It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas MUST be cancelled....here is why

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Annual greedfest. creates more trash every year.

The oil industry needs your support in purchasing byproducts (plastic & rubber etc) use your pollution machines bought by you slave credits to purchase more plastic.

The rich man loves you.
edit on 3-12-2021 by infiniteMeow because: snarky

edit on 3-12-2021 by infiniteMeow because: support loss of oxygen

edit on 3-12-2021 by infiniteMeow because: NLM

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I think the original post was more about the silliness of Black Lives Matter calling on Black people to boycott White business for the Christmas Holiday than canceling Christmas. Of course this would not include a ban on Looting White Business because looting falls outside the boundaries of business activity.

The problem with that is that Blacks complain endlessly that they are disadvantaged, which also means they do not have the financial resources of other people, and if this were true then a boycott by black people on business would be highly ineffective because they would not have enough financial resources to make any significant impact on shopping.

So, I think they should go ahead with their boycott and thereby prove to the world that they do have significant economic impact and are therefore not disadvantaged.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

As far as I am aware Jesus is in the image of those imagining him, thus he is white to white people, asian to asian people, black to black people, hispanic to hispanic people and so on

but I do not really follow any religion so I am willing to be corrected

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Hold on.

But aren’t all card carrying BLM members fat, white, easily led rich kids with a heart but no brain?

They should be able to sway the marketplace by swiping Daddy’s credit card at black businesses instead of white racist nazi fascist stores.

That’ll put food on the table.

a reply to: sraven

edit on 3-12-2021 by Dalamax because: People are strange

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Folks can shop wherever they so choose. If they want to patronize and prioritize Black-owned businesses, they can. If folks want to avoid Black-owned businesses they can. Just like Christians have chosen to patronize and prioritize Christian businesses. Just like Christians have boycotted certain businesses. And just like so many groups have chosen to prioritize or boycott businesses.

It's called the free market. Let people shop where they will. As long as they have no power to force me to do likewise, not my problem nor even my concern.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Wha? You no like outrage?

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Wha? You no like outrage?

Oh my... me? You even need to ask? Lil ole me outraged???

Never... Never in a million years... never in a gazillion years... Never ever ever!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Okay, good, because I just cancelled Festivus, Easter and St. Patrick's Day.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Okay, good, because I just cancelled Festivus, Easter and St. Patrick's Day.

Whew! As long as Midsummer Night's Eve is safe...

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Snowflake alert, snowflake alert.... or just farming for stars and flags? Making up an issue where there is not one?

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpThenDown

As far as I am aware Jesus is in the image of those imagining him, thus he is white to white people, asian to asian people, black to black people, hispanic to hispanic people and so on

but I do not really follow any religion so I am willing to be corrected

I wouldn't say. The one time I saw Him, His face was so bright I couldn't really see it.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I would imagine a heap of pagans and atheists screaming blood murder should they cancel christmas

It’s a people’s celebration, it’s a holiday over a Holy day, it transcends religious movements and faith

Exactly right. Even heathens love Christmas.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Idk, I'd be pretty worried about a possible ufo, with means thay defy physics invading U.S airspace, with a giant army of little green mean in North. With giant white man, more powerful then Odin or Zeus, and Superman next door neighbor.

Sneaking into houses, knowing if I been bad or good, or sleeping, with a big bag tricks, carrying God knows what, saying Ho Ho Ho, out loud to mock us.

I even heard stories of Moms making out with him, and loud noises, an something about candy canes.
Beside, Gentiles is another word for Pagan too, canonical that is.
edit on 3-12-2021 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-12-2021 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I'm keeping the pagan stuff because: more fun.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kocag
You seem to be mistaken. Christmas is not about santa. It's about celebrating the birth of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. There's a reason that Christ is the first part of that word. Christmas will not go away. Nor will the others you would like to see go with it.

But to be a Christian is to be a bigot, a hateful anti LGBT, all the liberals tell us so.

I think she has a point.

I think everyone who isn't a Christian should not celebrate Christmas at all. They can go back to Saturnalia on the 21st, that was their original winter holiday, as long as they don't force us to celebrate it or put their decorations on government grounds or the public square.

Actually since Christianity is offensive to so many liberals I think that they would want to cancel Christmas entirely since Dec 25th was created by a Christian to celebrate Christ as an alternative to the secular Saturnalia.

Also, Christmas has become an orgy of excess, gluttony to the max, greed to the max, causing many to spend money they don't have out of a feeling of obligation. I've been advocating cancelling public Christmas for many years because it has become a perverted "celebration" of greed and gluttony.

edit on 12/4/21 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I'm keeping the pagan stuff because: more fun.

Great, just do it on Dec. 21st the original pagan day of celebration.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

I would imagine a heap of pagans and atheists screaming blood murder should they cancel christmas

It’s a people’s celebration, it’s a holiday over a Holy day, it transcends religious movements and faith

They don't love Christmas

They don't know it but they actually love Saturnalia, which is actually on the 21st. That is the secular and pagan day of gift giving and gluttony . They are celebrating on the wrong day if they are a heathen or hate Christianity.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies
Great, just do it on Dec. 21st the original pagan day of celebration.

No, I'm gonna do it on the fish magicians birthday, the 25th.

posted on Dec, 4 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I like to string thanksgiving, Chanukah, Quanza, Xmas and New Years into one string of Gluttony, debauchery, and merrymaking. But alas working again... double time scale is ok with me.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

originally posted by: Klassified

They don't love Christmas

They don't know it but they actually love Saturnalia, which is actually on the 21st. That is the secular and pagan day of gift giving and gluttony . They are celebrating on the wrong day if they are a heathen or hate Christianity.

Yes yes, I'm aware of all that. I'm talking about a corporate holiday that has zip to do with any religious beliefs. Christmas now has little to do with the past. It's just a time of year that gives us a few days off, a bonus for some folks, and an excuse to exercise excess.

(Sorry for the delayed response. For some reason it didn't show up in my replies and I have been too busy lately to spend much time on ATS.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join