It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alec Baldwin shooting, lies?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 07:33 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

On Oct. 21, Baldwin was rehearsing a scene on the New Mexico set of his planned film "Rust" when a gun he was holding discharged. A projectile from the weapon fatally struck cinematographer Halyna Hutchins.

An investigation into the incident has been underway for a month now, and Baldwin spoke out Thursday night, claiming during a tell-all interview with George Stephanopoulos of ABC News that despite holding the gun, he "didn't pull the trigger."

At first, I just felt bad for Baldwin. Yes, I think he's a dick, but there is no way he wanted to kill anyone, and likely feels terrible about what happened. If nothing else happened, I'd wager that would be the overwhelming public feeling. But it's not.

Now he has come out claiming he didn't pull the trigger, and would NEVER pull the trigger.

But wait:

Baldwin told Stephanopoulos that he cocked the revolver but did not pull the trigger just before it “went off.”

“I let go of the hammer of the gun, and the gun goes off,” he said.

variety.com...

Now it makes sense. Baldwin was using a single action revolver. For those who don't know, single action means you have to physically "cock" the hammer until it clicks, and only then is it ready to fire. You can't just pull the trigger. But, when you cock it, the hammer is controlled by a spring, and if you let go of the hammer before it locks in place (clicks) it will return to it's position with force and if a round is in the chamber, it likely will fire. So pulling the trigger isn't necessary, he just likely had little clue how the weapon actually worked.

So finding this, it to me, doesn't look any different than if he did pull the trigger, but I doubt he meant to kill anyone.

In the end, we have several failures on the set that seem to be at fault here. Very, very poor management of the situation seems to be the largest contributing factor. Live ammo on the set so the crew could shoot cans when not shooting the show. (huge problem), and possibly the biggest issue anyone who knows even a little about firearms is Baldwin not checking the weapon himself, but taking someone's word for the condition of the weapon. That is something NOBODY should ever do. If you are holding the weapon, you and you alone are responsible for the weapon until you hand it back or put it down. YOU and nobody else needs to VERIFY the weapon is unloaded or in whatever condition you wish it to be in. You never, ever take someone's word for it. If Jesus Christ himself handed you a weapon and told you it was clear, you check it anyway. period.

It looks like Baldwin is responsible for this accident, as someone must be held accountable.

This is the firing and "fanning" of a single action revolver.

edit on 3-12-2021 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

If I'm parking my car and you're standing in front of me and I don't put the shift lever past the park detent and you get a inadvertent squishy it's on me.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yes, very much the same thing, but different weapon. Accident, yes, at fault, yes. (IMHO)

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 07:43 AM
link   
They were shooting cans with that boomstick between takes?

With how anti-gun the hollyweird people are, they allowed that to go down... right there on the same property?

Honestly, I'm amazed these nutters have firearms with firing pins installed on set. I would think they'd require every firearm to have the barrel welded shut, the pin removed, etc. These are the poster children for anti gun propaganda, and they don't even take basic firearm safety steps when quite literally playing with guns?

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Your right about a few things, Baldwin is a dick and he held the gun in his hand when it fired. All of the rest is superfluous . He needs to man up, not try to worm his way out of the responsibility. But then he isn’t a real cowboy, he just plays one.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 07:52 AM
link   
The guy does need some weapons training. That is if he is going to continue to be allowed to handle weapons. The question I have here is who put the actual bullet in the weapon? Also. Who in the script was he supposed to shoot for the movie? Was that the target of the person who put the actual bullet in the weapon?

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Baldwin is responsible for the fact he never checked to see if the gun was loaded with a live bullet, he can argue the person who handed him the gun is responsible but as soon as he takes ownership of the gun the responsibility transfers to him.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   

No matter what anyone thinks about Baldwin and his accountability, there should have never been any live ammo on a movie set other than possibly with the security guards.

In a court room I probably wouldn't find him guilty of a criminal action but in a civil court he's dead meat.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
In a court room I probably wouldn't find him guilty of a criminal action but in a civil court he's dead meat.

Pretty much this. He's going to get annihilated with the civil suits.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   

From the article:

“On Oct. 21, Baldwin was rehearsing a scene on the New Mexico set of his planned film "Rust" when a gun he was holding discharged. A projectile from the weapon fatally struck cinematographer Halyna Hutchins.”

So was he rehearsing shooting those two people?

If not what the heck was he doing pointing the gun at them in the first place?

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

apparently he was pointing the gun at the camera, and the shot killed the cinematographer and injured another (camera man?)

There should be film of the accident happening as well. From the being shot angle.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I just saw him on Tv, I rolled my eyes.

Then I remembered,

He is an ACTOR!

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

at this point, his words are important, his means of conveying them, not so much. BECAUSE he is an actor.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Pampered Leftist Hollywood buffoons almost always take personal responsibility for their actions and stupid mistakes.

This is so unusual.

[End Sarcasm]

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 08:40 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I still think its all BS and that women was dead long b4 she ever got to that set

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

apparently he was pointing the gun at the camera, and the shot killed the cinematographer and injured another (camera man?)

There should be film of the accident happening as well. From the being shot angle.

There will be no video.

It will be lost or malfunctioned . Or they will say they were not actually filming at that moment

Because its all a lie
edit on 3-12-2021 by sciencelol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Shortly after this happened, it was stated that the cameras were not rolling. The cinematographer was setting up the cameras, not actually filming. So there is no video.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Hell, I check my shotgun even if I am the only one with access and know if it's loaded or not. All it takes is One. Single. Mistake. Simple common sense at work. More than likely he was blathering away and didn't have enough attention on what he was doing, let the hammer slide under his thumb or more likely using a different finger.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

Shortly after this happened, it was stated that the cameras were not rolling. The cinematographer was setting up the cameras, not actually filming. So there is no video.

Well now thats convenient..

LOLOLOL

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join