It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Max Headroom Deep Dive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I put this video in this forum because it turns out that is exactly what Max Headroom was.

A joke, a pun, and perhaps unintentionally, a prank.

This guy did some pretty intensive research and shows that nerd is just another way of saying passionate.
The video is a mix of facts,observations and nostalgia about an iconic moment in television history if you like that sort of thing.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

That was a fun "its 3am and I can't sleep" deep dive, thanks for posting! I remember the original Mtv shorts, and actually watched the television series back in the day. It was truly awful, but I still loved it lol

The video creator did a marvelous job. He brought up some apt comparisons and thoughtful revelations that I never could have come up with on my own. And I agree with him- it would be fascinating to see Max return now: original Max, not the watered down version.

Max Headroom should have had a cameo or shoutout in Kung Fury. I feel like Max would be very much at home in Vaporwave.

Kung Fury on youtube: www.youtube.com...
edit on 7-12-2021 by DreadKnock because: This Space For Rent

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I loved the max headroom show back in the day, not the tv series, but the one hosted by him, playing music clips and with his strange humor...

I do like how they explained his name in the tv show though..

Ahh back when tv was fun and not woke..

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DreadKnock

I've watched Kung Fury a couple of times and it is a masterpiece. Max would've slotted in effortlessly.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

www.imdb.com...

You're gonna love this then! I wanna see that one.

As for Max, I've only seen a few shorts of his work back then. I didn't even know their was a show at some point... :/

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: coamanach

Kung Fury 2??? I had no idea..

edit on 7-12-2021 by DreadKnock because: This Space For Rent

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: coamanach
I was literally trying to remember the name of this the other day...

Thanks!!

new topics

top topics

join