It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bless You..King Baby

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   
So the sneeze is actually our bodies way of expelling foul spirits or demons. In some cultures when someone sneezes they pinch at the bridge of their noses to help pull the parasitic hell creature from their body. So of course over the years the response to a sneeze has become 'God bless You', at least here in the US. Weird thing number one. Yea, us being the melting pot and all that we put together oddball crap that really has no meaning..anyway, I digress..King Baby being the first person to hand someone a Kleenex that starts crying in a therapy session. Or the person who can't wait to give condolences at a funeral, there is a surplus of attention and they want some of it. Point is..Does saying "God bless You" when someone sneezes make you a histrionic attention vampire? I think it does, but you're programmed not to know.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: didntasktobeborned

Thought the “God bless you” was based on the plague and the symptom of sneezing as an indication of it’s presence

“What Is Jewish Say When You Sneeze? - chicagojewishnews.com
Search domain chicagojewishnews.comwww.chicagojewishnews.com... › what-is-jewish-say-when-you-sneeze
The plague was characterized by coughing and sneezing, and it is believed that Pope Gregory I ( Gregory the Great) suggested saying "God bless you" after someone sneezed in order to protect them from certain death if they did so. It is also possible that superstition played a role in the expression.”
edit on 4-12-2021 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Sometimes I hope these eccentric OPs are baby AI's making their nonsensical way into the world. Although that's kind of scary, it's not as scary (in a sad way) as the alternative.

Gusendheit!
edit on 4-12-2021 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I was referring to the specific 'God bless You', thanks for the intel. Maybe the Pope had been around indigenous sneezers. a reply to: Raggedyman

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 09:10 PM
link   

At least they don’t say “scuse yo’self #gga” or “what do I look like the motha #ing health inspecta” to be honest I’ve heard even worse from people these days at a gas station.

Personally I believe it’s a polite gesture of folks and it is a lot better then the mind your own effin business idea or the covid madness. Sneezing is as archetypal as being born.

Here bro beer on me

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 09:17 PM
link   

The age old question really is though; how long a window does your significant other have after you sneeze to say god bless before it’s up for grabs for some one else to say it?

I always heard it was because your heart stops when you sneeze though never from a scientific or medical authority.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Ok I'm lost what the hell does this even mean or relate to?

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Personally I believe it’s a polite gesture of folks and it is a lot better then the mind your own effin business idea or the covid madness.

Mid-80's. I'm in NYC for the first time as an adult. First day in town I'm walking around and I see this little old harmless sneeze of a fellow sitting on his stoop.

Being a polite southern boy I said, "How ya' doin'?" or some such. "Mind yer own "effing" business" he snarled.

Being a polite southern boy I could understand that so I did.

edit on 4-12-2021 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 01:19 AM
link   

The modern response, having sneezed, is to loudly exclaim " just a sneeze! just a sneeze!!!"

Then watch half a dozen people return their mobile phone to their pockets and not phoning the police to report you for noncompliance and trying to kill any nearby grannies.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Actually the term "God bless you" came about due to the old legend that one's heart quits beating when you sneeze .
It is asking God to let one's heart beat again .
edit on 12/5/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I was always told it was because the soul leaves the body and its to stop something bad getting in kind of like possession.

Weirdos...

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Human computer interface is one of my side interests. A baby AI making their nonsensical way into the world would be way cooler than a mad fat guy on a keyboard. Anything else I can do to possibly settle your fear, I will.a reply to: The GUT

edit on 9-12-2021 by didntasktobeborned because: didn't want to be scary to anyone

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Hey...I'm a mad fat guy too!

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

That's what the nuns told us in school as well.

top topics

join