It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A bit confusing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Covid is a bit confusing to me and here's why :

Let me give you a little background on myself....
I'm 57 years old and have been smoking for 40 years of that. I was an underground coal miner for a number of years and when the industry started to go downhill, got into construction/welding. So, I think it would be safe to say that, between coal dust and welding fumes, plus 40 years of smoking, my lungs are somewhat compromised.
I eat fried chicken, fried potatoes, fried porkchops, biscuits and gravy and a host of unhealthy foods. Although, I do prefer fruits and vegetables over a bag of chips. I'd rather have a mango than a Snickers. I'm obviously not trying to eat healthy, it's just a taste preference. I'm not overweight.
5' 9" 175 lbs.
Exercise ? Sure. I got out of bed, got dressed, walked to the kitchen and made a cup of coffee, got a raspberry pastry and sat down at my computer. That was my workout for the day.

Late last year, I got Covid. It was a cold/mild flu. Never had problems breathing or anything like that, just felt a little rough for a couple of days. My wife, who has blood pressure and kidney problems had it, along with my son. We all quarantined for 10 days and they both describe the same symptoms. Felt a bit rough for a couple of days and then it was gone. My wife is 46, my son is 23.

A 25 year old, who eats healthy, exercises, doesn't smoke and leads a healthy lifestyle with no underlying conditions gets it and they're dead in 2 weeks.
Why does it hit some so hard, but the ones it should effect the most [ Like me ] it's just a cold.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I have wondered the same. I have friends and family who have got covid. Most had mild symptoms, most weren't really sick, and almost NONE went to the hospital. But one friend and his wife (both friends, I just knew him much longer) got sick and were in really bad shape, Hospital for over a week and took several weeks to recover. There was a point where they were afraid of dying. Most of who I know are unvaxed. The couple was unvaxed, and vocal about it. I honestly don't know if it's different variants that cause more damage, or just some folks get it worse than others.

But there is a distinct difference in some.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

I'm 57 years old and have been smoking for 40 years of that. I was an underground coal miner for a number of years and when the industry started to go downhill, got into construction/welding. So, I think it would be safe to say that, between coal dust and welding fumes, plus 40 years of smoking, my lungs are somewhat compromised.
I eat fried chicken, fried potatoes, fried porkchops, biscuits and gravy and a host of unhealthy foods. Although, I do prefer fruits and vegetables over a bag of chips. I'd rather have a mango than a Snickers. I'm obviously not trying to eat healthy, it's just a taste preference. I'm not overweight.
5' 9" 175 lbs.
Exercise ? Sure. I got out of bed, got dressed, walked to the kitchen and made a cup of coffee, got a raspberry pastry and sat down at my computer. That was my workout for the day.

Late last year, I got Covid. It was a cold/mild flu. Never had problems breathing or anything like that, just felt a little rough for a couple of days. My wife, who has blood pressure and kidney problems had it, along with my son. We all quarantined for 10 days and they both describe the same symptoms. Felt a bit rough for a couple of days and then it was gone. My wife is 46, my son is 23.

A 25 year old, who eats healthy, exercises, doesn't smoke and leads a healthy lifestyle with no underlying conditions gets it and they're dead in 2 weeks.
Why does it hit some so hard, but the ones it should effect the most [ Like me ] it's just a cold.

Other than mining and smoking, describes much of my life though I need to add about 15 years worth of drinking and drugs. Mind you, I was awake most of the night with a wicked pain in my toe, of all things. Covid toe? Hmm. Nah. Probably gout.

I wonder if it might just be genetic differences in people and if that might be why even regular colds/flu/stomach bugs are always different for different people. There might be a pattern to it if it was researched.
edit on 2-12-2021 by igloo because: forgot a word

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Viral load upon infection.

I'm convinced that accounts for many of the differences.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Lifestyles, even if generally accepted as bad can in fact impede a specific illness. Take Cholera. Heavy drinkers were not getting it because beer was killing it. That is when they knew it was a water born disease and not air.

I don't pretend to be a scientist but it should be obvious by now the vaccines are harming some people. Could be bad batches, could be something involving adipose (fat cells), could be both.

The sad part is we likely never will know unlike Cholera. Entire Governments are now compromised and can no longer be trusted on any level. They also know we are on to them hence the reason for extreme lockdowns and labeling anyone who disagrees with them an enemy of the state. If the truth ever gets out though heads are going to literally roll.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I have wondered the same. I have friends and family who have got covid. Most had mild symptoms, most weren't really sick, and almost NONE went to the hospital. But one friend and his wife (both friends, I just knew him much longer) got sick and were in really bad shape, Hospital for over a week and took several weeks to recover. There was a point where they were afraid of dying. Most of who I know are unvaxed. The couple was unvaxed, and vocal about it. I honestly don't know if it's different variants that cause more damage, or just some folks get it worse than others.

But there is a distinct difference in some.

I’m convinced it’s people with kidney issues, maybe some don’t even know they have kidney problems.

Also, smokers seem to have some protections, their lungs are probably too damaged to hold onto much.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Some rumor was, smoking damages ACE Receptors.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   

5' 9" 175 lbs.

It's because the virus is man made.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Viral load upon infection.

I'm convinced that accounts for many of the differences.

That is a good possibility. A persons general toxicity may be an issue also. There are probably many factors. A high level of stress is always a big negative.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   

It's a weird disease for sure. 99% of symptoms are just flu but there's like a weird haze I see reported a lot. I'm 25 and healthy (5'11" 145lbs) and I had 2-3 days of rough flu symptoms plus a weird brain fog, then it was pretty much clear after that. My wife had super super mild symptoms (to the point she would barely admit she had it) and is in the same boat as me health wise.

What was funny too was that we were having our hardwood redone so at first I just thought it was fumes from the polyurethane.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Antibody Dependent Enhancements. The virus is binding with the vax antibodies, but they are not able to stop the virus from entering the cell. The antibodies are then incorporated into the viro cell, which causes it to produce mutated virus replicates that may feed on or totally be unaffected by the antibodies created by the half baked vax since parts of them are now parts of the newly mutated virus.

This has happened repeatedly with legitimate vaccines that went through thorough testing, and caused them to be recalled. Now they have a test group of roughly 1 billion for each vax manufacturer, and they claim this is not an issue without really looking, even though in the past it took them years to see, and was often missed in trials.

You only need 1 ADE case out of the billions vaxxed to create a new strain. What if it happens to 1:10,0000 people, thats a lot more mutations. To assume ADE is not occurring is ignorant of history, and extremely arrogant of anyone claiming it is not part of this equation. Explaining everything is much easier if you assume ADE is true.

If you take ADE out of the mix and believe them at face value, then natural selection is taking place and the virus is evolving to live in vaxxed people, because that's what it primarily encounters. This also make it more infectious, since it needs to spread while living in someone with the vax.

We are either mutating it with the vax directly, or we are accelerating evolution with a porous vax. Take you pic, both are scientifically sound arguments. One, if not both are true for certain.

What is ADE, and the offical narrative regarding COVID
edit on 2-12-2021 by TrollMagnet because:

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: JAGStorm

Some rumor was, smoking damages ACE Receptors.

Dunno, but there is likely something to it -- I know a hell of a lot of smokers and tokers, none of the smokers got sick beyond normal degrees of illness, and neither did any of the tokers. That's not saying the sniffles didn't go around, they did bigger than # in the metro last year.

But the smokers of both varieties came out of it quicker, and more up to par than the "healthy" folks have. That says something very important, that no one wants to touch -- healthy living might be the Achilles Heel here. Maybe healthy isn't so healthy after all, and we're not supposed to organically operate in tip-top shape after all? There may be more to All Things In Moderation than just what we shove in our faces.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
I remember the discussion early on about smokers in China and Italy(I think) being less likely to be hospitalized. That story went away, hmmm...

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: igloo

5' 9" 175 lbs.

I wonder if it might just be genetic differences in people and if that might be why even regular colds/flu/stomach bugs are always different for different people. There might be a pattern to it if it was researched.

I've wondered that too, having had a light flu-like case of it myself, and the fact that I spent 30 years in the education system around adorable 9-yr-old petri dishes, and never took a flu shot.
This also makes me wonder if there is a correlation between people who got an annual flu shot for years, and then had a bad case of covid. Maybe their immune system was screwed up from constant tampering.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Targeted genetics.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I think there are many genetic factors that we should be considering.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I don't know why [insert random disease name] has variable outcomes in different people, in different situations...

Clearly, it's because...

edit on 2/12/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Admit it. That raspberry “pastry” is a pop-tart.

You obviously have hardy genes. Some people are just weak. Weak internally. Bad composition

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I don’t understand it either. Me and my gf were tested and diagnosed the Sunday before thanksgiving. We both had chills, slight congestion, body aches, she is still dealing with a cough, and I lost smell and taste (made thanksgiving dinner a feast of mouth feels) I’m slowly regaining both. I’m slightly over weight and a smoker, she is really healthy.

Just a few months ago we had a friends sister and former coworker who was 22 years old. She caught it and was hospitalized within a few days. They then transferred her to a bigger city hospital and she passed away within hours of arriving at the other facility. She was also slightly overweight, but had no other health problems.

It almost seems random.

new topics

top topics

join