It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bob Dole, Old Soldier and Stalwart of the Senate, Dies at 98

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Bob Dole, the plain-spoken son of the prairie who overcame Dust Bowl deprivation in Kansas and grievous battle wounds in Italy to become the Senate majority leader and the last of the World War II generation to win his party’s nomination for president, died on Sunday. He was 98.

His death was announced by the Elizabeth Dole Foundation. It did not say where he died. He had announced in February that he had Stage IV lung cancer and that he was beginning treatment.

Women's cashmere Sweaters - GentleHerd Cashmere
Ad
gentleherd.com
Women's cashmere Sweaters - GentleHerd Cashmere
A Republican, Mr. Dole was one of the most durable political figures in the last decades of the last century. He was nominated for vice president in 1976 and then for president a full 20 years later. He spent a quarter-century in the Senate, where he was his party’s longest-serving leader until Mitch McConnell of Kentucky surpassed that record in June 2018.

www.msn.com...

Wow, my condolences to the family and friends, long time career politician with a long history in his long life.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Am I having a Mandela moment or didn't he die like 20 years ago?

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Bob Dole couldn't be elected Dog Catcher by the Republican Party today.

He is about as popular with Republicans as Mike Pence is.

a reply to: marg6043

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Bob Dole couldn't be elected Dog Catcher by the Republican Party today.

He is about as popular with Republicans as Mike Pence is.

a reply to: marg6043

Well, he is dead so probably wouldn't win an election at this point. I respect his service to our country. He was a college basketball player that quit college to fight in WWII and almost died. Even if you don't care for his politics he should be honored for what he did for our freedom.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Sorry about the advertisement I did not noticed was there before I poste,

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

The truth is he was one of the last real politicians of his time, he was a war hero, almost died for his country, you will not see this type of politicians anymore now or in the near future.

One Era of historical politicians die with him. Is no longer respect for political figures this days.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech

I think the last time he was seen in Public was went he sat down with President Trump the white house, he has been retired from public life for a while already, given his advance age.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 07:47 AM
link   

edit on 6-12-2021 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I thought that he'd passed some years ago...

My condolences to his family.

98 years, a life well lived. Can't say much better than that.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Former Senator and Presidential Candidate Bob Dole never lost his sense of humor.

When writing his farewell letter to America, Dole said he looked forward to learning if he'll be able to cast votes in Chicago elections from Heaven.

Source: thefederalist.com...

Facing death with humor and optimism. Admirable!

top topics

join