It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now the Woke brigade are coming for your Christmas films

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkEyi

It takes some twisted imagination to spin "some people don't like these films" to "they'recoming to take your movies".

It explains why some people seem to live as permanent victims, terrified of the world around them moving on.
edit on 9-12-2021 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Apologies to woke snowflakes.

Not going to change.

No need to apologise. Nobody cares in the real world.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

Here in the UK we have deranged snowflake type folk who think that sending Christmas cards, having school Nativity plays etc will "offend" Muslims etc. I have never known anyone of any faith that has been remotely offended by Christmas.

It's PC gorn mad, I tells ya.

Happy Winterval to all on ATS. May your God, go with you.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Now the Woke brigade are coming for your Christmas films

What are you talking about? The 7/11 down the road has 2 racks of DVDs with nothing but Xmas movies. Some even dubbed into Spanish. Who or what is this woke brigade and who cares what they think or do?

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

The primary School gave Christmas presents to our kids today.

To every kid including the ones of Muslim persuasion.

I did not see any of them or the parents who collected thems nose bent out of shape by such a lovely gesture.

My little lad got "Harry Potter" Lego.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

My little lad got "Harry Potter" Lego

No more barefeet for you!!!

Stepping on a lego is damned painful, for those who haven't experienced the joys of stepping on a lego at 3 AM on the way to the bathroom...

White Christmas, and Sound of Music are my go-to holiday movies...and Die Hard.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: VierEyes

No one who matters, namely us, gives a rat's a-- what the woke think about our Christmas movies.

Continue to enjoy them. Buy the DVDs before they are banned.

they can pry it out of my cold dead VHS player!

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Here in the UK we have deranged snowflake type folk who think that sending Christmas cards, having school Nativity plays etc will "offend" Muslims etc. I have never known anyone of any faith that has been remotely offended by Christmas.

It's PC gorn mad, I tells ya.

Happy Winterval to all on ATS. May your God, go with you.

do you mean festivus?

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Here in the UK we have deranged...

Having people CLAIM on the internet that there are...

folk who think that sending Christmas cards, having school Nativity plays etc will "offend" Muslims etc.

... is quite different from ACTUALLY having

folk who think that sending Christmas cards, having school Nativity plays etc will "offend" Muslims etc.

... don't you think?

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Mate he's got boxes of the stuff and i gave him 2 big black bags full of the Lego from when i was a lad i had in the loft.

Ive got that stepping on Lego badge at 3am and then some seagull.

I love Christmas movies myself Die Hard being one of them, second one was great also, after that they got a little repetitive.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Say it with me now:

They have zero self-confidence. None of those "issues" they invented should bother someone confident of & secure in their own selves. I'd wager those folks are only as good as what they denigrated -- yelling at the moving mirror, in other words.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: rnaa

Here in the UK we have deranged...

Having people CLAIM on the internet that there are...

... is quite different from ACTUALLY having

... don't you think?

Not really. It happens:

www.theguardian.com...

So there you go.
edit on 10-12-2021 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   

We have been doing Christmas on this island aka Winter Solstice long before Christianity ever touched our shores.

Most scholars believe Jesus was not even born on that day.

It matters not as the parable is what's of importance.

Its all about Sun worship at heart as apposed to Son worship.

Nothing i suppose you have not surmised yourself.

Christmas is important and going nowhere anytime soon, if in doubt just ask any kid with a Santa list.

Bit early but jingle jingle troops, i hope Santa is good to you all, naughty and nice nonsensical anthropomorphic ideologies aside, all the best and Ho Ho Ho.

edit on 10-12-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Happy Winterval to you too, you old goat!

It's all about time off w*rk and stuffing our faces and exceeding the Govt's weekly recommended alcohol unit intake (which I generally call "lunch") really.

We do do midnight Mass and Carols from Kings, though here.

And watching Love Actually, again.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I take the weans to midnight mass myself short of being to inebriated or constructing something of importance which is always a possibility, same as my grandparents took me.

My wee'yins are 9 and 15 this year so the fannying about with Santa and church is kind of out the window.

Not that we don't still try to a fashion.

It is what it is i suppose.

They like to sing after all, and the bells are nice, if we are lucky might even get snow.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 08:04 PM
link   

That Guardian article pretty much illustrates my point - other faith groups are not offended by Christians celebrating Christmas. I say Happy Hannukah to the Rabbi next door and he says Merry Christmas to me. We are each hoping that the other gets joy from their religious celebrations. To groups of people that I don't know I usually say 'Have a great Holiday' or some such. NO ONE IS OFFENDED. Jews exchange presents at Hannukah (at least the one's I know do), why would they be offended by gift giving by Christians? But why would I want to suggest that a Muslim or Jew get joy from my religious celebration that is not shared by them - it doesn't make sense, but they know they live in a Christian country and that people often take the lazy way and speak without thinking. "Season's Greetings" is a simple generic greeting that covers all bases. Why is that even hint at controversy? The answer is that some people just like to invoke outrage and cause trouble where none exists.

Decorations being banned from poles in Sweden for safety reasons is turned into a lie about a war on Christmas. Someone on the internet claiming that the ban was anti-Christmas doesn't make it so - it makes it a lie spoken for the express purpose of invoking outrage.

But actual anti-Christmas actions like, Louis DeJoy ordering that mail sorting machines be dismantled and destroyed just before 1.3 billion Christmas cards are put into the postal system is somehow good patriotic solid Christian behavior that is completely ignored by the feces merchants on the Outrage Network.

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: rnaa

That Guardian article pretty much illustrates my point - other faith groups are not offended by Christians celebrating Christmas. I say Happy Hannukah to the Rabbi next door and he says Merry Christmas to me. We are each hoping that the other gets joy from their religious celebrations. To groups of people that I don't know I usually say 'Have a great Holiday' or some such. NO ONE IS OFFENDED. Jews exchange presents at Hannukah (at least the one's I know do), why would they be offended by gift giving by Christians? But why would I want to suggest that a Muslim or Jew get joy from my religious celebration that is not shared by them - it doesn't make sense, but they know they live in a Christian country and that people often take the lazy way and speak without thinking. "Season's Greetings" is a simple generic greeting that covers all bases. Why is that even hint at controversy? The answer is that some people just like to invoke outrage and cause trouble where none exists.

Decorations being banned from poles in Sweden for safety reasons is turned into a lie about a war on Christmas. Someone on the internet claiming that the ban was anti-Christmas doesn't make it so - it makes it a lie spoken for the express purpose of invoking outrage.

But actual anti-Christmas actions like, Louis DeJoy ordering that mail sorting machines be dismantled and destroyed just before 1.3 billion Christmas cards are put into the postal system is somehow good patriotic solid Christian behavior that is completely ignored by the feces merchants on the Outrage Network.

Yes. No one is really offended by Christmas. My point exactly. But here in the UK the woke left have been pushing this nonsense:

"This comes after news that some business owners are fearful of sending Christmas cards, that cinema chains have banned an advert containing the Lord’s Prayer for fear of offending non-Christian audiences, and that employees are being vetoed from calling a Christmas tree a Christmas tree. It’s like we’ve entered a politically correct Nightmare Before Winterval."

From the Guardian. It has been happening.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join