It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: Is Omicron Variant a Natural Mutation or Man Made?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I have had the idea that when they were working up SARS CoV-2 in the GOF studies, that they must have had a number of versions they were working on. I wondered if the original pandemic strain was a less developed version than others they had when the pandemic started. I suspected that they were also working on vaccines in parallel that hadn't been fully developed.

A post by MapMistress in the "Covid-19 week 48 repository" thread got me thinking about this idea again.

What's worrisome about Omicron is that the majority of "mutations" are designed, all together in one strain, to make Covid better able to evade the immune system.

The use of the word "designed" (several times in the post), the connection to evading the immune system and the illustration of the Omicron mutations that shows the areas of insertion/deletion and mutation of the proteins, stood out and brought to the surface of my mind the thought that this might be the latest lab grown bio-weapon that "got loose".

www.abovetopsecret.com...

After a search on a half dozen search engines, I could only find one reddit post on this conspiracy theory and why they choose South Africa for it's testing grounds.

www.reddit.com...

I'm just putting this out there to see what ATS members think or what they may have found that might support or refute this conspiracy theory I propose. I even tried Yandex search and came up with similar nothing burgers except the reddit post.
edit on 2-12-2021 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

When I saw how many mutations it has, first thought was Little Fauci and his boys a Wuhan done cooked up one that will keep the boosters coming. If this doesn't work, they'll do another. It's gonna be a never ending cycle.

edit on 2-12-2021 by TomCollin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TomCollin

Supposedly China has discovered an antibody that will attack all corona variants that could lead to new therapies and vaccines that will end this once and for all. I don't trust any government and the one in China I have zero trust.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I avoid to the best of my ability any thing that goes into my body made in china. I know I probably get some things from china into my system, but it's not due to knowledge that it comes from there.

If it's a U.S. based company, or any other for lack of a better term 1st world country that has a factory based there, that has it's own quality control people in place and has a decent reputation I might go ahead. But if from some company named Chang Ze Mfging Blank that sh@@.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Actually a good question here is that should we man make a variant. If Omicron is as 'mild' as reported.. Isn't this a good thing? If Covid becomes like a common cold, then who cares about it... In this case, if the symptoms are as 'mild' as reported and if it was man made then hats off to whoever made it.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: mzinga

I can see your point and it might well be the reasoning used when Omicron is found to be genetically altered rather than a natural mutation. Either way, I am beginning to believe that this variant is one of concern if it's better capable of disabling the human immune system like the airborne AIDS I believe it was designed to be.
edit on 2-12-2021 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Since it is (apparently) more contagious but has reportedly much milder symptoms, i’d say a natural evolution.

Viruses, like all lifeforms and exist to propagate themselves, over time they gradually adapt to their environment.

A virus is dependent on it’s host as it’s environment and strains with worse symptoms are less likely to propagate than those with milder ones. Simply because the host will seek treatment (or even die) from symptoms which does the virus no good at all. Milder symptoms are much more likely to go untreated or unnoticed.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Has anyone anagramed delta omicron into media control yet?

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   

How many Variants™ were there in 2020, when Covid-19™ was supposedly ravaging the planet ?

How many Variants™ have there been since the Vaxx™ campaigns started ?

Must be just a coincidence...

Waaaaay back in March 2020, Nobel-Prize winning virologist Dr. Luc Montagnier had a look at the electronically generated genome, and said on live TV that it was the work of a fine craftsman.
They made him a laughing stock...

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Since it is (apparently) more contagious but has reportedly much milder symptoms, i’d say a natural evolution.

Viruses, like all lifeforms and exist to propagate themselves, over time they gradually adapt to their environment.

A virus is dependent on it’s host as it’s environment and strains with worse symptoms are less likely to propagate than those with milder ones. Simply because the host will seek treatment (or even die) from symptoms which does the virus no good at all. Milder symptoms are much more likely to go untreated or unnoticed.

Of course, natural viruses will do that, but what better way to keep hidden from the immune system if we are talking genetically modified. Subvert the immune system while producing mild symptoms until the process is complete and you die of some unrelated infection.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I think it's "man made," meaning some man made it up.

Yeah, I don't believe it even exists. It is nothing more than s share tactic, another party of this magic psyop that's being perpetrated on the world.

I'm other words, is a big, steaming pile of bovine veces.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConcernedCanadian

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Whatever the source, I hope it spreads like wildfire.

In 23 Countries - ZERO Deaths? Wow: www.npr.org...

The USA now has 48 million citizens who have recovered from Covid-19 and therefore need not take the experimental vaccines, or boosters.

With luck, the Omicron variant can get that number over 100 million. That would be 1/3rd of America (mostly) Immune to Covid-19 infections, going forward.

per CDC Statement: www.cdc.gov...

edit on 12/2/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Whatever the source, I hope it spreads like wildfire.

In 23 Countries - ZERO Deaths? Wow: www.npr.org...

The USA now has 48 million citizens who have recovered from Covid-19 and therefore need not take the experimental vaccines, or boosters.

With luck, the Omicron variant can get that number over 100 million. That would be 1/3rd of America (mostly) Immune to Covid-19 infections, going forward.

per CDC Statement: www.cdc.gov...

Unless the mild symptoms and zero deaths (for now) are added functions of this new and improved weapon that we were unaware was/has been created already.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I posted this link in the corona virus mega thread yesterday-
A theory being looked into by south african doctors is that the new variant came from an untreated HIV infected person-

Professor Richard Lessells, an infectious diseases expert at the KwaZulu-Natal Research and Innovation Sequencing Platform (KRISP), part of the team that first alerted the world about the spread of the new B.1.1.529 variant, said it is likely that the new variant was incubated in an untreated HIV/Aids patient.

"It doesn't seem to have emerged from a normal evolutionary process," Prof Lessells told The Telegraph.
"There's been an evolutionary jump.
This hasn't evolved from the delta variant."

Prof Sharon Peacock, Director of COG-UK Genomics UK Consortium, and Professor of Public Health and Microbiology, University of Cambridge, said this genetic difference was the clue - as it had also been with alpha. “The genetic difference of B.1.1.529 has led to the hypothesis that this may have evolved in someone who was infected but could then not clear the virus, giving the virus the chance to genetically evolve (the equivalent of an evolutionary gym)," she said.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Im not sure I totally get the theory,but I think it means omicron arose because another strain could "live" inside this person with HIV much longer than a non HIV person,thus allowing many different mutations to arise..

Just another theory I suppose.
Im still going with the "tweaked in the lab by you know who and released intentionally" myself.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Okay, spill please.

I've put this through a few annagrammers and received some interesting, if not worrying results but can you tell us exactly what you got from it please?

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TomCollin

I avoid to the best of my ability any thing that goes into my body made in china. I know I probably get some things from china into my system, but it's not due to knowledge that it comes from there.

If it's a U.S. based company, or any other for lack of a better term 1st world country that has a factory based there, that has it's own quality control people in place and has a decent reputation I might go ahead. But if from some company named Chang Ze Mfging Blank that sh@@.

I remember thinking 10 years ago that this was a joke. Not in a million years could this ever happen.

Today........ Not so much.

The commercial is set in the year 2030, and the main character is a Chinese professor that is seen lecturing his students on the fall of great empires.

As images of the United States are shown on a screen behind him, the Chinese professor tells his students the following about the behavior of great empires: "They all make the same mistakes. Turning their backs on the principles that made them great.

America tried to spend and tax itself out of a great recession. Enormous so-called "stimulus" spending, massive changes to health care, government takeover of private industries, and crushing debt."

Perhaps it is what the Chinese Professor says next that is alarming the big television networks: "Of course, we owned most of their debt, so now they work for us".

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

Above question to you too. ☝

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: mzinga

I think this strain is man made. Too many people were sniffing around the gain of function research, so now they can say similar to, "Look! The virus mutated to be less severe, but more contagious, just like a real virus in nature should! How could it be man made if it were to do that?"

Now how long until they start claiming that because this strain is less severe, the next one will be worse? That's when they'll release the doozy.

Side question: Does anyone still truly believe the virus didn't come from the Wuhan lab?

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   

You are making assumptions that there was gain of function research going on at Wuhan.

The papers that came out of the research there show no evidence of gain of function research, nor do the lab notes examined by several international teams of investigators.

That doesn't mean it didn't happen. Just that if it did, it was completely 'off book'. Also, to do such work would take significant time and lab resources. The time of the lab researchers is accounted for doing the work represented in what they have published.

Read the reports of the investigators, rather than the media pundits.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join