It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheppard and the wolf

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 03:54 PM
link   
An old shepherd, who has been tending sheep for over 70 years, was asked by reporters to tell them something special that happened during those years. The reason why the journalists came at all was that the state decided to award him an honorary pension for his 80th birthday, because he had been doing his job honestly for a full seven decades.
At the beginning, the old man defended himself by saying that he was just an ordinary shepherd and he was already uncomfortable that those came to whom no one would have hoped in a dream, let alone that someone else would write about him in the newspaper he was for. . illiterate, just knew they existed. The journalists did not want to leave just like that, and in the end the old man relented and started the story.

He had ordinary stories, but also those that can be told by children by the fire. And then he opened his soul and started a shocking story.
"When I was twenty, I found a little weak puppy in the woods I liked it so I just picked it up with me without thinking. I fell in love with it after a few days. I dragged it everywhere with me, shared it with him all I had.And the dog progressed nicely.No, the villagers teased me saying that it was a wolf and that I should kill it because a great evil was going to happen.How could I listen to them when it grew in my heart.The dog was became big, he was a very smart dog and he helped me keep the sheep.

One late, summer afternoon, the sky somehow pressed. It was clear, but the air was heavy, as if it were going to rain. I entered a hut in the mountains, where there was also a sheep pen that was planting there in the shade of a couple of trees. As soon as I lay down on the bed, my eyes closed on their own. I don't know how long I lay there, only something woke me up. Some grunting and cutting! Everything was kind of muted, so I wasn't sure if I was sleeping or awake. I went out to see what was going on. The door of the hut faced west.

In the direction of the Sun, my dog ​​was sitting. His snout was all bloody, and as he turned sideways, the sun shone through his eyes. It was as if they had two embers instead. Everything seemed so unreal, all the more so because in front of him was a pile of still hot meat from a bygone life. I immediately understood what had happened. I entered the hut coldly, calmly and took off my rifle above the door and went out again. I raised my rifle slightly, aimed it at my wolf's head. He didn't even move. It was as if he felt guilty for gambling my trust, which I had invested in him. I pulled the trigger and he fell.
In order to somehow save what could be saved, I went to the village to pick up one of the villagers and a car. I was a little ashamed that I had not listened to the villagers before. The sun was just setting when we started loading the corpses of sheep into carts. You can imagine how much I was amazed when I came across three corpses of a wolf and one female wolf among the sheep! My heart sank and tears welled up in my eyes. I killed my true friend, I doubted the star in the sky.

60 years have passed since then, and I can't forget that picture, as if it happened today. Since then, I’ve somehow withdrawn into myself. The words reluctantly crossed my lips. I was very careful. It became clear to me that there was no more room in my soul for any condemnation at any time. The price was high, and no one asked me if I wanted to buy that experience. "

I apologize if there is writing errors English is not my native language , and if someone published this story before me I have not seen it feel free to remove it.
I was touched me so much that I simply had to share it with all of you.
edit on 3-12-2021 by Lora73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   
sad but true. many a 'pet' reverts to its wild instincts. there's a reason we don't keep wolves and bears etc. indoors.

so many of us trust someone (or something) and regret it. a sad lesson almost all of us learn.

good job, thanks for posting

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

The sun was just setting when we started loading the corpses of sheep into carts. You can imagine how much I was amazed when I came across three corpses of a wolf and one female wolf among the sheep! My heart sank and tears welled up in my eyes. I killed my true friend, I doubted the star in the sky.

No, he stay a loyal to the end he kills the wolf's not sheep other wolf's attekt sheep and he protects them
edit on 3-12-2021 by Lora73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Knocks you on the head

What are you trying to do turn the world upside down on it's head?

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lora73
a reply to: ElGoobero

The sun was just setting when we started loading the corpses of sheep into carts. You can imagine how much I was amazed when I came across three corpses of a wolf and one female wolf among the sheep! My heart sank and tears welled up in my eyes. I killed my true friend, I doubted the star in the sky.

No, he stay a loyal to the end he kills the wolf's not sheep other wolf's attekt sheep and he protects them

my bad, I missed that line
poor wolfie

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Crowfoot

I also hadn’t read anything like that in a long time, so I just had to share

new topics

top topics

join