It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Computer Ghosts? Time Travelers? Prankster hoax?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Could a computer user in 1984 be in contact with a man in the 16th century as well as someone in the future from 2109?

Many ATS members and paranormal enthusiasts are familiar with The Vertical Plane by Ken Webster, but it was new to me. This recent video is a nice summary of the book, includes visuals, additional background, and best of all, interviews:

My needle on the skepticism meter is very high on this one. It has a very John Titor feel about it, such as the fantasticism of the whole story. It would not surprise me if it were a musing social experiment or a more personal vendetta. In the early days of computing, there was this romanticism of communicating beyond a computer's capability. Currently, if these kinds of messages 'pop up', our skepticism is rightly off-the-charts as the number of possibilities are enormous and jokesters are even a considered part of the computing community.

Still, if spirits are able to be recorded by audio devices, or video cameras, is it unreasonable that a computer could be infiltrated as well?

Do you think a ghost in the machine like this could exist?

Or ye olde computer technology be a portal to the past & future?

Most of all, do you have any personal experiences like this?
edit on 4-12-2021 by saint4God because: Fixed link, grammar, added content.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 11:27 PM
link   
If you walk into a cemetary and try to get spirits to respond to you and the spirits don't answer, are they ghosting you?

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: saint4God

Great video, love the story. You are right, it got that John Titor wipe to it, with the old computer and all.
I would have loved to hear more about it and hoped there was more.

To bad the guy in the past did not specify where he hid the book.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Very likely they are sheeting themselves.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 07:10 AM
link   

I think it's quite clear that Debbie was responsible for this hoax.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 07:26 AM
link   

this reminds me of the movie Frequency

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Actually one of the best pre-marketing campaigns for the book

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Just so you know, I authored a thread a few years ago that got a whole lot of discussion on this book and topic. You will probably enjoy reading over it based on the enormous amount of info in the thread. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1

I think it's quite clear that Debbie was responsible for this hoax.

That is an interesting take I have not seen, would you mind explaining why you believe that is obvious?

top topics

join