It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now the Woke brigade are coming for your Christmas films

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   
As Seth's Rogen Christmas's Santa Inc had being getting backlash, negativity reviewed by most on the internet and majority of YT content creators not liking it.

The Woke brigade are going after the classic Christmas movies. Calling the classic hit movies sexist, Problematic, Misogynist Fatphobic, Racist. While some critics want you to embrace the new Santa Inc.

Imagine being upset over a Holiday movie.
Now the woke brigade are coming for your Christmas films! Twitter critics say Love Actually 'rewards toxic men', 'archaic' Bridget Jones champions sexual harassment and Jack Black is a 'dangerous sociopath' in The Holiday

But criticism has been mounting over staples like Richard Curtis' Love Actually, The Holiday and It's a Wonderful Live, with women's lifestyle site Refinery29 taking festive films apart and lambasting the 'toxic' male characters.

Meanwhile social media users have been ripping into some of the country's most beloved movies, including Bridget Jones's Diary, starring Renee Zellweger, for 'sexual harassment, fatphobia and everyday sexism'.

edit on Tue Dec 7 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: Spelling in title

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkEyi
Whereas I truly love many of the “old classics “ Rudolph, the ORIGINAL Grinch that stole Christmas, a Christmas story etc…

I do think the Holiday would be far less effected by the tides of social whims, if we had remained within its foundations, celebrating the birth of Christ, and what his message and life’s effort (culminating in sacrifice) was intended to convey.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   
At least national lampoons is still authorised viewing

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Anyone that bases their lives on the woke brigade, needs to be in a straight jacket.

+20 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I have to confess, I really don't give a # what people who claim to be more evolved than me do or want.

I don't think that history should be rewritten. I think it is fine to acknowledge that bad things happened and keep those things fresh in our minds and in the context of history.

Cancel culture can kiss my ass. The movie Blazing Saddles is not racist. It is a movie that is hilarious and lampoons the idea that racists are stupid and foolish. I think we should celebrate the fact that we are an evolving race of creatures. Our history is full of crimes against peoples. Those icons of history should not be erased, but learned from. Humanity evolves, but it cannot change without the lessons that are present in our history. I spit at those who want to tear down statues, that wish to rewrite history. We need to embrace history and learn from it.

(post by FunshineCD removed for political trolling and baiting)
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: FunshineCD
and a republican said "if your going to get raped, you might as well enjoy it" SO obviously that is what you think right?

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Can we not examine the fact two people who are Jewish made a movie bashing Christmas? A tad racist if you ask me. Their stupid movie is an adult themed piece of garbage, so why does anyone care what they think? IT IS NOT A CHRISTMAS MOVIE, it's a woke bit of garbage using the holiday as a smokescreen against criticism.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 05:37 PM
link   

No one who matters, namely us, gives a rat's a-- what the woke think about our Christmas movies.

Continue to enjoy them. Buy the DVDs before they are banned.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
Whereas I truly love many of the “old classics “ Rudolph, the ORIGINAL Grinch that stole Christmas, a Christmas story etc…

I do think the Holiday would be far less effected by the tides of social whims, if we had remained within its foundations, celebrating the birth of Christ, and what his message and life’s effort (culminating in sacrifice) was intended to convey.

Do you think people in the really old times were thinking, "I do think the Holidays would be far less affected by social whims if we had remained within its foundations, celebrating the Winter Solstice, the alcohol finally being fermented, and everything else we gleefully celebrated before the Pope decided randomly that December 25th was Jesus's birthday!"

Probably.
edit on 7-12-2021 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 06:27 PM
link   
They come for my "A Christmas Story" and I guarandamtee they will leave faster than they came .

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   
maybe someday we can get all the woke movies and burn them in a pile putting it on social media.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I have my favorites on DVD so the woke brigade can show society their value by jingling my bells and massaging my yule log for the Christmas season.

Honestly, this woke crap is about as beneficial to society as teats on a bull.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarahvital
maybe someday we can get all the woke movies and burn them in a pile putting it on social media.

Judging by the reviews, most of them crash and burn all by themselves.

No imagination or humour and dripping with insincerity is not a good formula.

The old ones may be a little cliché but I'll enjoy watching Beavis and Butthead do A Christmas Carol again .

"In life, he was my partner. Now he's some dead guy with cool chains huhuhuhuhu."
edit on 7122021 by Tulpa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I discovered... with the help of those long haul paranoid delusions and confusions... the secret of winning the war on christmas... I just have to perfect it some.. I don't care what either side says or wants because next year... there will be no christmas!!

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Doesn't matter, BB guns will still put out your eye. In the OP list, none of those are Chrismas movies that I would recognize.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Just keep your filthy hands off Die Hard, wokesters!

yes, it IS a Christmas movie

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: discordantone

I get you, and agree.

My favorite Christmas movie is The Ref with Denis Leary, Judy Davis and Kevin Spacey. It really -- for me -- incorporates the real feel of Christmas. It is more than a movie that centers around Christmas.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

I agree! The Ref is one of my favorite movies. The opening scene where he is robbing the safe, gets sprayed with cat pee, then gets dropped in the basement with a Rottweiler is hilarious. Also, Die Hard, Scrooged, Trading Places, and Christmas Vacation is a must, along with the other classics. I have them all on DVD so I can enjoy them to my heart's content.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct
As a matter of fact, the two occasions are 2 different celebrations. You may celebrate the Solstice on the 21st, Christmas is on the 25th. As another matter of fact, this thread is about Christmas movies/shows, not Solstice. As a person that has practiced astrology for over 25 years I fully recognize the difference.

If there were solstice movies and shows you might see me mention my thoughts in that regard. I once felt and argued your points…right here on ATS as well as other places… I know most of the points and counter points well.

Enjoy your holiday

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join