It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Automation is the Future

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

You are correct. Zoomers are far less adept. I can't even find the most basic Excel skills to do the most basic functions like summing a column of numbers. Order of operations, from a basic mathematical toolkit perspective, are nonexistent as well.

Ill be corrected on that point.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 05:09 PM
link   
It going to be a while for the parts to become cheap.
Plus computers havent been around past a century yet, and the first ones would take a whole room to process a kilobyte. I remember when 1 mega was a big deal.
edit on 8-12-2021 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhantomAntics
If technology never happened & there was no jobs, I agree. If we are talking about existant technology since a bird put mud to straw or human put wood to wood to create fire & shelter & traps than i disagree. That is automation.

The needs existed before the tech and automation. That would be the jobs that needed doing. Automation didn't create them, they created the need for automation.

So again, you are wrong, automation doesn't create jobs even in this contrived example you posted here.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Automation is good in some cases. But people need work to feel useful and fulfilled in their lives. Most jobs nowadays are useless and dehumanizing, sales jobs, factory jobs, all these things should be automated away. But some jobs like care jobs, teaching, construction and farming should not be soulless.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

k have fun going extict

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: PhantomAntics
Why would anyone be going extinct?

Nobody said automation isn't the future, just that it doesn't create jobs. Something that you were unable to refute. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

there will be atipping point one day that has the people thinking automation will replace more jobs than it creates & then the other people who think otherwise. the ones who think otherwise will win because they are more correct.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: PhantomAntics
It isn't a win/lose situation.

Automation has been replacing more jobs than it creates for a while and people are still just rolling along with what comes.

Your claim that people are going to become extinct because of automation or lack there of is just as unfounded as your claim that it creates jobs.

You have offered nothing in the way of proof for either claim.

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 11:17 PM
link   
PhantomAntics, I totally see your point. I too think automation will end homelessness and hunger. The first generation of concrete 3d printers are making their way onto the scene. It's only a matter of time until the need for human labor on housing consutruction sites is gone. This is a good thing.

Lab grown meat, fruit, and vegetables will eliminate the need for huge farms.

The future is looking bright, automation technology brings the cost of producing goods to zero.

reply to: PhantomAntics

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The exponential trend of technological progress has a disrupting impact on how culture and society works as a whole, never mind jobs and economics. And yes, I think a lot of them are negative externalities from the human perspective. There are a lot of the trends going on, one is that the bar to have a "successful" or even comfortable life financially and socially has risen higher than 60 years ago. Studies are showing that today's generations are more depressed than previous ones, despite on the surface having more rights and freedom than that longer ago.

posted on Apr, 30 2022 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I am sure that the autocrats and the idea of automation don't share much in common. I guess thats where the idea of auto-mobile comes from, makes you mobile and is a machine, thus, automated.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join