It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tensions Between Russia And NATO/U.S. Building Over Ukraine

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsdogood

That's why morale is the real strength of an Army. yes the US military is formidable. But if you don't ask yourself what you are fighting for, and agree it is a just war. Then what's the point in being an enforcer of the federal reserve. Even that's ok if you are paid well and agree that it's enough to risk your life for them. But you have to be honest with yourself and face the fact you might die as a mercenary who lost the bet.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

From where do you get the idea that Russia is seen as a stable federation and that the Russian government is not corrupt? Your Putin is just an oligarch, another rich guy living a happy life while the average Russian citizen starves.

I see no difference between governments anywhere I look at. They are all the same. Worse, there is no difference between this or that president, or this and that party, in this or that country. It's all the same rubbish. Nobody is scared of anybody in this tough world anymore. That tough the world gets. Russia is not the old Russia anymore. It is just another market place where goods are traded, and people is sold. There are no superpowers anymore, except in some comics.

There are tough streets, quarters in which you shouldn't go alone even in daylight. In all cities. No matter if you are a spetsnaz or a SEAL: you'll die in those streets. Putin should use his army for just one thing: protecting himself from his own citizens.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Hey, I'm just following the news and starting a conversation. Thanks for your input.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Yeah , Ukrainians are a Much Russians as Estonians and Latvians . Oh , wait.............

edit on 9-12-2021 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Direne

Ukraine is a social mess, if I was trying to bring kids up there, I would have moved to Russia years ago.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 05:56 PM
link   
This is all still over that natural gas pipeline?

Asking for a friend.....

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Every country is a social mess these days. Russia included. If you were trying to bing your kids in Russia, it may be the case your beautiful girl becomes a critical jounalist with critical thinking, to just end with a bullet in her head. Or it may be the case your beloved son becomes a person wanting to change things and fighting inequality, to just end bleeding through all holes in a hospital just because he had a cup of coffee poisoned with radioactive stuff, courtesy of the rich guys in the Kremlin palace.

Though, honestly, I think the most likely scenario is your kids would be fighting each day to find a miserable job with a miserable salary that gets them so exhausted they don't even care anymore about freedom, just survival. And sure they would be so frutrated, so alienated, they would even believe the culprit of their situation are the Ukrainians, or the Americans, or the guys in Tokelau, or the guys in Nigeria. Or the homosexuals, or the gypsies... anyone, except the real criminals: those who perpetuate inequality. Whatever language they speak.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

No. it is about global social unrest, and wars manufactured and staged to make people forgive who the real enemy is: those who rule over your life. The ones that will send you to remote places to kill other guys who are also slaves of their own rulers. It is about a time in History in which the concept of nation has become useless because it is increasingly difficult to tell whether that guy with a turban over there is British, or that black guy over there is Russian, or whether that woman with a Chinese face speaking in Finnish is just an Hungarian citizen, or a German diplomat.

It is about nobody knowing what a nation is anymore because, want it or not, we are all so mixed up and so inextricably bound to each other that the concept of nation has lost its meaning. It is about a world turned into a big factory, and citizens into slaves, and it is about slaves fighting against each other without realizing they are slaves.

Go tell your friend.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

originally posted by: nugget1
I don't get it; Russia is trying to protect the border so it doesn't get boxed in. If another country tried to block one of the US coasts, we wouldn't just sit back and do nothing.
The US can start wars and interfere with foreign governments any time they smell money to be made, yet tell Putin he has no right to protect his country's assets?
I think there's more money in it for Hunter and his dad- maybe Ukraine will buy some of Hunter's $500,000.00 scribbles.

But take a look at this Map in the link and explain to me, how in the Hell is Ukraine Boxing Russia in ?

geology.com...

Russia’s only access to the Mediterranean is through their naval base in Ukraine.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 02:40 AM
link   

You might be right, but the reality is that, if you have your own land with a few acres, that is the only real security. Taking into account Russia is so vast, there were people who didn't realize the second world war had taken place.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Ghostsdogood

That's why morale is the real strength of an Army. yes the US military is formidable. But if you don't ask yourself what you are fighting for, and agree it is a just war. Then what's the point in being an enforcer of the federal reserve. Even that's ok if you are paid well and agree that it's enough to risk your life for them. But you have to be honest with yourself and face the fact you might die as a mercenary who lost the bet.

All good points of course, but I was referring to a large enemy power or powers directly taking on the U.S. military, and that comes with certain assumptions that morale issues, and joe issues, would quickly be resolved, as they always are in such situations.

One would have to be a very special level of stupid to even contemplate the idea of directly taking on the U.S. military. Even today.

Even the entire world's military forces, including current allies, wouldn't be enough to secure a victory by the attacking forces.

ccp IS that level of both stupid and deranged, but nobody else in the world is right now, and CCP restraint clearly demonstrates that they are well aware of this fact.

edit on 10-12-2021 by Ghostsdogood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: marg6043

Under biden the world is taking a new approach to their balancing acts, nato is weaken because US as is stands today is weaken with the democrats.

Seriously?

Trump spent four years railing against NATO while cutting our contribution to the organization all while getting cozy with Putin. Actions most Trump supporters on here cheered.

And you're going to claim the weakening of NATO is due to the Democrats?

How INCREDIBLY dishonest of you.

Still suffering from TDS, or just lying to make a point again?

You, and every other person on the planet, is perfectly aware that Trump was pounding other NATO leaders to both improve the quality of their forces, and to start paying to NATO what they had long ago promised, and have never paid.

The weakening of NATO is primarily due to those other NATO leaders, but democrats (and some republicans) share that blame for simply allowing every other NATO country to repeatedly break their promises.

So why the dishonesty?

Did you think you would fool even a SINGLE person with this nonsense?

I doubt it worked as you intended.

edit on 10-12-2021 by Ghostsdogood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Lol
Putin is poised to attack because we don't know what nations are?
Really?

Not even a nice try.

Er, uh so my friend says....

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 02:42 PM
link   

You seem to be a nice person, so I'd like to help you. See, it is not a friend what you have. The voices you hear are just inside your brain. It is called schizophrenia. There is a cure for that. But you need to be strict with the treatment.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Direne

You seem to be a nice person, so I'd like to help you. See, it is not a friend what you have. The voices you hear are just inside your brain. It is called schizophrenia. There is a cure for that. But you need to be strict with the treatment.

You do NOT seem like a nice person.

Why would you call someone, anyone, schizophrenic for accurately not believing that putin's russia is doing all this because 'we don't know what nations are anymore?

The personal insult to another member in effort to distract from the ridiculously absurd claims in your post is both transparent and offensive.

Maybe you would be ok with me directly accusing you of being mentally retarded on ATS?

I never would.

Nor would many civilized humans choose to do what you just did

But keep up the dishonesty and name calling and I just might change my mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join