It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On divine protection; providence & purpose..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

I've been in the 'upside-down' this past couple of weeks - things have been a bit weird, for a couple of reasons which I won't go into here, except to say that for the first time in a very long time, I've felt really positive since yesterday, when I had an epiphany regarding my own 'purpose', in terms of what I can aim to do for the betterment of humanity, for the sake of posterity, in the generation of a personal legacy.. Sounds grandiose, but essentially what I mean is that I came to a realisation of something truly unique & meaningful that I can aim to do with my life here on Earth - I won't explain in detail in the OP, but I'm setting the scene. It's not that I've never had plans before, only that they've not, as yet, come to fruition. I've tried personal career paths (until I became disabled) then I tried becoming an entrepreneur (but then the 'plandemic' struck, and millions of people like myself were forced back into the hole where they'd intended to plant the first of many foundation stones). I've been monitoring the conspiratorial developments of the plandemic & it's just made me progressively more & more angry at TPTB, totally furious in fact, and my philosophy over the past two years has waned darkly as a result, though I'm ever the optimist, believing that God has good & fruitful plans for us, if we keep the faith, if we keep pressing ahead.

I can only hope that as a world, we come to a place of epiphany soon, that we come to a realisation that the silent majority should stand up & be heard, that the quiet strong should stand up & put these power-crazed elitists back in some special holes made just for them. That in actual fact just such an event would act as the foundation stone for a new society, one in which freedom, justice & grace are worked out in a proactive & ever-evolving manner, as we develop a 'protopia', a type of society which is not formulated to be some misty-eyed utopia in advance, but rather is a pragmatic, meritocratic PROCESS in which we are ever seeking the best embodiment of the fixed values of conscience & ordinary morality, speaking from the perspective of a Christian, of course church & state should remain separate - but church should be listened to, collectively. Just my two cents.

But all this got me thinking, got me wondering, about purpose, and providence - the place where the individual path, God, and the collective meet & merge, betwixt & between.. How does God involve Himself in the affairs of the world, and does He ever intervene in the life of just one person, as well as taking action to affect the lives of many people collectively..? As a Christian, my answer is that yes, according to His sovereign will, He does sometimes intervene to save just a single person from disaster, and sometimes there are seemingly miraculous events where He has apparently intervened to save many people all at once. And surely there must be incidents in which one person is saved, in order that they can affect the lives of the many, in a positive & specific way. For me, some of these questions are not mere hypotheticals, or opportunities for allegories which teach a moral lesson. In my own life, in a very powerful & practically undeniable way, I believe God did at one time intervene to save me from what would otherwise have been certain death.

The event was witnessed by around six other people, and it was a marvel, a true miracle, where the hand of God literally stayed the hands & feet of a violent psychopath who was twice my size - bear in mind that I'm disabled & had no way to fight back; he was absolutely intent on causing real damage to my person - he was blind drunk, with savage rage in his eyes. At the time, I was in hospital. After the impact of my physical health began to get severe, I had a bit of an emotional breakdown, and in the course of being assessed I was being looked after in a low security mental health assessment unit at one of the local hospitals. There was one patient in the unit whom we all knew to be a nasty piece of work - he was mean-spirited, abrasive, and would try to steal from those who were afraid of him. There were a couple of VERY fragile people in there, and this guy would intimidate them & take their stuff. None of us could figure out why he wasn't in the medium security ward instead, but one of the doctors was a bit of a useless prick so we assumed it was his dumb ass who'd made the decision. One evening, this guy had come back to the unit, having broken his agreed curfew by several hours, during all of which he'd been on a serious bender, getting blind drunk. I happened across him in one of the corridors, leaning over the top of this poor timid middle aged guy who was absolutely terrified of him, and as I passed by I put a hand on the drunk's shoulder & pulled him back a bit, trying not to piss him off, but trying to get him to ease back from intimidating this other guy, who was having a full-blown panic attack. I tried to reassure this scared guy, saying he shouldn't worry, and that this guy probably meant no harm, but he'd been drinking - I made that gesture where you imitate tipping a glass up in front of your mouth a couple of times, the universal "He's been drinking" sign.

Well, as soon as I made that sign, the edrunk guy flipped. He went into 'kill mode', and I mean that very seriously. I span around the back of him as he lunged for me, but ended up in a worse position, as I was now backing up, further down the corridor, this guy stomping forward with clear intent, balling his fists, breathing heavily - every sign of imminent severe violence was there. And every door in that corridor was locked - even the one at the very end which was supposed to be a fire exit. I was literally backing into a corner with nowhere to go, and as he pulled his arm back to strike at me, I had a weird moment. I wasn't scared (though to that point I admit I had been) - I was simply ANGRY that this was a completely unjust situation, in which I hadn't even intended to offend the guy, everything had seemed under control until I made the gesture described previously. It somehow triggered him - probably some trauma in his past, who knows. But at the very moment when he was about to strike the first blow, I span round & planted my feet, I raised my walking stick slightly, and shouted "In the name of God!", banging my stick down on the ground with vigour, a symbolic gesture. To my mind, I knew I was about to get beaten crapless - but I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of looking at me while he cowardly beat a disabled man for no reason at all.

Remarkably, the punches & kicks didn't come. Witnesses said afterwards it was as though he had been restrained by an invisible force, someone bigger than him, because he couldn't move any part of his body towards me beyond a snarling movement of his head, as though he were truly possessed with a demon, yanking at invisible restraints, flailing his torso & trying to throw his arms towards me though he simply couldn't do so whatsoever. He literally chomped at the air trying to grab at me with his teeth - and I was just stood with my back turned to him, stick planted on the ground. One of the nurses flew past me & opened a door so I could get out of there, and then a male nurse came running full pelt & grabbed him, knocking him to the ground. They fought rabidly for almost a minute until more male nurses came flying in to restrain him.

edit on DecemberSunday21012CST12America/Chicago-060059 by FlyInTheOintment because: important clarification

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Afterwards, I was shaken up, but I knew that God had stepped in to defend me, when I was completely unable to defend myself, when there was nothing on Earth that could have stopped a savage & potentially fatal attack - I reasoned later that perhaps God stopped the attack precisely because, had he not done so, my time on Earth would have come to an abrupt end. In the years since, I have reflected time & again on how fortunate I was that when I called, when I put my faith into action, when I knew that nothing other than God could save me from what was about to happen - God stepped in, He took action where I was unable to take action, and I reasoned that possibly, that was the case because there remains work here which I was supposed to do - my own individual 'destiny' if you like, something positive & important which would benefit the lives of others. Perhaps it was to raise my sons because they will go on to do great things in the world (& certainly, to some extent, I know that is true enough) - but perhaps it is also to found the non-profit/charity which my epiphany of yesterday is connected to. Until yesterday, I had only had personal plans - "How will I make money for my family & myself? How can I guide my sons in good life choices for the future?"

Yesterday, I happened upon an idea which could literally bless millions of people, if I get the execution right. It's not about me & my family, other than providing a director's salary which will support my family even though my disability means I need really flexible working conditions. But the concept itself, the work which I will be able to coordinate, could help literally millions of people in the third world to lift themselves out of poverty. It was only after having that idea, yesterday, that I realised "This is significant enough, and weird/unique/bespoke enough, that nobody else is doing it, because hardly anyone else knows about this concept, which has arisen out of awareness gleaned from the 'alternative/conspiracy' media. Now, I also happen to be very good at applying for grants, and by a miracle of circumstances I'm also helping someone to develop a database/reporting tool which will interlink tens of thousands of churches in the UK, giving me great contacts to tap into in support of the non-profit/charity I hope to found.

So it seems that God's providence has been at work in my personal knowledge & awareness of the several subjects which are relevant, in preparing the way for the contacts I will need - and His individual & very literal salvation, not only of the soul but also of the body, means that I'm whole & relatively healthy, uniquely placed now to action this plan, which can potentially help millions.

I've posted this because certainly for me, it is thought-provoking. For years I had no clear answer as to why God had spared me from that savage beating & potentially, my death at an early age. But in the space of 24 hours, the full weight of the implications has begun to sink in, and I wanted to share it with you, so that you, if you are feeling uncertain about what the following scripture means, might have hope for the future, trusting over the course of years & years (in my case ten years exactly) that even when you aren't sure of your own destiny - God is.

For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

Jeremiah 29:11
New Living Translation

The caveat to this whole story, is that unless this world wakes up to the devilish works of the architects of the 'plandemic', these plans which I'm now making will perhaps never come to pass. Because if the same evil people are still in charge two, five, ten years from now, I don't know if our world will be recognisable as a place in which ordinary people can launch non-profits/charities to help the third world.. The sterile & top-down controlled world of transhumanist utopia, smart cities, nanotechnology & killer vaccines, simply has no room for God, or charity.

Here's hoping that the silent majority dispatches the evil minority in the proper manner ASAP.

Cheers,

FITO.

PS - I will update the forum when I've set up the charity, so you can see for yourselves just what it is that I'm hoping to do.

edit on DecemberSunday21012CST01America/Chicago-060006 by FlyInTheOintment because: important clarification

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I was at a Bible study once
the teacher said 'how many of you are alive?' (most of us said yes)
teacher said 'if you're alive today, there's a reason for it. God has a plan for you'.

I don't doubt God sends protection. human intervention, angels, changes of heart.
they tried to throw Jesus off a cliff but 'it was not the time' (not sure of exact quote) and He walked away.

do your thing, Fly in the Ointment. Do what God has called you to do and be blessed.

same to all of us here @ ATS. do what God wants you to do and be blessed.
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: add content

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

My story is here somewhere.

I had a similar experience.

I work as a Forensic Nurse. I often have to meet with patients that were recent victims of trauma, mental, and physical.

A few years back I met with a patient in a local ER. The patient appeared to be under the influence of drugs, or was having a psychotic break.

She ran towards me with her hands clenched into fists, and a look of pure hatred and rage on her face. The police, the nurse, and the advocate, were too far away to stop her, but they ran to assist me.

The craziest thing happened. All fear ran from my body. I can't remember that many times before, that I felt such an aurora of peace.

The patient came to a dead stop, right in front of me. The others in the room said it looked like she had run into a glass wall. They were all perplexed.

Later they spoke to each other, trying to come to some understanding to what they saw. They kept asking me how I had stopped her. They knew that I had not moved, and they knew that I had not said one word to her.

They said they were terrified when they saw her run to attack me, and they said they were so surprised when they looked at me, and I showed no fear, and I looked so peaceful and calm.

I can't explain what happened because it happened so fast.

Later, I too believed that I was saved by divine intervention.

edit on 5-12-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Clean up.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Thanks El Goobero, I appreciate your warm sentiment. I will forge ahead & see what can be done with this concept - funnily enough, I have had a large print of a particular painting on my bedroom wall for the past eight years, not a known artist, inexpensive, yet beautiful. Yesterday, after hitting on this idea for a non-profit/charity, I realised that the image represents in precise archetypal form the exact concept which I'm now focusing on! It made me chuckle/smile/wonder at the miraculous providence of the Almighty. I knew there was a reason I liked that painting so much!

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Hi NightSkye,

It certainly sounds like you've had the exact same type of experience as I've described in the OP! Like you, I too had that same sense of immediate peace & serenity in terms of 'whatever the outcome may be'. Although as noted I was angered by the injustice of the situation, at the moment my stick hit the ground all fear had gone, and I was left with tranquility which was nothing short of supernatural.

I'm really glad you had an experience like that - I think it's almost like a special gift, a proof positive of the protective hand & care of God, something which you yourself know to be absolutely true, no matter what others might think.

I've always been thankful for the experience whenever I recall it, but that came into new clarity yesterday when I got such a strong sense that perhaps I had stumbled upon something which will satisfy my drive to do something really positive with my life, particularly as my disability has led to long-held frustrations that I can't help but find it impossible to work in traditional roles.. My need of particular flexibility is just too bespoke for 95% of all bosses to accommodate. I've known for a long time that only by working for 'myself' in some way can I ever be productive in the workplace.. Working in the third sector fits well with my spiritual beliefs, people are sometimes more willing to accommodate those with disabilities within charitable settings, and my unique interests, skills & experience, gained in a really wide variety of settings (on their own being nothing too fancy) when taken together form a 'perfect fit' suitability for what should be an enjoyable (& hopefully effective) directorial role.

Best wishes, FITO.

new topics

top topics

join