It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tensions Between Russia And NATO/U.S. Building Over Ukraine

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Circumstances continue to suggest a Third World War could be eminent. This is no joke.

U.S. President Joe Biden warned Russian President Vladimir Putin on Tuesday the West would impose "strong economic and other measures" on Russia if it invades Ukraine, while Putin demanded guarantees NATO would not expand further eastward.

The two leaders held two hours of virtual talks on Ukraine and other disputes in a video call about U.S.-Russian relations, which have sunk to their lowest point since the end of the Cold War more than three decades ago.

news.yahoo.com...

Associated Press lays out the situation:

U.S. intelligence officials last week determined that Russia is planning to deploy an estimated 175,000 troops and almost half of them are already stationed along various points near Ukraine’s border in preparation for a possible invasion that could begin as soon as early 2022.

Ukraine has complained that Moscow has kept over 90,000 troops not far from the two countries’ border following massive war games in western Russia in the fall.

The Ukrainian Defense Ministry said units of the Russian 41st army have remained near Yelnya, a town about 260 kilometers (160 miles) north of the Ukrainian border.

Ukrainian Defense Minister Oleksii Reznikov told lawmakers Friday that the number of Russian troops near Ukraine and in Russian-annexed Crimea is estimated at 94,300, warning that a “large-scale escalation” is possible in January.

Additionally, the commander-in-chief of the Ukrainian armed forces says Russia has about 2,100 military personnel in Ukraine’s rebel-controlled east and that Russian officers hold all commanding positions in the separatist forces. Moscow has repeatedly denied the presence of its troops in eastern Ukraine.

apnews.com...

Defense News explores Putin's options.

In 2014, Putin was not deterred by economic sanctions. Should deterrence fail again, much of the actual American response may depend on where and how much of Ukraine Putin attempts to occupy.

www.defensenews.com...

The commentary piece suggests Putin's options are:

1. Occupy all of Ukraine.
2. Seize all of Ukraine’s coastline from Donetsk to Moldova, including Odessa.
3. Seize the coastline from Donetsk to Crimea along the Sea of Azov, through Mariupol.
4. The annexation of the Donbas region currently occupied by Russian forces.

Journalist Tim Pool examines the situation.

It seems much hope comes down to Joe Biden, a senile and possibly dementia-inflicted old man who randomly recalls at his public speeches how children like feeling up his hairy legs. President Trump held his foreign adversaries at bay. Global security appears to be crumbling under the Democrats' leadership.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Biden is beyond weak. His administration is busy dismantling the USA from within. Putin knows this. If he strikes soon nothing much will happen. He will win quickly and the West will blink.

Dangerous times call for brave and decisive leaders. Russia has one, the USA does not.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

We are in trouble with the Brandon dumpster fire administration in control.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   
You have a lot of good information here that I want to look over, but initially I would like to suggest Putin has additional options:
1. Hunter Biden received what…$3 million dollars from a Russian oligarch
2. The dossier entirely supported by POTUS was derived from Russian sources and it’s highly likely a “master of the game” like Putin is well aware and in possession of proof.
3. All things Ukraine, see 2. Above, Putin is a master and the Ukraine as a former member of the USSR is certainly thick with his double agents. If anything this is all smoke and mirrors and Biden will act tough but ultimately give them the Ukraine, just like China will get Taiwan for the same corrupt blackmailable reasons.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Ukraine has always been the desired adjunct land that a certain group of people desired to control.

The United States is subservient to that certain group of people and is required to sacrifice their sons and fortune to any cause that benefits that certain group.

Rinse and repeat until permitted to stand down.

WWIII keeps being repeated. Well, it can't happen if we do not participate.

Let my people go.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

You could be right. Biden could be sucking up to Putin behind the scenes. He's a weasel, and a senile weasel at that.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 06:23 PM
link   

So the question seems to boil down to;

Does the US risk limited, or, possibly all-out war with Russia should Putin decide to invade, and possibly annex Ukraine?

Or

Does the US concede Ukraine to Russia, either tacitly or explicitly, and save itself from the loss of American service people (not to mention those if America's European/NATO allies)?

Unless the US can somehow cripple the Russian war machine before it has an opportunity to strike Ukraine, I see no good solution to either of the above questions.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 07:01 PM
link   

War between Russia and Ukraine could be averted if the POTUS had a spine and could think Logically .

Move a Few Regiments of Marine Infantry to the Ukrainian border , and land an Air force Fighter / Bomber squadron in Ukraine and smile at the Cameras during the press conference and say " Oh we are conducting some Military games with Ukraine " .

Problem averted

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

War between Russia and Ukraine could be averted if the POTUS had a spine and could think Logically .

Move a Few Regiments of Marine Infantry to the Ukrainian border , and land an Air force Fighter / Bomber squadron in Ukraine and smile at the Cameras during the press conference and say " Oh we are conducting some Military games with Ukraine " .

Problem averted

I watched a posted video from another thread. They think Russia will have 175,000 soldiers on the border. That’s almost the size of our whole US Marine Corps.

Edit: this is definitely some uncertain times, with ominous feelings of something is about to hit the fan. Just don’t know what. And I don’t watch the news either.
edit on 7-12-2021 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

Problem averted

I watched a posted video from another thread. They think Russia will have 175,000 soldiers on the border. That’s almost the size of our whole US Marine Corps.

Russia is going to out number the USA in any conflict that should come as no surprise , But 6,000 Marine Infantry with an Air force Squadron providing air cover is a sufficient show of force and not all of those 175,000 Russians are fighting Infantry atleast half of that is support.
edit on 7-12-2021 by asabuvsobelow because: More info and Grammar.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I don't get it; Russia is trying to protect the border so it doesn't get boxed in. If another country tried to block one of the US coasts, we wouldn't just sit back and do nothing.
The US can start wars and interfere with foreign governments any time they smell money to be made, yet tell Putin he has no right to protect his country's assets?
I think there's more money in it for Hunter and his dad- maybe Ukraine will buy some of Hunter's $500,000.00 scribbles.
edit on 200000077America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Under biden the world is taking a new approach to their balancing acts, nato is weaken because US as is stands today is weaken with the democrats.

The senile president is talking crap but doing nothing, after all he will no touch the last gift to the Russians the pipeline.

This is what happen when the strongest nation in the world has a weak senile president. Watch as other nations that are not friendly to the US starts to take advantage too.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 07:36 PM
link   
hey we gotta protect ukrainian borders at all cost! even sending your kids to fight and die for. our borders don't matter i guess.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The NATOstan Clown Show By Pepe Escobar

The charade has come to a point that – diplomatically – is quite unprecedented: Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov lost his Taoist patience.

American hysteria over the “imminent” Russian invasion of Ukraine has exploded every geopolitical Stupid-o-Meter in sight – and that’s quite an accomplishment.

What a mess. Sections of the U.S. Deep State are in open revolt against the combo that remote controls Crash Test Dummy, who impersonates POTUS. The neocon-neoliberal axis is itching for a war – but has no idea how to sell it to an immensely fractured public opinion.

UKUS, which de facto controls the Five Eyes spy scam, excels only in propaganda. So in the end it’s up to the CIA/MI6 intel axis and their vast network of media chihuahuas to accelerate Fear and Loathing ad infinitum.

Russophobic U.S. Think Tankland would very much cherish a Russian “invasion”, out of the blue, and could not give a damn about the inevitable trouncing of Ukraine. The problem is the White House – and the Pentagon – must “intervene”, forcefully; otherwise that will represent a catastrophic loss of “credibility” for the Empire.

Translation: anything the Empire of Chaos and its NATO subsidiary try in Donbass, directly or indirectly, the humiliation will make the Afghanistan “withdrawal” look like a House of Gucci dinner party.

Something must have got lost in translation. So here’s what happened: Russia conclusively demonstrated it’s capable of obliterating each and every one of NATO’s satellites and blind “all their missiles, planes and ships, not to mention ground forces” in case they decide to materialize their warmongering ideas.

Obviously those deaf, dumb and blind NATOstan armchair warrior clowns – fresh from their Afghan “performance” – won’t get the message. But NATOstan anyway was never accused of being partial to reality.

The NATOstan Clown Show
Amusing article with some strategic points.

Oh the beauty of Ukie nationalism!

This is the translated text: (red emphasis added)
Good morning. This drawing in the hands of a girl is the dream of all Ukrainians. A new generation is growing up, which was not “brainwashed” by the Soviet mindset. This is our future, which we are fighting for!

source: t.me...

By the way, to those who might be tempted to dismiss this as “just a drawing” on “just a Telegram channel”, I want to remind you all of what, for example, the official symbol of the Ukie military intelligence stupidity service looks like:

The Saker

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Ummm…Russia has placed it’s troops on Ukraine’s border to show how serious it is about further eastward encroachment by NATO…

This is a warning to Europe primarily…and the US secondarily…this is an extremely serious warning by President Putin…

This is the 2021 a space odyssey warning to the earth to not land on Europa…that’s how serious this is…

The only move worth playing is to give President Putin the carved in stone solid assurance that Europe and Primarily NATO stop their eastward expansion…and encroach no more…
Remove the damned missile batteries…and back the eff up…

These idiots in Brussels need to step back and stand down…

If I were the President of Russia…I would plan the exact same strategy…and more…I would place extreme pressure on those European fools…

The next move is on them…

Effing idiots…this is on their heads…Russia will steam roll the lot of them if they don’t back the hell down and grow a brain cell…

It really pisses me off how absolutely brain dead all the western leaders are…absolutely and totally brain dead…

They deserve everything they’ll get if they don’t change their strategy…and their equally dense populations as well…to hell with them all for continually electing these scum bags…

YouSir

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
I don't get it; Russia is trying to protect the border so it doesn't get boxed in. If another country tried to block one of the US coasts, we wouldn't just sit back and do nothing.
The US can start wars and interfere with foreign governments any time they smell money to be made, yet tell Putin he has no right to protect his country's assets?
I think there's more money in it for Hunter and his dad- maybe Ukraine will buy some of Hunter's $500,000.00 scribbles.

I'm not trying to be a Dick when I ask this and Maybe I don't fully understand your point .

But take a look at this Map in the link and explain to me, how in the Hell is Ukraine Boxing Russia in ?

geology.com...

edit on 7-12-2021 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 10:02 PM
link   

edit on Tue Dec 7 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Do you really believe they're going to end the game over Ukraine?

There isn't going to be a WWIII.
At least not man vs. man.
Man vs. A.I. perhaps.

There's going to be Cold War 2. Korea 2. Vietnam 2. Gulf War 3. Maybe even Civil War 2.

It's all about proxy wars nowadays because if superpowers went head to head, every elite enjoying their kush position at the top loses everything.

They're too addicted to the game to ever pull the plug on it.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 10:46 PM
link   
It will be a combined attack. Russia attacks Nato as China attacks USA off the east and west coast lines using nuclear submarines with nukes.

USA will be nuked.

NATO will be attacked with chemical weapons by Russia and then their troops will mop up what is left.

edit on 7-12-2021 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
a reply to: BlueJacket

You could be right. Biden could be sucking up to Putin behind the scenes. He's a weasel, and a senile weasel at that.

Their not wearing there masks it’s a conspiracy!

Our government are a bunch of idiots trying to screw with Russia. There is no way the Russians are going to let their western border states ally with NATO their largest naval base is in Ukrainian territory. Putin won’t eff around with that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join