It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plight of Child Leading to Calls For The Reinstatement of Capital Punishment in the UK

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: EvilAxis

Not being familiar with the Brits day to day....are they going through the same BLM nonsense about how the system is racist and needs to be dismantled and rebuild in an equitable way? If so, one has to wonder how they would mesh reinvigorating Old Sparky in light of that racist system needing dismantling.

Then again, when the system falls, the gallows rise. So there is that.
edit on 12/6/2021 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Too many get railroaded for me to support the DP. It's figured 4% on DR are innocent. No, I think a very uncomfortable life in some dingy sh#thole works for me.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Life for Murder?????????? What courts are you all working in cos that aint the truth. Life average 15 years, for good behaviour, what out after 10 years????
Recent cases should show you that even a long stretch inside then parole changes nothing in them.
What it should be (not capitol punishment) is actual life in prison, no parole, no get out after a number of years, LIFE, death in prison. But that'll never happen cos we've got too many do-gooders coming with "they've served enough, let them go" or " over the years they've reformed and no longer a threat to society". They are there because they committed a very serious crime, whether they are a threat is a moot point, they are being punished.
And for all those that say after a number of years it's cruel to keep them incarcerated I'll say what about their victim, they can't come back.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   
PS. What I didn't put is the main reason that aught to change.
NOT, prison for reform, but prison for punishment.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

No, our government's Commission on Race and Ethnic Disparities concluded that while there might be overt acts of racism in the UK, there is no institutional racism.

So clearly everything's hunky-dory here, but thanks for asking.

(post by houcehilton removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   
edited spam

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Edited Spam

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 02:42 PM
link   
There should absolutely be a DP option for certain cases (such as the OP), certain people can never be rehabilitated, and people get their knickers in a twist over life without parole as well ignoring that monsters will be back on the street.

Now should we have several redundancies in the system to help stop innocents from being killed certainly.

Look at the parade killer in the US for an example of what can happen when you don't "punish" for the sake of the greater good, fricking DA even said he expected people to be hurt or killed with his "Idea" of bail reform.

It's a grand idea as long as one of those woopsie incidents doesn't impact your life and take your loved ones from you.

Is it perfect no, but letting monsters out on the street isn't a good idea either, unless you want the people to deliver vigilante justice, which is what will happen if the law doesnt take firm action on irredeemable monsters.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: Granitebones
Someone said she's already tried to kill herself.......but I suppose it will feel better for you if the state kills her.

Do you want to put her out of her misery?

I personally think a nice clean hanging or lethal injection is to good for these monsters. Does that answer the question for you?

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

They do give out whole life terms for the most extreme offenders.

www.bbc.co.uk...
www.bbc.co.uk...

I have no doubt whatsoever that the sentences of the monsters will be appealed, and they will be given whole life terms and die in prison. It is in the public interest that they never be allowed freedom as long as they live.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granitebones

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: Granitebones
Someone said she's already tried to kill herself.......but I suppose it will feel better for you if the state kills her.

Do you want to put her out of her misery?

I personally think a nice clean hanging or lethal injection is to good for these monsters. Does that answer the question for you?

I would almost rather see her live, to have someone sh#t in her bunk..every day, for the rest of its life, that kind of thing.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   
If that was likely to happen I'd be in favour of her being kept alive.
a reply to: vonclod

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   

If that was likely to happen I'd be in favour of her being kept alive.
a reply to: vonclod

It was a thing, not unheard of, back in the day anyway. Just top up a few accounts! But I'm not sure it happens these days.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   

The issue with capital punishment as a deterrent is a bit like trying to prove a negative. We generally dont get the figures for those were deterred because they dont commit the crime and become legal statistics.

That's true, and it supports the statement that there is no evidence that capital punishment deters homicide.

It is possible to compare States and countries which do or don't employ the death penalty, or which did and then didn't, etc.

When this is done:

...there is not the slightest credible statistical evidence that capital punishment reduces the rate of homicide. Whether one compares the similar movements of homicide in Canada and the US when only the latter restored the death penalty, or in American states that have abolished it versus those that retain it, or in Hong Kong and Singapore (the first abolishing the death penalty in the mid-1990s and the second greatly increasing its usage at the same), there is no detectable effect of capital punishment on crime. The best econometric studies reach the same conclusion.

theconversation.com

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join