It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now the Woke brigade are coming for your Christmas films

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkEyi

Yeah , I am Pretty Sure Santas Elves did not Usually Throw F Bombs Around Santas Workshop every Other Minute . Jewish People Should Not Make Fun of Christian Hollidays , it's Not Polite .

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I wasn't really arguing. I hope everyone enjoys their respective holidays, Christmas included. It's just funny how the cycle of being the woke and unwoke never ends.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 09:40 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus

My favorite Christmas movie is The Ref with Denis Leary, Judy Davis and Kevin Spacey. It really -- for me -- incorporates the real feel of Christmas. It is more than a movie that centers around Christmas.

That movie is one of the greatest underrated comedies. We watch it every Christmas (along with Die Hard, Christmas Vacation, Elf and Better Off Dead)

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 10:00 PM
link   

edit on Tue Dec 7 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: VierEyes

No one who matters, namely us, gives a rat's a-- what the woke think about our Christmas movies.

Continue to enjoy them. Buy the DVDs before they are banned.

Let them ban Xmas films

I'll buy them and sell them for huge profits.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Is was only a matter of time.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: BlueJacket

I wasn't really arguing. I hope everyone enjoys their respective holidays, Christmas included. It's just funny how the cycle of being the woke and unwoke never ends.

Me either. I hope I wasn’t coming off poorly. My only desire is that people learn to respect one another’s beliefs.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CloneFarm1000

originally posted by: VierEyes

No one who matters, namely us, gives a rat's a-- what the woke think about our Christmas movies.

Continue to enjoy them. Buy the DVDs before they are banned.

Let them ban Xmas films

I'll buy them and sell them for huge profits.

Haha, that’s the spirit!🤣

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

That’s my favorite Christmas movie. I’ve been watching it every year since my 20s. If woke culture comes for that movie then all hell is going to break loose.

Those people are really pissing me off.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Post Removed By Staff
edit on 12/8/2021 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: sarahvital
maybe someday we can get all the woke movies and burn them in a pile putting it on social media.

i think there is a video size limit for that.. also, it would take years for the upload to complete...

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   
''Your Christmas Movies''? Whose Christmas movies?

Here's the thing about Christmas movies. The making of movies is only a little over 100 years old and still about nine years away from the century mark of even having sound. Yet the movie industry has made it a point to saturate the industry with Christmas moves for over 80 years.
Christmas movies, those featuring some form of Santa Claus style Christmas have joined with all the block buster Christian moves such as The Ten Commandments on American television sets for better part of 60 years to help set the public mind on the celebrations that are held during this season.

So for over half a century the mainstream media has led the assault on the American public to get them into the mood for Christmas. And what is that mood? It's the mood to buy and then buy some more. Those Madison Avenue types recognized long ago that the entire American economy could not get out of the red, that is show a profit, until Christmas time when the shopping frenzy put them over the top for the year.

So Madison Avenue pushed movies that would help get people into the ''feel good'' state of mind to buy the products they were advertising. Christmas movies made people feel good. That means feel good about buying gifts to give to people.
It was in the spirit of giving gifts to the Christ Child coupled with all the big Jesus era movies that pushed the Jesus narrative on television for all those decades.

It used to be that those movies and advertising would only begin a couple of weeks before Christmas. But then some smart advertiser came up with the idea of starting the buying season right after Thanksgiving and the idea of Black Friday began where that day of shopping became a holiday in and of itself.

This then extended up the calendar towards Halloween. Mixed in there, new shopping holidays like Cyber Monday.

And throughout, Christmas movies blared out of America's televisions. lulling generations into the warm mindlessness that is the Christmas Shopping Season.

But never fear, the Shopping Industry continues to play the same old movies over and over again each and every year. Add to that the influx of new Christmas movies that we are treated to each year. This year alone, the Hallmark Channel is debuting no less than 41 brand new Christmas moves to charm the charm-able.

ew.com...

So sure, a few people have found fault with some aspects of some of these movies, big deal. It's not going to ruin Christmas for anyone who loves Jesus because Christmas quit having much to do with Jesus ages ago.

Once again, never fear , there are plenty of Santa's to appeal to everyone.
Here is Black Santa
www.amazon.com...

And Asian Santa
www.amazon.com...

Female Santa
www.pinterest.com...
Yep, Santa is now multi-racial to appeal to children of all nationalities. Kind of like how Jesus was turned from a middle easterner into the iconic white guy to appeal to western cultures.

So no, nobody is stealing Christmas, it was lost a long time before any of us were born.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: HawkEyi
As Seth's Rogen Christmas's Santa Inc had being getting backlash, negativity reviewed by most on the internet and majority of YT content creators not liking it.

The Woke brigade are going after the classic Christmas movies. Calling the classic hit movies sexist, Problematic, Misogynist Fatphobic, Racist. While some critics want you to embrace the new Santa Inc.

Imagine being upset over a Holiday movie.
Now the woke brigade are coming for your Christmas films! Twitter critics say Love Actually 'rewards toxic men', 'archaic' Bridget Jones champions sexual harassment and Jack Black is a 'dangerous sociopath' in The Holiday

But criticism has been mounting over staples like Richard Curtis' Love Actually, The Holiday and It's a Wonderful Live, with women's lifestyle site Refinery29 taking festive films apart and lambasting the 'toxic' male characters.

Meanwhile social media users have been ripping into some of the country's most beloved movies, including Bridget Jones's Diary, starring Renee Zellweger, for 'sexual harassment, fatphobia and everyday sexism'.

Who cares? It's the Daily Fail.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 04:15 PM
link   
In this household it's the Grinch, Love Actually, Carols from Kings, and on Boxing Day, the Great Escape.

Apologies to woke snowflakes.

Not going to change.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Loved "Bad Santa"

Second one was ok to.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 06:06 PM
link   
"Holiday Inn". Very un-PC.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 07:58 PM
link   
"Buckaroo Banzai" is our Christmas movie.

Yeah, go figger.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Ho Ho Ho Hum. This whole "war on Christmas" theme is boring and trite.

It was invented by a TV network to raise false outrage, lasso eyeballs, and sell gold bullion.

Please stop helping them scam vulnerable people.

In fact please stop being scammed yourselves.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Well with the likes of Torrents in existence this ""alleged"" woke mob that are supposedly coming for the Xmas movies are apt to be on to plumbs.

I would not worry to much is the sentiment i am trying to convey.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join