It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask me anything you want to know about Gardening

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Great thread!

I am learning alot.

Respectfully,
~meathead

edit on 7-12-2021 by Mike Stivic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   
how do you seed/grow potatoes?

edit on 12121212 by lux666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: lux666
how do you seed/grow potatoes?

Perfect timing, as I am getting ready to grow sweet potatoes.

Two ways, you can buy “seed” potatoes from the store
Or you can buy organic potatoes and let them get eyes and cut and dust with powdered sulfur

Two ways to plant. Put the potatoes in the ground now and wait for spring to see some green. (Chance of rotting though)
Or, you can plant in spring. As soon as you see leaf growth you have to put more dirt on top, keep doing that all growing season. When you are ready to harvest you gently dig them out. It is amazing how many can grow this way. Some people use growing bags, barrels and other types of containers. I’ve used raised bed and have had real good results that way.

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

thank you, very interesting.

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: infiniteMeow

you can give to them a substitute where they can go, like a plastic, cartoon or soil area. so they can go there.

they are part of the nature, and they help you with gardening.
you are getting manure from nature.

there are a lot of kinds of manure:
cow manure, sheep manure, cat manure, chicken manure.

here the cats have made a land fertile here.
it was rubble and without fertile soil. The grass didnt gowth there and there were no trees.
I didnt added soil, nor chemicals nor fertilizers.

And now, thanks to the cats, in just a few years,they fertilized the soil.
Now there are big trees with flowers all year, and plants all year, butterflies all year, wild ducks, dragonflies, fireflies, birds, squirrel, wild parrots, crickets, bees, etc.
the most fertile area and bigger trees in the town, is exactly the area where the cats made it fertile.
and there is no need to cut the lawn nor use fertilizers, nor use chemical products.

others neighbors have added in their lands trucks with black soil, fertilizers, gardening, but the birds and butterflies dont go there.

After the plants grown here, this land the butterflies choosed to born.

by far, in those 5 years I realized that now, the most fertile land, is the land the cats fertilized.
and in those years is the area the butterflies, birds, bees, prefer to be and live.

12 feet tall plants.

fresh weather you get from the shadow of the trees that growth inthere.

and all because the cats that fertilized the land.

they are a blessing for the soil.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 05:40 AM
link   
T

originally posted by: Terpene

Whats the best companionship plant for cannabis?
. Tomatoes in the greenhouse beside each other with some red Xmas tree balls hung over for camouflage you would be hard pressed to tell from more than a few feet away , don't ask me. How I know this it's a secret

edit on 14/12/2021 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

What sort of gardening accident did the drummer for Spinal Tap die of?

I wonder was he a early victim of miracle grow plant food better known in the UK as meow meow ,makes you wonder who first realised well humans are 52% banana by DNA so if i snort some of these crystal plant food might make me shine and perky ,now it comes in liquid form

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Great advice I received as a kid from my grandfather ,if you cannot eat it is is a weed , and to save all the backbreaking work of digging the garden just hope for a anonymous call to the cops for a stash of drugs or a body hidden in the garden , they will be round in a flash turning that garden over for you

edit on 14/12/2021 by stonerwilliam because: Spelling z

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: lux666

Ever had potatoes that started to grow little roots in your shelf, that's what JAG is referring to as eyes, you can cut it out with abundant potato on it and plant.

An interesting technique is growing potatoes in a bag or barrel, you start at the bottom with little earth as soon as the green is out enough you cover everything except the top leaves repeat until the bag/barrel is full, one potato olant will fill the whole container. It's a trick if you are growing in restricted space.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Lol, i might get a lady out of her tent and make her all pretty for Christmas...

I wasn't looking for camouflage, I got that part covered... When I was still growing outdoors, a girlfriend of mine once watered my tomatoes, after she came asking me very perplexed, why my tomatoes smell like cannabis...
I said it's a very special breed
Ranking beans work well too, also they are great because they fix nitrogen in the soil...

edit on 14-12-2021 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Ranking beans work well too, also they are great because they fix nitrogen in the soil...

I wonder if there's a plant that could supply some cal-mag?

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Banana peal tea does

sorry thats not true banana peal is good for P/K
edit on 14-12-2021 by Terpene because: Bul#checking myself

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

thank you for your details and explanation

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>