It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professor Who Wants Pedophiles Called MAPs Agrees To Resign

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   

A professor at a Virginia university who defended pedophiles and said they should be called "minor-attracted persons" is set to resign after facing criticism.

The announcement comes after a video surfaced on Twitter showing the professor talking about using "minor-attracted persons" or "MAP" to describe pedophiles.

Walker authored A Long, Dark Shadow: Minor-Attracted People and Their Pursuit of Dignity and argued in the video that the use of "minor-attracted persons" or "MAP" in the book is "less stigmatizing than other terms, like pedophile."

A petition for university staff and students was started by Kayla Foster, a senior studying criminal justice, calling for Walker's removal from university staff, according to the Washington Post . It gathered more than 14,500 signatures .

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Politics and culture commentator Blaire White examines the MAPS professor. White is herself transgender, but she has the courage to speak out against the woke insanity.

I've known people who were attacked by pedophiles, and I've seen the long-lasting harm it did to them. It greatly disgusts and concerns me that there has been a pro-pedophilia movement behind woke culture all along, and that it continues to escalate. There have always been predators who want to loosen laws and social norms for various other groups, not because they care so much about trans people or gays, but because they dream of being allowed to prey on your children without legal or cultural restraint. I suspect there are more people like this in Hollyweird and in other facets of modern culture than many of us realize. At least parents are standing against it.
edit on 5-12-2021 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Give something a new name from the standard and you common sense prevails. But I still don't understand why the word " gay" is still being used.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Let's hope the formally known as professor doesn't encounter too many violence attracted persons while looking for new employment.

Trying to change the meaning of words doesn't change reality.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   

From that New/Speak - Translation - They FIRED His Pedo Ass .

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 05:14 PM
link   

That’s twisted….
Thank goodness that freak resigned.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Sounds like there are still others teaching this insanity though.

Fairfax County Public Schools announced Tuesday it will reinstate two books that were pulled from high school libraries earlier this fall after the school system received complaints that the books contained pedophilia and sexually explicit material.

The two books — "Gender Queer: A Memoir" by Maia Kobabe and "Lawn Boy" by Jonathan Evison — were removed from FCPS libraries in high schools as a result of public comments during a Fairfax County School Board meeting in September. Both of the targeted books were then submitted to a book challenge under the county school system's process for challenging school materials.

patch.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 05:39 PM
link   

He is just being punished for bringing up a not-so secret agenda.

I've warned y'all for 10 years that pedophilia will eventually become socially accepted.

10 years from now it will be, if we are still under the rule of the Progressive(D)(R) party.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 07:10 PM
link   

When you allow your university and colleges to invest heavily overseas or with companies who function internationally like pepsi you run the risk or global influence creeping in. Our schools in canada were modelled after colleges in the US so there very likely are close similarities today. In canada only about 14%-16% of a university's income is tuition. Most of their income is government contracts and corporate sponsors. In Canada we have major universities who've counted mainland china as a trade partner for decades.

When I read crazy headlines like the statements made by the nutty professor I think it's not domestic, that stuff's being pumped into our schools. That's coming from the outside in. And the 1st thing I'd want to see was an account of that schools trade with enemy nations.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

He is just being punished for bringing up a not-so secret agenda.

I've warned y'all for 10 years that pedophilia will eventually become socially accepted.

10 years from now it will be, if we are still under the rule of the Progressive(D)(R) party.

I really hope you’re wrong.

I have seen the damage they do.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Such a weird story.

The word pedophile isn't terrible , it's just a word. A sound that human animals make.
It's what the word means that brings the stigma that walker is so worried about.

Changing it to maps wouldn't take away that stigma. It would just make the word maps as ( justifiably ) derogatory as pedo.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 08:31 PM
link   

It greatly disgusts and concerns me that there has been a pro-pedophilia movement behind woke culture all along, and that it continues to escalate.

This has been going on long before "woke" was a thing. Can't blame the "woke" for this one. If you look hard enough you can find many peoples defending this aberrant behavior over the years.

I don't disagree with anything you wrote other than that. I know, it's semantics, but words mean a lot to me.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Politicians, Hollywood Elite, Royalty, the 'movers and shakers' of this world have always have a fog of pedophile rumors swirling around them. Funny, they're always debunked until someone falls out of favor- then their years of preying on the vulnerable are 'suddenly' discovered....often with years of CIA and FBI surveillance records.

I can't say for certain that pedophilia permeates the 1%, but when they are exposed it's odd how they've had their 'preferences' covered up by so many for years. Makes me wonder about the rest who have yet to be exposed by more than just persistent rumors.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 09:48 PM
link   
"I've warned y'all for 10 years that pedophilia will eventually become socially accepted"

By who? Parents you somehow think they will allow that situation for their kids? Pedophilia accepted?

a reply to: Lumenari

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

We come a long way, right now a lot of what is considered "normal modern days and acceptable" was unthinkable when our parents and grandparents, were growing up.

I agree, very soon sexual deviance will be the norm.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Back when I was growing up in the 80s I kept hearing talk of the 'slippery slope' when society was trying to normalize being gay. I didnt quite understand it back then, I was just a kid. I heard it all around me growing up in the church as my dad was a pastor. "Accepting homosexuality is the slippery slope that will lead to incest and pedophilia and sex with animals and other things we wont mention." Then came gay marriage and wow....he really started in on it...."Im telling you, we are heading off the cliff...pedophilia acceptance is next!"

I also grew up hearing about the mark of the beast and chip implants and not being able to shop and work if you didn't have it.

I may not agree with a lot of things from my upbringing.... but looks like he has been pretty accurate on some of it.....look where we are in 2021.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Good!! f'ing freak. I have been working on a more suitable name..so far "Child Rapist" has the right vibe.
edit on 5-12-2021 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ConcernedCanadian

Yes I know. I usually find it harder to find credible journalistic reports on such occurrences in Canada, sadly. All the corporate media is basically Canadian CNN, or close to it. For CCP and Great Reset corruption in the States, I have several credible sources I can follow and share. For Canada, all we have is Rebel News. And they are a little theatrical for my taste. We badly need more alternative journalism!

I'm more worried for Canada than the States. Canadians are so agreeable, which can be a good thing, but not at times like these. Seeing what's happening with Australia, a people who are so easy going having this good nature exploited by the criminal elite, it makes me fear for how easily our country can be taken down the same path. With all our major parties controlled by the criminal elite, and all our media controlled by them, and a passivist public, I don't like where I see us headed.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

To a large extent, I suppose. Corrupt politicians twisted 'illegal immigrants' into 'undocumented immigrants', and attacked anyone who used the former as racist. You could argue the same thing, that the new term carries the same derogatory quality, but look at how many people went along with it. Changing a word by itself may not do much harm, but coupled with cultural attitudes and politics it apparently can change things drastically.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: shaemac

I remember similar warnings. I wrote those all off as either bigoted or just views of people who were old and out of touch. I was young after all. Many young people think this way. "It's a slippery slope" was a common wording you'd hear from Church ministers or older conservatives back then. They were right about it being a slippery slope. Somehow many of us just assumed we'd know where the line would be drawn, and that would be it. How naïve we were, it seems.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
a reply to: ConcernedCanadian

Yes I know. I usually find it harder to find credible journalistic reports on such occurrences in Canada, sadly. All the corporate media is basically Canadian CNN, or close to it. For CCP and Great Reset corruption in the States, I have several credible sources I can follow and share. For Canada, all we have is Rebel News. And they are a little theatrical for my taste. We badly need more alternative journalism!

I'm more worried for Canada than the States. Canadians are so agreeable, which can be a good thing, but not at times like these. Seeing what's happening with Australia, a people who are so easy going having this good nature exploited by the criminal elite, it makes me fear for how easily our country can be taken down the same path. With all our major parties controlled by the criminal elite, and all our media controlled by them, and a passivist public, I don't like where I see us headed.

It's a capsizing boat & we're all aboard.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join