It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What outcome in the Smollett saga would you like to see?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I don't think this is death penalty kind of stuff, but there does need to be punishment at the conclusion of a guilty verdict. The arrogant way he has dealt with all this and the smug attitude really needs to be put in check.

I'd like to see a public acceptance of his crime and an apology to both the world and to Trump. Then I'd like to see about 6 months in jail. Real jail. There is a real problem in the country in that rich connected folk seem to be untouchable and able to do anything they want, while everyone else has to play closely to the rule or be hammered by the rules.

I want was Jussie wants. Justice.

Justice for Jussie!

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I would like to see that he gets the max punishment for lying to the investigators at a minimum.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Whatever punishment Jussie receives will be in vein, Will Jussie change his ways, become a different person, a person with value ? Nah.

So what will his punishment serve other than to appease the mob.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Rittenhouse spent what 3-6 months in jail? All over defending himself. I’d say a minimum of 5 years for mailing that substance. Anyone else that did that would be treated as a terrorist.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 07:47 AM
link   
He orchestrated a hate campaign.

The justice system should punish him for it.

The MSM should cover the trial. They should also apologize for supporting the false narrative. Their sensationalistic nature, like the national inquirer, should also be put in check. The narrative was used to further fan the flames of white hate.

He used the incident for fame and the media and politicians used it for political gain.

The ramifications of his actions were far reaching.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Smigg
Whatever punishment Jussie receives will be in vein, Will Jussie change his ways, become a different person, a person with value ? Nah.

It would show that these Hollywood clowns can also be prosecuted by the justice system instead of reinforcing the idea of the 2-tier justice system. They keep playing that game and the justice system will turn into a joke really quick. I feel it’s already a joke but willing to be proven to wrong.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Rittenhouse spent what 3-6 months in jail? All over defending himself. I’d say a minimum of 5 years for mailing that substance. Anyone else that did that would be treated as a terrorist.

that's just it, he's not in trouble for the envelope and white powder. he's in trouble for lying to cops. The mail thing is supposed to be federal, and I thought somewhat illegal, but apparently it's totally cool to send threatening letters with white powder and have the HAZMAT unit have to come clear the substance. They likely needed the practice.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Thrown under the jailhouse and and forced to make apologizes everyday for stoking the racist libtard rhetoric, and fess up that Kommiela put him up to it.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Smigg

One thing for sure, he'll be somebodies bitch in prision.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 07:52 AM
link   
A liberal Democrat punished for breaking the law?
What world are you living in?

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 07:53 AM
link   

The largest book measures 5 m x 8.06 m (16.40 ft x 26.44 ft), weighs approximately 1500 kg (3,306 lb) and consists of 429 pages. The book was unveiled by Mshahed International Group, in Dubai, UAE, on 27 February 2012.

Drop this book on him or throw it at him.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Do a deal.

One year in jail conditional of naming everyone who put him up to it.

Also, every journalist who backed him should have to eat one whole hard copy of every newspaper which contained a supportive article......without water.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Records now show that left-wing billionaire and mega donor George Soros was a huge funder of Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx.

It’s Foxx’s office who prosecuted – and suddenly dropped – all pending charges against “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett and Chicago police are outraged.

www.lawenforcementtoday.com...

I'm betting there's some Soros money being spent on Smollett's defense. General consensus seems to be since Jussie has no criminal record, jail time is highly unlikely. What a shame.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

originally posted by: Smigg

They keep playing that game and the justice system will turn into a joke really quick. I feel it’s already a joke but willing to be proven to wrong.

Jussie is surplus to requirement so justice will be served.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   

At the very least, I would like to see Smollett declared guilty of committing a felony, just to bring him down a peg and humiliate him all over again.

Experts seem to think he'll get probation and community service. I'm sure his attorneys will all try to claim that Jussie already did community service when he negotiated a deal with Kim Foxx that included community service and paying a fine. I wouldn't even put it past Jussie to ask for his fine money back or ask that it goes towards probationary fines in the future. Ultimately, I'm sure his defense will ask that all past service and fines be called a wash and nothing additional needs to be done. It will be interesting to see.

Personally, I'd like to see him do three to six months at a minimum.

Too bad we'll never hear what happened regarding the FBI investigation into his fake anthrax letter that was sent to his employer.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 08:15 AM
link   
There is a difference in what I would like to see and what we will see.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Extremely harsh.
To me, the false accusations of crimes needs a more harsh punishment than the original crime in question.

When claims of racism, domestic violence, sexual abuse, etc are falsely made it diminishes the impact of those real crimes. Oh, another claim of racism... Must be Tuesday....

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   

A hanging.

Too soon?

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Whatever sentence would have been applied to the perpetrators if it had been an actual attack is what he should get.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk
He orchestrated a hate campaign.

The justice system should punish him for it.

The MSM should cover the trial. They should also apologize for supporting the false narrative. Their sensationalistic nature, like the national inquirer, should also be put in check. The narrative was used to further fan the flames of white hate.

He used the incident for fame and the media and politicians used it for political gain.

The ramifications of his actions were far reaching.

^^^ Couldn't have said it any better.

I would also like to see someone look into those that tried to squelch/suppress the criminal investigation (Kim Foxx), but the we all know that won't happen, with any seriousness or severity.

Maybe Smollett should, as part of community service AFTER serving any jail time, consider helping to ratchet down the racist sentiment/narrative he helped construct. Writing op-eds, interviews, etc. could go a long way towards helping to ease the racial animus he has contributed to.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join