It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your favorite series

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Are series of books allowed?

The Chronicles of Amber
Robots and Foundation
Known Space (including Ringworld, but not the Man-Kzin Wars)

For light reading The Collected Stories of Arthur C. Clarke is always a good pick it up anywhere sort of book.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 08:38 AM
link   
All seasons from Fargo
The Office US
The Witcher is pretty good too , it was better then i expected to be honest.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreazel
All seasons from Fargo
The Office US
The Witcher is pretty good too , it was better then i expected to be honest.

Love the Witcher, already watched it three or four times!!

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaemac
I have far far too many. I am a streaming addict. You have listed many I absolutely love and miss.
Right now, my favorites are Succession - and I follow the discussion/analysis of it on Reddit and the new spinoff of Dexter.

I had to start Succession 3 times before it finally stuck for me...then I was glued to it....and binged it far too fast. Participating in the analysis of it on Reddit helped slow it down a wee bit - but that did not start for me until Season 3....and it is fascinating doing that.

I’m in the middle of the new Dexter right now. I had to get used to the new filming style, and it took a min to suck me back in but so far I like it.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

~nervously stands up to admit her dirty secret...~

Hello. My name is Lums and I am a Game of Thrones fan.

~Ducks the litter being thrown at her and runs from the room~

I loved everything about it until… that last season. UGGGGHHHH

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I forgot to mention Better Call Saul, love it.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

So I loved loved loved BB, and I swear I have tried watching Better Call Saul like 10x and just can’t get into it.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   

The first season is slow but it warms up. I thought season 3 was fantastic.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

The chronicles of Amber is one of those works of art that I always recommend when discussing science fiction / fantasy / or if read in a certain light, a documentary, if one could be made, of what goes on inside the mind of a coma or brain damaged patient..

"Re-engraving and altering the pattern" symbolism hits on so many levels.

I've read the books several times and they are just fantastic. I own hard cover versions with intact jackets. That artwork is amazing.

---

a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Purple socks that didn't quite match the cumberbund because I had to buy them at sears..

😆

I miss our games sometimes too, then I remember how you wiped the floor with me six ways from sunday..

/bows deep with respect.

----

I've been watching the new dexter as well, it's moving slowly, but I am hoping the tempo will quicken as the episodes progress.. ..

I'd like to recommend yellowjackets..

It comes on right after dexter tonight, it's like the lord of the flies except it's a girls highschool soccer team, it also shows the aftermath of how the survivors move on .

Respectfully,
~meathead

edit on 5-12-2021 by Mike Stivic because: Stuff things and such

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: shaemac
I have far far too many. I am a streaming addict. You have listed many I absolutely love and miss.
Right now, my favorites are Succession - and I follow the discussion/analysis of it on Reddit and the new spinoff of Dexter.

I had to start Succession 3 times before it finally stuck for me...then I was glued to it....and binged it far too fast. Participating in the analysis of it on Reddit helped slow it down a wee bit - but that did not start for me until Season 3....and it is fascinating doing that.

I’m in the middle of the new Dexter right now. I had to get used to the new filming style, and it took a min to suck me back in but so far I like it.

Yes, I agree. I was not thrilled at first...but because I love Dexter so much...I hung in there and will stay. I am having a hard time with the setting and style....but I am thrilled with the twist and will leave it at that for spoiler reasons.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: Grenade

So I loved loved loved BB, and I swear I have tried watching Better Call Saul like 10x and just can’t get into it.

I watched the first season....and could not get into the 2nd....It is still in my que...and maybe someday when I have run out of things, I will try again. Maybe it will be another 3rd times a charm. haha

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

I've never seen the U.K. version and not sure I've even heard of it. The U.S. version was really great. The guy who played Dirk was awesome and LOTR guy, Elijah Wood was also cool. Like I said it didn't follow the books at all but it really did have the spirit of Douglas Adams work. It's well worth watching.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheResidentAlien
a reply to: shaemac

If you are a Gotham fan, check out "Pennyworth", also co-created by Bruno heller.

I had a free preview of Showtime, IIRC the channel that has Pennyworth, and dug the first four episodes I was able to watch. Alfred was a bad ass before he became Batman's butler.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Pennyworth is amazing.

Absolutely fantastic..

I was actually disappointed they brought in Thomas so early. I vould have had 6 seasons of just Alfred before even meeting a Wayne..

But if that's my only complaint, I'll admit it's just me nitpicking a masterpiece .

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
a reply to: Tulpa

I've never seen the U.K. version and not sure I've even heard of it. The U.S. version was really great. The guy who played Dirk was awesome and LOTR guy, Elijah Wood was also cool. Like I said it didn't follow the books at all but it really did have the spirit of Douglas Adams work. It's well worth watching.

I'll look out for it.

If I recall correctly, the UK one was just a three part mini series with Steven Mangan as Dirk.
Slightly poor casting as Dirk in the book is an overweight guy with glasses but if you overlook that it was still a fun watch.

<< 1  2   >>

join