It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calder freeway, fatal truck crash. Victoria Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Here in Melbourne, a poor child has lost their life from this crash.

Dash cam footage has just emerged, the entire blame is being laid on the truck driver.

Though looking at the footage the blame should be placed upon the traffic controllers who placed a speed sign dropping the speed from 100 kilometres an hour down to 80 kilometres an hour, and in what look like about 100 metres the speed is dropped to 40 kilometres an hour.

Logic should have prevailed the signage should have been spread over a longer distance.

The traffic controllers should understand braking distances, and also understand that people may suddenly hit the brakes at the 40 sign not gradually slow down which hopefully cars behind slow down as well.

People panic hit the brakes and hope The cars behind slow down in time.

To me this looks like the cars suddenly saw the signand hard braked.

The truck driver had to slow a truck down from 100 kilometres an hour to 40 in about 100 metres, I am sure it takes a longer distance to slow a truck down to a 3rd of its speed from 100 k’s an hour.

A 40 tonne truck can’t stop on a dime in a controlled fashion.

The traffic controllers should have had training in braking distances, especially for heavy vehicles.

m.youtube.com...

edit on 7-12-2021 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2021 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

I have to agree with you. We have too many cowboys in jobs that are NOT trained enough and their IQ is very questionable. The traffic controllers are the ones in fault.

new topics

join