to God, soon enough.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Avardan
There is another OT passage that should be noted. Deuteronomy says (more than once, so I'll quote the first one I find) about the Lord's own words; "bind them as a sign upon your hand and they shall be as frontlets before your eyes" (Deuteronomy ch11 v18). And he goes on to talk about "doorposts of your house" etc.
It seems to me that the Revelation ch13 mark has to be the counterpart of the one in Deuteronomy. The older one indicates being committed to God's law, the new one indicates being committed to the opposite of God's law. "Lawlessness."

Now I'm convinced that the Deuteronomy instructions to inscribe in different places were never meant to be taken too literallly. They were ways of emphasising the words at the beginning of v18; "Lay up these words in your heart and in your soul". The Revelation equivalent of God's mark is the "sealing" in ch7, which does echo the Ezekiel sealing.
However, the Revelation mark can't be entirely metaphorical, because other people have to be able to detect whether it is present or absent.

edit on 8-12-2021 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
It's never about the message, it's always about the interpretation.

That being said, there won't be any "marks of the beast" for quite some time.

I have it on good authority, our world is about to change, but not into the hands of evil.

Even science will be listening to God, soon enough.

"That being said, there won't be any "marks of the beast" for quite some time."....what makes you say that?

"I have it on good authority, our world is about to change, but not into the hands of evil."....what authority is that?

"Even science will be listening to God, soon enough."... can you explain why this will happen in your opinion?

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthJava

You can find out everything you want to know, if you figure out how to communicate with God.

There is only one good authority, and I heard the good news.

The science question, this is the one where I can give you a real tangible answer, without involving your relationship with God, but just your ability to think.

There is a key difference between accepting differentiation between free will and determinism, and being willing to investigate that border. Ergo, there is a difference between data that scientists generate themselves, and data that scientists record from nature.
If you accept our Universe as a creation, then the parts of the Universe that could reveal the nature of the creator would be of very keen interest to you. What are scientists recording the most data from, in nature? I don't mean what are scientists generating the most data from. That's their own work. Look for what has nothing to do with humanity (as far as we know today) but scientists are recording a massive amount of data from it.
If you consider our holy texts and ancient scriptures after learning the answer to that question... You will start to notice something very interesting.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I think that whether the right hand and forehead marks are legal, what they mean in the symbolic language of the apocalyptic genre is something different.

Throughout the scripture and indeed many human cultures, the right hand represents authority, power, autonomy. Jesus is said to be seated at the Father's right hand. (ref.Psalm 110:1, Hebrews 1:3, 1 Peter 3:22) The head is, obviously, the place of the intellect, the seat of reason, thought.

Those who take the mark of the beast must surrender both their own personal authority and autonomy as well as their ability to think freely. The mark represents the complete submission of one's own humanity to the beast system.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Since we are throwing around hypothesis:

Thousands of years ago having a vision of this time period would probably be hard to interpret and put into words in that era...so you would try and explain what you were shown.

And he shall make all, both little and great, rich and poor, freemen and bondmen, to have a character in their right hand,

or on their foreheads. [17] And that no man might buy or sell, but he that hath the character, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

A thousand years ago a laser seen on the skin might be interpreted as a character, or the name of the beast if you really weren't sure what you have been shown.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive
The problem with that interpretation is that the mark of Revelation would have to be
a) Specifically contrary to God's known will
b) The identifying symbol of someone currently dominating the world and persecuting Christians to the point of death.
Vaccination, as such, matches neither of those rquirements.

The author of Revelation was NOT being shown misty pictures of the physical appearance of a future world. He was being shown symbols with theological meaniing.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Oh, just give it time. Surely anyone who rushed out to get an experimental vaccine would rush out to get a mark that allows you to live what is perceived as a normal existence.

I see little difference in the two.

Christians and anyone else who do not want this shot are currently being rounded up like in Australia.

There is a war between faith and science brewing.
edit on 8-12-2021 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Avardan
...the oldest english translation of the Bible, the Douay-Rhiems even though it is not the official translation of the Orthodox Church - I believe it is the truest translation.

The oldest is not always the best. Biblical scholarship is better now than when the Douay-Rhiems or the King James versions were translated. I'm liking a version simply called "The Scriptures." It shines when a lot of modern versions fall short - yes, there are good and bad older versions and good and bad modern versions.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short

originally posted by: Avardan
...the oldest english translation of the Bible, the Douay-Rhiems even though it is not the official translation of the Orthodox Church - I believe it is the truest translation.

The oldest is not always the best. Biblical scholarship is better now than when the Douay-Rhiems or the King James versions were translated. I'm liking a version simply called "The Scriptures." It shines when a lot of modern versions fall short - yes, there are good and bad older versions and good and bad modern versions.

But you're arguing to interpret what is essentially ancient writings through the lens of modernity. That's somewhat comparable to following a recipe written 300 years ago using ingredients purchased at a modern grocery store and expecting it to taste exactly the same.

Understanding the time, culture, worldview and even literary genre of the work is crucial in understanding the message that it is trying to convey. Modern "biblical scholarship" is often nothing more than a chronological and cultural lens that distorts the image you are looking at. It is hubris and arrogance to think that we "moderns" know better than the people who actually penned the scriptures.
:
edit on 2021 12 08 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
What are scientists recording the most data from, in nature? I don't mean what are scientists generating the most data from. That's their own work. Look for what has nothing to do with humanity (as far as we know today) but scientists are recording a massive amount of data from it.
If you consider our holy texts and ancient scriptures after learning the answer to that question... You will start to notice something very interesting.

Space? Or is it something else?

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I feel the same thing…but I don’t know how

Thank you for confirming

a reply to: Archivalist

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Avardan

I think it is a thought process by the meaning on forehead or just doing it by the meaning of right hand. Noone needs permission to live or leave, but it is highly recomended in order to facilitate a peaceful transition of equities. We all live by the mark that is just progressing to a further standard in needing permission to live since we accepted America as the one world leader. So I don't think it is a specific era of markings that make it anymore worse than the marking of before. If you brand my hand, it is probably way cheaper & easier than getting a lisence to hunt or permit for a garden. Or a microchip in the head is nothing compared to living in virtual reality. Then virtual reality is nothing compares to telepathic devices to get permission across the universe in order for a transaction of currency & so on.

Just not on thing, it is an endless program being developed extremely slow in terms of current production values.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
Since we are throwing around hypothesis:

Thousands of years ago having a vision of this time period would probably be hard to interpret and put into words in that era...so you would try and explain what you were shown.

And he shall make all, both little and great, rich and poor, freemen and bondmen, to have a character in their right hand,

or on their foreheads. [17] And that no man might buy or sell, but he that hath the character, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

A thousand years ago a laser seen on the skin might be interpreted as a character, or the name of the beast if you really weren't sure what you have been shown.

Sorry, no mark.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 05:54 PM
link   
wasn't the antichrist written into the Bible because they knew one day people would become knowledgeable enough to see through the lies? just a thought.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I agree it is the inverse of gods seal.

God's word is a frontlet for the eyes and binds the hands of the faithful.

The mark is on the forehead and right hand, and nobody can conduct commerce without it.

For those who says christians are not being persecuted look in Africa, middle east, and china.

Now which nation would be called a dragon, persecutes christians, and is lead by a beloved leader who clams to want peace but is preparing for war?

Which nation spawned the COVID and makes all the ingredients for all the jabs and even provided the viral markers for targeting for all the jabs creators to use when making their jabs?

What nation has every corporation bowing and scraping for access to their market while refusing to consider the lab leak may have caused this pandemic?

What nation harvests the organs of religious disidents who die in work Camps claimed to be reeducation centers, yet every nation wants to do business with them?

Is there anywhere on earth where you need the jab to conduct business or even leave your home?

Is it being proposed in other nations?

Is the global media positive or negative in general regarding china?

Would you say people who trust the global media are more or less likely to take the jab?

What does the global media say about compulsory jabs?

So if one nation can be above reproach by the global media even though it has camps where religious desenteres are working while detained and being reeducated while claims of slave labour rape and organ harvesting go uninvestigated or even heralded beyond a whisper by the global media, happens to be the same nation where only state sanctioned churches exist and christians who hold bible meetings at home are arrested daily, happens to be ruled by an exalted leader for life, the very same nation associated with a dragon, which also happens to be where the COVID started and where all the basic components of all the shots are made and happens to have been the source of all the genetic markers used to target the virus used by all the jab manufacturers, and now the global media has already convinced some nations to mandate these jabs and even more are considering it with nations already detaining the suspected infected and refusing commerce to the unjabbed, but don't worry no mark here, no beast, no antichrist, no coming final global war?

Seems like too many pieces in place to me. Seems like we have never had so many, but I'm no bible scholar.

I would hazard to guess that china may be the dragon, xi may be the antichrist and the COVID jabs might be the mark, but would YouTube let me post that? How long would it last on facebook?

Is china helping the Taliban in Afghanistan? How did the Taliban treat christians?

I'm amazed how many people say nope no mark here, when it is obvious to me that when it comes to this whole china flue jab mess of a new world order you either trust the media or you trust God 's word.

And to think how many people have no idea how christians are persecuted being put to death and imprisoned in china, the middle east and Africa daily astounds me, but guess who remains silent on it? The same global media which remains silent on china maybe? Wow.
edit on 8-12-2021 by Stevenmonet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 02:17 AM
link   
The answer is obvious, too obvious for some and some can't take it.

But remember there are other ways than for someone to be misled into accepting it, in which case HAVE they accepted it?.

Some Masonic Lodges use the Islamic name Allah to refer to God when in fact Abraham probably threw that idol out along with the rest or the Idols.
shoebat.com...

I know that the Schism between the Catholics and the Eastern Orthodox is not going to heal any time soon but I would recommend you look to another older source or rather two, the Coptic Church and more especially the Syriac Orthodox Church (Antioch in the east).
This link wont work so here it is as an url.
youtu.be...

God bless and keep you safe this morning and for all mornings to come.

edit on 9-12-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Never said there was a mark. The laser on the skin would appear as one.
If you were to see this action thousands of years ago you might think what you witnessed was a mark if you only seen the laser pointer.
edit on 9-12-2021 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 06:47 AM
link   
It would suck finding out that the vaccine was the mark when many of you already took it.
I wouldn’t want to hear it either.

Thank God it’s only a hypothetical, amirite?

<<   2 >>

join