It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plight of Child Leading to Calls For The Reinstatement of Capital Punishment in the UK

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   
If you are not familiar with the case of this poor little guy the details are available but I advise caution because it doesn't get much worse than what was done to Arthur. Something is very broken in a society when this happens and unsurprisingly it has brought about a call for the reintroduction of capital punishment from many quarters.

Now that the UK is no longer an EU member the death penalty is constitutionally possible. The question hasnt been asked for well over thirty years, so what do we think ATS?
www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 6-12-2021 by Granitebones because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granitebones
If you are not familiar with the case of this poor little guy the details are available but I advise caution because it doesn't get much worse than what was done to Arthur. Something is very broken in a society when this happens and unsurprisingly it has brought about a call for the reintroduction of capital punishment from many quarters.

Now that the UK is no longer an EU member the death penalty is constitutionally possible. The question hasnt been asked for well over thirty years, so what do we think ATS?
www.bbc.co.uk...

No mention of capital punishment in your source.

Mostly here it's London Cab drivers who advocate this "String em up Guv, it's the only language they understand" etc.

I have always been against this but cases like this make me question myself.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   
As far I know the question isnt being discussed in the MSM but there is vehemence a plenty on Social Media
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Read this if you have any doubt these 2 are unsalvageable that poor innocent little boy.

kentlivenews.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Granitebones

True.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Read this if you have any doubt these 2 are unsalvageable that poor innocent little boy.

kentlivenews.com...

I think I would be in favour in cases like this and also for the plotting and commission of terrorism.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

www.bbc.co.uk...

Mostly here it's London Cab drivers who advocate this "String em up Guv, it's the only language they understand" etc.

I do have some reservations mainly around the fact that lawyers would have to act with complete honesty and integrity and that is a big ask

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   

www.bbc.co.uk...

I do have some reservations mainly around the fact that lawyers would have to act with complete honesty and integrity and that is a big ask

Ahem. I'll bite my tongue...

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   
If that's because you're a lawyer I find it hard to believe that you unaware of the disdain and general low regard .

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   

www.bbc.co.uk...

As a prosecutor myself I can say from experience that you won't last long before our Judiciary if you are dishonest in Court, or, God forbid are found out to be deliberately misleading the Court.

They don't take kindly to that.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   

If that's because you're a lawyer I find it hard to believe that you unaware of the disdain and general low regard .

Yeah. I'm aware of it, thanks for pointing that out.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   

www.bbc.co.uk...

As a prosecutor myself I can say from experience that you won't last long before our Judiciary if you are dishonest in Court, or, God forbid are found out to be deliberately misleading the Court.

That is not the same as saying that corruption doesn't take place.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   

If that's because you're a lawyer I find it hard to believe that you are unaware of the disdain and general low regard .

Dont worry the atheists are probably right and you wont burn for all eternity

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   

www.bbc.co.uk...

Never said that. Any complaints about the lawyers in this case? It would have been harrowing for them.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The problem with re-implementing the death penalty is deciding who deserves to die. Eventually every first degree murder, every sex offender and every human trafficking conviction will result in execution because that's what the public demands. This exemption may well become a standard for every inmate who is sentenced to lifetime incarceration, and many will argue that's how true justice should have operated for decades past.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Why don’t sharks bite lawyers?

Professional courtesy.

/jks

The death penalty.

How much does the hangman get paid, again?
edit on 6-12-2021 by Dalamax because: Who’s gunna pull the lever of justice?

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   

If that's because you're a lawyer I find it hard to believe that you are unaware of the disdain and general low regard .

Dont worry the atheists are probably right and you wont burn for all eternity

Hey, I am on the good side. How many perps have you got off the streets?

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

Never heard that one.....

What's the difference between a dead dog in the road and a dead lawyer?

There's skid marks in front of the dog.

Etc.
😉

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   

www.bbc.co.uk...

Never said that. Any complaints about the lawyers in this case? It would have been harrowing for them.

The first sentence of this quoted post is why I have those reservations I mentioned.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   

The death penalty is revenge, and revenge is not for us to have. After reading about Todd Cameron Willingham, I can never support the death penalty ever again. Even in this disgusting, heinous case.

Im sure that the laws allow for some manner of wretched life to befall these people while in official custody. State sanction murder should not be it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join