It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Yutu-2 Moon Rover Spots a ‘mystery house’ object on the Dark Side

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yeah I don't know why I thought it was 3 days rather than 3 months. I guess I assumed they could go further than .6 miles a day.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I bet it’s that monolith that was found in Utah a couple of years ago. Where has it been hiding out? I want answers.
edit on 7-12-2021 by ColtKC because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 10:08 PM
link   

edit on Tue Dec 7 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Calm down mate. Unless you're a communist sympathizer and haven't been paying attention since time began, the Chinese government lies about everything just like the US government, the UK government, the Australian government, etc., etc., etc.

However, China is particularly good at their propaganda.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Maybe it’s just the vault like in foundation.

That’s sorta like a welcome station

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Type1338

I don't hate communists put it that way anymore than i do capitalists.

Maybe best to take some of your own advice where political ideology is concerned and calm down.

As to sympathy well that's directly liked to our ability to empathise, a requirement, and part of the human condition.

You are in the Space Exploration forum Type1338 where you are the one who introduced politics in to the mix.

China is particularly good, or getting better at a lot of things Space Exploration being one of them, where competition is apt to be a good thing.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I don't hate communists put it that way anymore than i do capitalists.

I'll end this conversation with, you have no sensibility in what you are talking about.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 04:31 AM
link   

And yet i ken what forum i am in and realise China are not the demon you wish to make them out to be anymore than ourselves.

Good luck with the China hatred have a nice day.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 05:14 AM
link   

And yet i ken what forum i am in and realise China are not the demon you wish to make them out to be anymore than ourselves.

While China and the Chinese people are not at fault, the CCP is a dastardly evil bunch. If genocide, forced organ harvesting from religious and political prisoners, etc. is not a deal-breaker for you, maybe you can reflect for a while. Do not mistake disdain for the CCP as "China hate". Many people lump them together out of laziness, but deep down, they know it is the CCP that they are targeting.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

The grass is always greener Halfswede.

We held sway over 2/3rds of the planet for over 400 years.

Where we also practiced diabolical acts of depravity like the above.

Who do you think envisaged the modern day notion of what constitutes a concentration camp?

The British with their Boer war antics.

America has held sway for about 70 odd years and look at the mess they have made thus far with the endless wars and police actions they have been involved with around the globe.

How many nukes have China dropped in anger?

Then there is the fact that both our respective nations practiced the sport of eugenics right up until the 1970s.

Our hands are as dirty as China's paws and then some, make no mistake about that fact.

Don't particularly matter as to the form of government our nations subscribe because its still all about control over the masses.

Drifting off topic all the same don't wish to derail the thread.
edit on 9-12-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 06:29 AM
link   

a reply to: Halfswede

The grass is always greener Halfswede.

We held sway over 2/3rds of the planet for over 400 years.

Where we also practiced diabolical acts of depravity like the above.

Who do you think envisaged the modern day notion of what constitutes a concentration camp?

The British with their Boer war antics.

America has held sway for about 70 odd years and look at the mess they have made thus far with the endless wars and police actions they have been involved with around the globe.

How many nukes have China dropped in anger?

Then there is the fact that both our respective nations practiced the sport of eugenics right up until the 1970s.

Our hands are as dirty as China's paws and then some, make no mistake about that fact.

Don't particularly matter as to the form of government our nations subscribe because its still all about control over the masses.

Drifting off topic all the same don't wish to derail the thread.

I’ll jump in on a part of your argument:

You are judging 400 years ago through the lens’s of today’s ideology. That is a fallacy of thinking. Do you know what was considered acceptable 400 years ago? 300? 200? Your opinion would be different had you grown up in those eras. To judge it by today’s standards is incorrect. You are welcome to think that way but you would be incorrect to pass that judgement because you lack knowledge of what was considered normal and usual during those times.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

Today’s standards are what you are told they are.

Slavery was considered acceptable 400 years ago, yet there are more slaves in todays world than ever before.

What about child marriage where the USA only stopped marring wee girls to 40 year old religious beasts in 2017.

The world spins wdkirk, things may seem to change, but really its just a rinse and repeat of what came before.

Pray tell what knowledge do i lack? and in what area pertinent to the discussion?

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Some gaussian,deblur and edge detection shows it to be 2 or 3 irregular shaped objects, to me anyway.

edit on 9-12-2021 by charlyv because: Spelling, where caught

----

oh, it just occured to me that someone is going to say it is mom and pop ET, and their little one.

edit on 9-12-2021 by charlyv because: Spelling, where caught

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

It's the Moomins on patrol.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I don't "hate China". Some of my closest friends are Chinese who specifically left China because of the oppressive regime. The US government is just as oppressive.

Perhaps you thought the Hong Kong protests that went on for 7 month straight with millions protesting were citizens letting their oppressive government know how much they love them?

lol...Like I said previously...you have no sensibility.

posted on Dec, 12 2021 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Up to 127 Celsius after a couple of weeks of being baked, so no, no melting, but hot cold-cycles will break down rocks over time.

Maybe that is the simple explanation here and it's just a naturally broken down piece of rock.

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 06:02 PM
link   
So any news from the agency? Did they make a move towards the object?

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: belkide

Turns out it's just a rock! Who knew!

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 12:28 AM
link   
One story immediately came to mind:
I don’t remember exactly in what year the Curiosity rover found a mysterious fragment with a perfectly smooth surface among the rocks of the Red Planet. Scientists for a long time could not understand what it was and built dozens of different hypotheses. It turned out to be a piece of plastic from the Curiosity rover.
But seriously, it is unlikely that the Chinese government will allow the disclosure of information (considering how strict they are with this).

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join