It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your favorite series

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I think we all can use some escapism right now. There are a lot of series that I love.
So many good ones, Yellowstone, Sopranos, Shameless, The Wire. Yes some of those are older.

I have to say my favorite of all time is Outlander. I think it is a series that has to be watched more than once.
You catch so much more the second time around. Everything about this series is just… amazing.

The two series that shook me to my core.

Foreign film - Yanxi Palace. This is kinda soap operary and mushy, but it was one of the deepest things I’ve ever seen on complicated love. The ending made me wail and shake to the point my family came in to see if I was OK. It was that powerful.

The other one is Madmen. I had to start this Series THREE time. I thought it was sooo boring at first. I’m so glad I stuck with it, it was very profound.

What is your favorite series? I think I’ve seen a lot but maybe there is something out there I’ve missed. It’s getting cold here and there is less to do outside. So it is hibernation time!

edit on 4-12-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I just got caught up on "The Wheel of Time".

It does not follow the book to a 'T", but it is a lot better than I thought it would be.

I have heard a lot about "Outlander", but for some reason I am having trouble getting into it.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I don't watch much telly, but one series I have watched lately was Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency.....pretty silly but lots of fun.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I really liked Farscape. Never understood why so many people didn't like it but each to his own.

Recently started to watch Lexx again to see if it made more sense this time. It doesn't but I like the oddness of it.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
I don't watch much telly, but one series I have watched lately was Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency.....pretty silly but lots of fun.

Even though it didn't follow the books it was pretty great. I loved the idea of swords that are scissors. Too bad they cancelled it.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Personally, the books were superior and great reading but that series was quite enjoyable.

editing because I just found out there's a new one on US TV. I was referring to the old UK one so can't comment on the Netflix version.

The books are highly recommended, still.

edit on 4122021 by Tulpa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 05:48 PM
link   

The Blacklist . James Spader plays a ruthless international criminal, but you can't help liking him.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Ever since Blake Carrington barked the line 'That's right. The Psychiatric Institute no longer considers it a disease. Maybe I should endow a foundation...The Steven Carrington Institute for the Study and Treatment of Faggotry.' I have been a lifelong fan of Dynasty. There are two incarnations of it on the air plus the original reruns. So very funny...

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

The Blacklist . James Spader plays a ruthless international criminal, but you can't help liking him.

My daughter has been nagging me to watch this, it’s on my list.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConcernedCanadian

Ever since Blake Carrington barked the line 'That's right. The Psychiatric Institute no longer considers it a disease. Maybe I should endow a foundation...The Steven Carrington Institute for the Study and Treatment of Faggotry.' I have been a lifelong fan of Dynasty. There are two incarnations of it on the air plus the original reruns. So very funny...

Almost done with the modern version. I love the Crystal character, but everyone hates her.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Catastrophe

Amazon Prime

He, an American ad executive on a conference trip to London. He is handsome, mid thirties, quick witted, funny, an all around great guy. He does have a strong defensive temper though.

She, an Irish school teacher of Irish temperament and a great sense of humor.

They meet at a bar and chemistry takes over. The spend most of that week together, doing stuff together and mostly in his hotel room.

He has to go home and they decide they have
20 minutes to knock out one more. They depart friends and recognize they just had a week to remember forever.

A month later she calls him with the news. Prego. Him being the stand up guy he is drops everything to fly back to London and share with her her decision making process. Nether want to abort so they decide to get married.

Their fondness for each other is warming and their ''fighting nature'' keeps getting in the way. They have several friends who are also going through their own mid life crisises and stuff.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 06:34 PM
link   

This is one of my favorites..

1987-1990

Tour of Duty

For such a low budget show, and for the era.. there was alot of gritty realism that some how made it to air.

👍

Respectfully,
~meathead

edit on 4-12-2021 by Mike Stivic because: Fixed?

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Right now i'm enjoying Yellowstone.

Breaking Bad, Justified, Deadwood and the first 3 seasons of Game of Thrones are all good shows that i've watched over the last few years.

You'd think being Scottish i would have seen Outlander but never given it a chance.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I'm not much of a tv watcher, but my wife and I generally watch an hour of tv together each day. We have very differing tastes. I like science fiction and her favorite genre is the spaghetti westerns. We compromise on British drama. Shetland, Father Brown, Grantchester, Sherlock, Broadchurch, Endeavor, Happy Valley, Outlander and Inspector George Gently were likely our favorites. We also like anything from Masterpiece. Other than those, we watch the original NCIS and NCIS LA. together.
edit on 4 12 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Hmmm,

Farscape is one of my favorites, and I end up going back to Babylon 5 a lot. I liked the modern Doctor Who when it was Eccleston and Tenant as the Doctor, Matt Smith was just OK. Firefly is also one we go back to a lot. Avatar is good also if you can get past the animated aspect.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Carnivale or Flowers, either could be my all time favourite show. I can relate so much to both.

Loved Shameless, english and american.

I'd really like to watch the whole series of MASH again, for sentimental reasons I guess. Childhood, sadness, comedy. Even the intro music used rip up my heart as a little kid and make me feel I was going to cry.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 08:47 PM
link   
So many good ones out there. Here's some of my all time favorites (first ones that came to mind):

Russian Doll
Broadchurch
Homecoming
The IT Crowd
The Boys

So happy to see that somebody else put down Broadchurch, it's truly a masterpiece, lol.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Breaking Bad, I was honored to have been a part of that series as both cast and crew.

Also the short lived..."Preacher" and the just wrapped "Better Call Saul"

A new one I had the pleasure of working on lately is Amazon Prime "Outer Range" Star studded cast.
edit on 4-12-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I know everyone's going to expect me to name one Star Trek show or another as my favorite, but honestly, it's a coin toss between Farscape & Futurama for me.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 09:26 PM
link   
X Files
12 Monkeys
Walking Dead
Shameless
Gunsmoke Many others Western Shows
Seinfeld

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join