It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wait!!! Why don't we round up the VACCINATED?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: ScepticScot

I'll tell you what antibiotics do work against. Pneumonia.

Unfortunately, the medical community seem to have forgotten that and just throw people on ventilators ultimately killing them.

Possibly the medical community haven't forgotten that pnemonia can be caused by bacteria or a virus.

Antibiotics only work for bacterial infections.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
just found this, it goes against kids taking the vaccine.

Taking Antibiotics Safely
So what should you do when your child gets sick? To minimize the risk of bacterial resistance, keep these tips in mind:

Take antibiotics only for bacterial infections. It’s a good idea to let milder illnesses (especially those thought to be caused by viruses) run their course. This helps prevent antibiotic-resistant germs from developing. But leave it to your doctor to decide if an illness is “mild” or not. Even if the symptoms don’t get worse but do last a while, take your child to the doctor.

www.rchsd.org...

Only it doesn't because vaccines and antibiotics are still different.

I thought we had established this already.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

the vaccinated are also the reason for variants. Science.

Just saying science at the end of a sentence doesn't make it true.

www.science.org...

Antibiotic resistance is a widespread problem, and one that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) calls “one of the world’s most pressing public health problems.” Bacteria that were once highly responsive to antibiotics have become more and more resistant. Among those that are becoming harder to treat are pneumococcal infections (which cause pneumonia, ear infections, sinus infections, and meningitis), skin infections, and tuberculosis.

www.rchsd.org...

the science states that overuse of antibiotics causes strains that won't react to antibiotics. I realize that the sanitized version of "science" that accompanies covid is vastly different, but for the folks that remember the old version of science, things like this still creep up.

Vaccines aren't antibiotics which don't work on viruses anyway. If by sanitised you mean correct then yes it vastly different.

Ah, so the antibiotic theory is garbage. See, it if was true that it really worked that way, you may think it could work that way with the first ever vaccine against a cold like sickness, but it's obvious that every precaution has been super well thought out in this one, given all the time and attention to science and scientific protocol that was used in the roll out. I'm sorry for even mentioning it.

Yes the comparison between antibiotics and vaccines is garbage and yes science and scientific protocol was used in the development and roll out.

Glad to see you starting to get it.

you really should correct those idiots who are out there spreading lies about antibiotics and the over use of them. Lives are at stake.

If I was the unkind sort I would say I just did.

However has nothing to do with overuse of antibiotics which is a completely seperate issue.

Just so I understand a virus mutates, and somehow, does so to become less affected by the vaccines, and we have studies that show the treatment for bacteria infections will cause bacteria to do the same thing, but one has nothing in common with the other. One is like a cold (covid) for which there is and has never been a treatment for, and the other can be cured by antibiotics, but only until it learns how to get around them.

I suppose it would make a thinking man wonder why a virus mutates to begin with.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   

So what should you do when your child gets sick? To minimize the risk of bacterial resistance, keep these tips in mind:

Take antibiotics only for bacterial infections. It’s a good idea to let milder illnesses (especially those thought to be caused by viruses) run their course. This helps prevent antibiotic-resistant germs from developing. But leave it to your doctor to decide if an illness is “mild” or not. Even if the symptoms don’t get worse but do last a while, take your child to the doctor.

www.rchsd.org...

So the advice is not correct?

can you show something other than you opinion as to why?

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   

www.rchsd.org...

Your link is about antibiotic resistance, it's telling you not to use antibiotics where they aren't required or won't work.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Seems a number of folks aren't getting the gist of your deliberate hyperbole.

Keep it up anyway, a filthy disease spreading pig is a filthy disease spreading pig -- you & I and everyone alive is one. Difference is, we aren't deluding ourselves & trying to come off as a superior organic walking Clean Room devoid of anything not human DNA.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 08:47 AM
link   

www.science.org...

Antibiotic resistance is a widespread problem, and one that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) calls “one of the world’s most pressing public health problems.” Bacteria that were once highly responsive to antibiotics have become more and more resistant. Among those that are becoming harder to treat are pneumococcal infections (which cause pneumonia, ear infections, sinus infections, and meningitis), skin infections, and tuberculosis.

www.rchsd.org...

the science states that overuse of antibiotics causes strains that won't react to antibiotics. I realize that the sanitized version of "science" that accompanies covid is vastly different, but for the folks that remember the old version of science, things like this still creep up.

Vaccines aren't antibiotics which don't work on viruses anyway. If by sanitised you mean correct then yes it vastly different.

Ah, so the antibiotic theory is garbage. See, it if was true that it really worked that way, you may think it could work that way with the first ever vaccine against a cold like sickness, but it's obvious that every precaution has been super well thought out in this one, given all the time and attention to science and scientific protocol that was used in the roll out. I'm sorry for even mentioning it.

Yes the comparison between antibiotics and vaccines is garbage and yes science and scientific protocol was used in the development and roll out.

you really should correct those idiots who are out there spreading lies about antibiotics and the over use of them. Lives are at stake.

However has nothing to do with overuse of antibiotics which is a completely seperate issue.

Just so I understand a virus mutates, and somehow, does so to become less affected by the vaccines, and we have studies that show the treatment for bacteria infections will cause bacteria to do the same thing, but one has nothing in common with the other. One is like a cold (covid) for which there is and has never been a treatment for, and the other can be cured by antibiotics, but only until it learns how to get around them.

I suppose it would make a thinking man wonder why a virus mutates to begin with.

Or the thinking man could read up on it and realise its a completely false comparison.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   

www.rchsd.org...

Your link is about antibiotic resistance, it's telling you not to use antibiotics where they aren't required or won't work.

reading is fundamental.

It’s a good idea to let milder illnesses (especially those thought to be caused by viruses) run their course

I'm not the one who wrote that, I just posted it. Now, can you show something other than you opinion that proves this wrong?

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 08:49 AM
link   

www.science.org...

www.rchsd.org...

Or the thinking man could read up on it and realise its a completely false comparison.

So don't think, don't reason, just accept what the authoritarian tells you. Got it.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   

The first time I ever had the flu as a kid my mum called out the doctor who gave me a prescription of antibiotics to take. Why would that be? Were they just meant to be a placebo?

Also what does science have to say about the placebo affect how do they work? I won’t hold my breath waiting for an answer.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

The first time I ever had the flu as a kid my mum called out the doctor who gave me a prescription of antibiotics to take. Why would that be? Were they just meant to be a placebo?

Also what does science have to say about the placebo affect how do they work? I won’t hold my breath waiting for an answer.

Antibiotic resistance wasn't considered as big a thing a few years back so most likely your doctor was trying to placate your mum insisting he do something . However since I wasn't there I couldn't possibly know for sure.

Not sure what relevance placebo effect has to this topic?

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 08:57 AM
link   

www.science.org...

www.rchsd.org...

So don't think, don't reason, just accept what the authoritarian tells you. Got it.

Clearly you haven't.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   

www.science.org...

www.rchsd.org...

Clearly you haven't.

and clearly you ignored the question you cannot answer.
edit on 8-12-2021 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 09:05 AM
link   

www.science.org...

www.rchsd.org...

Clearly you haven't.

I did answer it. You are lifting a single line out of an article specifically about antibiotics resistance and claiming that is an argument against vaccination.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   

www.science.org...

www.rchsd.org...

Clearly you haven't.

I did answer it. You are lifting a single line out of an article specifically about antibiotics resistance and claiming that is an argument against vaccination.

no, that's totally incorrect.

this was listed on the site I linked as advice for kids infected with a sickness.

It’s a good idea to let milder illnesses (especially those thought to be caused by viruses) run their course

This is the expert medical advice that's given to doctors to refer to in cases where kids get sick. You seem to be against this. If you are, and you don't believe this is correct, can you please offer more than just your opinion as to why it's not correct. I asked nicely and even said please.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   

www.science.org...

www.rchsd.org...

Clearly you haven't.

no, that's totally incorrect.

this was listed on the site I linked as advice for kids infected with a sickness.

This is the expert medical advice that's given to doctors to refer to in cases where kids get sick. You seem to be against this. If you are, and you don't believe this is correct, can you please offer more than just your opinion as to why it's not correct. I asked nicely and even said please.

This is the title of the article you linked to.

The Danger of Antibiotic Overuse

The section you quoted from is called.

Now what do you think they might be talking about and is it vaccines?

edit on 8-12-2021 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   

So you base the conversation off of the title, not the content? Wow, I need to rethink everything now. Who knew.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   

So you base the conversation off of the title, not the content? Wow, I need to rethink everything now. Who knew.

Possibly they are talking about the topic ( novel concept on ATS I know) and lifting individual sentences out and ignoring all context is a little disingenuous.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Possibly they are talking about the topic ( novel concept on ATS I know) and lifting individual sentences out and ignoring all context is a little disingenuous.

Considering this says VIRUSES, not bacteria as antibiotics are supposed to be effective at treating:

You may want to admit there was a clear & direct nod to viruses and how to approach them embedded within the main antibiotic & bacteria-related article.

That does not nullify that quote at all. Whether it is a cold rain, or a warm tropical rain, it is still rain. Put on a parka and just stop it.
edit on 12/8/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   

www.science.org...

Just posting a link that has the word “science” in the url doesn’t make it true.
edit on 8-12-2021 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join