It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German Meta Study: An Aggressive Vitamin D3 Campaign Could Have Avoided Most COVID-19 Deaths

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 09:03 PM
link   

COVID-19 Mortality Risk Correlates Inversely with Vitamin D3 Status, and a Mortality Rate Close to Zero Could Theoretically Be Achieved at 50 ng/mL 25(OH)D3: Results of a Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
by Lorenz Borsche
1,*, Bernd Glauner
2 and Julian von Mendel
3 [ORCID]
Independent Researcher, D-69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Independent Researcher, D-72076 Tübingen, Germany
Artificial Intelligence, IU International University of Applied Sciences, D-99084 Erfurt, Germany
Abstract
Background: Much research shows that blood calcidiol (25(OH)D3) levels correlate strongly with SARS-CoV-2 infection severity. There is open discussion regarding whether low D3 is caused by the infection or if deficiency negatively affects immune defense. The aim of this study was to collect further evidence on this topic. Methods: Systematic literature search was performed to identify retrospective cohort as well as clinical studies on COVID-19 mortality rates versus D3 blood levels. Mortality rates from clinical studies were corrected for age, sex, and diabetes. Data were analyzed using correlation and linear regression. Results: One population study and seven clinical studies were identified, which reported D3 blood levels preinfection or on the day of hospital admission. The two independent datasets showed a negative Pearson correlation of D3 levels and mortality risk (r(17) = −0.4154, p = 0.0770/r(13) = −0.4886, p = 0.0646). For the combined data, median (IQR) D3 levels were 23.2 ng/mL (17.4–26.8), and a significant Pearson correlation was observed (r(32) = −0.3989, p = 0.0194). Regression suggested a theoretical point of zero mortality at approximately 50 ng/mL D3. Conclusions: The datasets provide strong evidence that low D3 is a predictor rather than just a side effect of the infection. Despite ongoing vaccinations, we recommend raising serum 25(OH)D levels to above 50 ng/mL to prevent or mitigate new outbreaks due to escape mutations or decreasing antibody activity.

COVID-19 Mortality Risk Correlates Inversely with Vitamin D3 Status, and a Mortality Rate Close to Zero Could Theoretically Be Achieved at 50 ng/mL 25(OH)D3: Results of a Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis

So, more evidence that if doctor Death Fauci/Government would have waged an aggressive campaign in favor of treatments with Vitamin D3, this could have stopped most COVID-19 deaths...

Remember that the lying mainstream media, lying Dr. Death Fauci and other doctors alongside most democrat leaders and RINOs they all claimed/claim that treatments for COVID-19 do not work and that a vaccine program was necessary. Well, this meta-analysis suggests the contrary, and we are talking just about one simple and inexpensive treatment, the use of Vitamin D3 supplements...

Imagine if other treatments were included as advice like Hydrochloroquine, ivermectin, etc... it is theoretically possible that most deaths of COVID-19 could have been avoided from the start if the people we are supposed to listen to, like Dr. Death Fauci, actually said the truth.

It is time to start class action lawsuits against these liars whom are all complicit and whom helped cause so many Americans, and people from around the world, to die because they all claimed treatments for COVID-19 are a myth...

edit on 1-12-2021 by ElectricUniverse because: add, correct comment and bold excerpts.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

From the conclusions section of the study that you've linked:

Although there are a vast number of publications supporting a correlation between the severity and death rate of SARS-CoV-2 infections and the blood level of vitamin D3, there is still an open debate about whether this relation is causal. This is because in most studies, the vitamin D level was determined several days after the onset of infection; therefore, a low vitamin D level may be the result and not the trigger of the course of infection.

Although there exists very broad data-based support for the protective effect of vitamin D against severe SARS-CoV-2 infections, we strongly recommend initiating well-designed observational studies as mentioned and/or double-blind randomized controlled trials (RCTs) to convince the medical community and the health authorities that vitamin D testing and supplementation are needed to avoid fatal breakthrough infections and to be prepared for new dangerous mutations.

In other words: "we've noticed a correlation and more research is needed to figure out what is going on".
edit on 1 12 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Great reminder with winter coming up to stay on top of popping our D3. I take mine with K2. Thanks for the reality check.

Belle

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I'm not saying that you shouldn't be already keeping your vitamin D level at a level considered normal. That will certainly help keep you healthy but taking too much of the stuff is harmful.
edit on 1 12 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

I'm not saying that you shouldn't be already keeping your vitamin D level at a level considered normal. That will certainly help keep you healthy but taking too much of the stuff is harmful.

I'm pretty sure that "modern science" is behind the curve when it comes to D3 although we should be talking about Cholecalciferol.

Let's look at the numbers for fun...

Since 2010, the recommended daily allowance (RDA) of vitamin D falls between 600 and 800 International Units (IU) per day (based on age).

However, new research suggests adults may actually need at least 2,000 IU of vitamin D every day to maintain a healthy level in the body and reap the most benefits.

They also figure that roughly half of American citizens suffer from D3 deficiency. Some of that is dietary, but the majority of it is that we don't allow our own bodies to make D3 naturally.

Under ideal conditions, the human body is able to produce as much as 10,000 IU to 20,000 IU of vitamin D3 in just 30 minutes.

Using this thing we have access to called the sun and involving all of our major organs to produce it.

So are you and the scientists you listen to really trying to say that if I expose my back, arms and legs to sunlight more than 30 minutes three days a week that it is dangerous?

Or are you saying that our own bodies were just built wrong... otherwise, how can a naked human wandering around in the environment make 200,000 IU of D3 per day and survive?

edit on 000000012America/Chicago12pmWed, 01 Dec 2021 23:24:34 -060024 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: tamusan
You would have to take 60000 i.u.'s a day for it to be 'harmful' i.e. sickness and sore stomach.
That's a whole bottle of average tablets a day.
Only a lunatic would eat a whole bottle so stop with the propaganda please.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari
First, I should clarify that I didn't specifically say that having good levels of vitamin D is not going to help prevent a moderate or severe sars2 infection, because I believe it will help. What I specifically meant was that this study itself is saying the results are inconclusive.

My own personal physician told me to start taking 2000 IU a day many years ago. I believe it really depends on who your doctor is. Some don't really keep current, while others slept and partied through school.

You are correct in saying that most deficiencies are diet-related or from the skin not synthesizing enough of it. However, deficiencies are also caused when the liver or kidneys do not adequately perform their steps in the hydrolyzation process. Hydrolization results in 25-hydroxyvitamin D entering the bloodstream. That is what we test for to determine if a person has healthy amounts in their blood. I don't believe a person with a healthy level needs a supplement.

Or are you saying that our own bodies were just built wrong... otherwise, how can a naked human wandering around in the environment make 200,000 IU of D3 per day and survive?

I don't feel like looking it up, but I recall that it is thought that primordial humans only lived for something like 16 years. If that is the case, they are hardly a model for longevity. A lot of the problems that we now have as we age are specific to our longer lifespans. Also, it is D2 that we get from the sun. That is much different than D3.
edit on 2 12 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

You would have to take 60000 i.u.'s a day for it to be 'harmful' i.e. sickness and sore stomach.
That's a whole bottle of average tablets a day.
Only a lunatic would eat a whole bottle so stop with the propaganda please.

You should do some research using credible sources. Anything over 4000 IU/day will lead to Vitamin D toxicity if taken over a period of several months. For one thing, hypervitaminosis D leads to hypercalcemia, aka a buildup of arterial calcium and phosphate. Hypercalcemia can cause a wide range of health problems. There are also other conditions that it can also lead to, but I don't care enough about your health to keep typing.

so stop with the propaganda please

This website is never short on comedy.
edit on 2 12 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

From the conclusions section of the study that you've linked:

Although there are a vast number of publications supporting a correlation between the severity and death rate of SARS-CoV-2 infections and the blood level of vitamin D3, there is still an open debate about whether this relation is causal. This is because in most studies, the vitamin D level was determined several days after the onset of infection; therefore, a low vitamin D level may be the result and not the trigger of the course of infection.

Although there exists very broad data-based support for the protective effect of vitamin D against severe SARS-CoV-2 infections, we strongly recommend initiating well-designed observational studies as mentioned and/or double-blind randomized controlled trials (RCTs) to convince the medical community and the health authorities that vitamin D testing and supplementation are needed to avoid fatal breakthrough infections and to be prepared for new dangerous mutations.

In other words: "we've noticed a correlation and more research is needed to figure out what is going on".

BUT... we can take this further.

Thinking, let's say there is a set D3 value at which infection becomes severe, fx. 15.
Then we assume that the infection causes a reduction of 25. If the initial value in the individual was fx. 35, he or she ends up at 10 which is lower than our 15.

So it still makes sense to up the level, because even if it was a cause from Covid, there could still be a correlation.
I would imagine administering D3 is pretty cheap and easy to do. So why not try it... We have nothing to lose and it's better than this toxic # we have injected in ourselves.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: flice

By the time patients hit the icu, low vitamin D could be one of many possible problems they are having. If the low levels are directly caused by the virus, then I believe it is going to be related to kidney function. The virus disrupts that in many ways. The connection I am making here between the kidneys and vitamin D is how they are responsible for the reabsorption of vitamin D. If a person starts out with a healthy level that depletes over time, then the kidneys are going to be the culprit. If the levels are low because the kidneys are failing, increasing vitamin D is not going to fix it. 

Otherwise, I believe that optimal serum levels of vitamin D from the start aid the immune system and that could possibly prevent a severe infection to begin with.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Despite false claims to the contrary, science is NEVER settled. Science is always evolving and new things are learned that debunk old ways of thinking. Every scientific study should always lead to more and more and more studies. That's the truth of science. So your argument that "more studies are needed hence we shouldn't listen to this" is a fallacy, because in science "more studies and research is ALWAYS needed."

I find it very telling how you avoid pointing out how the research itself states:

Regression suggested a theoretical point of zero mortality at approximately 50 ng/mL D3. Conclusions: The datasets provide strong evidence that low D3 is a predictor rather than just a side effect of the infection. Despite ongoing vaccinations, we recommend raising serum 25(OH)D levels to above 50 ng/mL to prevent or mitigate new outbreaks due to escape mutations or decreasing antibody activity.

Your claim that because the research calls for more research and that is enough to dismiss the other conclusions is at least disingenuous. Science is never settled.

It is also very telling how those who kept blaming President Trump even when he shut down most travel from China, still the left/anti-Trumpers kept blaming him for COVID-19...

Well, since Biden has been in office MORE Americans have died of COVID-19 meanwhile this criminal administration does not test illegals, and does not force them to be vaccinated...

More Americans have died of Covid in 2021 than 2020, despite vaccines: CDC data

So it is time to impeach China Biden and every democrat and RINO leader that helped in making this pandemic worse meanwhile giving excuses for China whom is at fault, alongside Fauci and the Obama/Biden administrations for this so called "pandemic" which has a survival rate of 98.6% for all Americans/U.S. legal residents, and 99.4%-99.6% for Americans/legals U.S. residents whom are less than 70 years old.

edit on 2-12-2021 by ElectricUniverse because: correct excerpt and add excerpt and link.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   
stay at home. dont take your sunshine vitamin D3.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I didn't say anything was settled. I didn't exactly dismiss it either. I said the study itself says more research is needed. I also said that keeping your vitamin D at a healthy level would help keep you healthy, and that was meant to be inclusive of a sars2 infection. Which is more or less what the study is saying. What I said about kidney failure is a fact and is a separate issue from preventing a serious illness. At that stage, they are well into serious illness.

I've also never said Trump badly handled the pandemic anywhere on this board. I've said a few times here that I liked his idea of letting it burn through the population. He also set up the program that gave us our vaccines. As far as travel shutdowns go, my only sentiment on that is how they are often too late, and that is not specific to just Trump. My posts are relatively free of politics. IDGAF about most of the things republicans and democrats squabble over. 
edit on 3 12 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 08:55 PM
link   

And again, any study that does not say more research is needed is biased. In science new research is always needed. Scientific research never stops. To this day we keep on having more and more research on illnesses and diseases that have existed since time immemorial. Have we stopped having new research on the flu, influenza, cancer, etc, etc ? No.

Does saying "we need more studies" negate the recommendations that researchers and real doctors around the world have said which corroborate the fact that deficiency of vitamin D3, among others including Zinc, correlates with a higher risk and incidence of mortality and worse symptoms for people with COVID_19, pneumonia, etc, etc?

Your argument seems to imply not to listen to this recommendation, more so since you didn't cover the parts that obviously state the data provides strong evidence that low levels of vitamin D3 is a predictor of whom is at a higher risk of contracting or getting worse symptoms from COVID-19, and even dying from COVID-19 because of low or deficient levels of D3. The researchers also states that they recommend serum 25(OH)D levels to above 50 ng/mL to prevent or mitigate new outbreaks due to escape mutations or decreasing antibody activity.

There are literally dozens, upon dozens of peer review articles that reach the same conclusions that vitamin D3, among other treatments including other vitamins, is a good preventive treatment as well as a good treatment to fight and lower the mortality rate due to COVID-19, pneumonia, and including helping to cure the disease.

Objectives

Vitamin D deficiency was previously correlated with incidence and severity of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). We investigated the association between serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D (25(OH)D) level on admission and radiologic stage and outcome of COVID-19 pneumonia.
Conclusions

Low 25(OH)D levels on admission are associated with COVID-19 disease stage and mortality.

Serum 25(OH)D Level on Hospital Admission Associated With COVID-19 Stage and Mortality

Results: ...
Mean serum 25(OH) vitamin D level was significantly lower in patients with severe-critical COVID-19 compared with moderate COVID-19 (10.1 ± 6.2 vs. 26.3 ± 8.4 ng/mL, respectively, p < 0.001 ). Vitamin D insufficiency was present in 93.1% of the patients with severe-critical COVID-19. Multivariate logistic regression analysis revealed that only lymphocyte count, white blood cell count, serum albumin and, 25(OH) vitamin D level were independent predictors of mortality.

Conclusion: Serum 25(OH) vitamin D was independently associated with mortality in COVID-19 patients.

Impact of Serum 25 (OH) Vitamin D Level on Mortality in Patients with COVID-19 in Turkey

I could keep going...

Abstract

Supplemental vitamin D can reduce the risk and mortality of viral pneumonia. The relationship between 25 hydroxyvitamin D [25(OH)D] levels and the severity and mortality of Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) was evaluated. In this cross-sectional study, the admitted patients with COVID-19 were categorized as mild, moderate, severe, and critical based on clinical and radiologic characteristics.
The mortality rate was 10.8%. Admission to ICU, severity of disease and mortality decreased significantly across quartiles of 25(OH)D. According to multivariate logistic regression analysis, disease mortality had a positive correlation with age and had a negative correlation with the serum level of 25(OH)D, calcium, and albumin. In hospitalized patients with COVID-19, low 25(OH)D was associated with severe disease and increased ICU admission and mortality rate.

The relationship between serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels and the severity of COVID-19 disease and its mortality

and going...

Abstract

Background: Much research shows that blood calcidiol (25(OH)D3) levels correlate strongly with SARS-CoV-2 infection severity. There is open discussion regarding whether low D3 is caused by the infection or if deficiency negatively affects immune defense. The aim of this study was to collect further evidence on this topic.
Conclusions: The datasets provide strong evidence that low D3 is a predictor rather than just a side effect of the infection. Despite ongoing vaccinations, we recommend raising serum 25(OH)D levels to above 50 ng/mL to prevent or mitigate new outbreaks due to escape mutations or decreasing antibody activity.

and going...

Results

Severely-symptomatic COVID-19 patients had lower 25OHD levels (18.2 ± 11.4 ng/mL) than mildly-symptomatic COVID-19 patients and non-SARS-CoV-2-infected controls (30.3 ± 8.5 ng/mL and 25.4 ± 9.4 ng/mL, respectively...
Conclusion

In our COVID-19 patients, low 25OHD levels were inversely correlated with high IL-6 levels and were independent predictors of COVID-19 severity and mortality.

Vitamin D and COVID-19 severity and related mortality: a prospective study in Italy

and going...

KEY FINDINGS:
Majority of the COVID-19 cases with insufficient and deficient Vitamin D status died.
The odds of death was higher in older and male cases with pre-existing condition and below normal Vitamin D levels.
• When controlling for age, sex, and comorbidity, Vitamin D status is strongly associated with COVID-19 mortality.
• Randomized controlled trials are warranted to investigate the role of vitamin D supplementation on COVID-19 outcomes and to establish the underlying mechanisms.

P atterns of COVID-19 Mortality and Vitamin D: An Indonesian Study

I could keep going...

When the large majority, if not all, of the research done around the world all correlate and state that they all found a correlation of mortality and severe cases of COVID-19 which is happening to people that have low levels, or deficiency of vitamin D3 and that people with vitamin D3 deficiency are the ones dying from COVID-19, shouldn't this be more than enough evidence that Vitamin D3, alongside other treatments, not only lower the severity of symptoms, but also lowers the mortality rate, and theoretically a zero percent mortality rate could be be achieved if there was an aggressive campaign done by world governments, and healthcare officials, in favor of people using vitamin D3.

Isn't this more than enough evidence to stop the lies about "the vaccines and masks are working" when they don't work and have only made things worse, but simple and inexpensive treatments like a supplement of vitamin D3, among other simple treatments like Zinc and other inexpensive treatments, are actually much better in combating COVID-19?...

edit on 3-12-2021 by ElectricUniverse because: correct excerpts and links.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Well, then I'll come out and just say it. I think there needs to be more research as to if it is actually what is keeping them from dying. I also think that optimal vitamin D levels will help many people avoid serious illness, but I believe one of the biggest factors for serious illness is genetics.

The first line of your bold print:

Regression suggested a theoretical point

And if you go to a doctor, you will know if the level of vitamin D is good. If it's not, then they will tell which form of vitamin D you need to take to get it normal. Like everything there is a low, good, and too high level. Beyond the high range, there is usually harm with little to know extra benefit. Having a n optimal level will go a long way towards boosting your immune system and help prevent serious covid illness. Once there is serious illness present, with kidney failure, there is no longer a good chance to prevent death with vitamin D.

Isn't this more than enough evidence to stop the lies about "the vaccines and masks are working"

Who are you talking to? I didn't see anyone mention in this thread that "the vaccines and masks are working", especially me. I constantly say that I don't care if you get vaccinated or not. It looks you want to have political discussion under the pretense of talking about a two-month-old study. And that other one is a pre-preprint from over a year ago. Did it ever get printed?

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I see... So again I guess we need more research to make sure that the vaccines are safe, and we need more and more research to make sure that COVID-19 is as bad as dr Death Fauci and others whom are anti-science want to claim. i wonder why they keep pushing for people to be vaccinated?...

BTW, did you vaccinate yourself already against COVID-19 or against the flu, influenza, etc?... If you did so why?

edit on 3-12-2021 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I don't think I've ever said on here that the vaccines were completely safe. I find there is a small chance of side effects. some deadly. In every post I've made on that topic here, I've always said people should be able to choose their vaccination status. I feel everyone should be able to weigh their own risks, but they should have a doctor confirm that they are indeed healthy.

I do believe vaccines are still effective by my one and only metric, and that is how well they are keeping most people out of the hospital or at least from serious illness. I am currently keeping an eye on things and will adjust my posts as the real-time facts present themselves. If I find something that I think the vaccines are causing without a doubt, I will speak up here right away. The same as I will speak up if I find that something prevents serious illness for certain. 

But you are missing my point the entire time. If your vitamin D levels are optimal, then you already have the most protection you can get. And if you had a good level that is depleting and it's because of kidney failure, then it might be too late. People are already being given D3 or intravenous vitamin D on admission and throughout their stay if their levels are ever low. The standard practice in medicine is to try to correct any variables that are within your control.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I had the covid vaccine. two doses No booster yet. maybe I will get one. Maybe I will not. I believe my Moderna will last me nine months and I don't care about what any of the overdramatic propaganda coming from any of the non-local news companies or what the white house is saying, or their tools are saying. I've been vaccinated for all kinds of stuff over my lifetime. Probably a little more than the average citizen. I've even eaten nerve agent pills. I don't recommend that.

Right now, I am looking at how mild this new one may be for most people and am thinking we might all gain natural immunity over the dark winter with less risk than with the other variants. 

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 11:02 PM
link   

So, let me get this straight. You accept using a vaccine which a lot of research states is actually causing more harm than good and has not been properly tested. But for some very strange reason, you are against a vitamin which mankind has used since we started walking on Earth, and you want to argue in this thread that "taking too much vitamin D3 is bad." Which to me it seems to imply that the dose of vitamin D3 these researchers are suggesting people should take you think must be bad for people. Otherwise why do you make this claim in here? Not to mention that you bring no facts, and not evidence corroborating your argument.

Did you read the part where all the research papers and researchers recommend a level of vitamin D3 that all research indicates is the ideal level to help prevent the severity and mortality from COVID-19?

edit on 3-12-2021 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 11:24 PM
link   

You're apparently not understanding me. I accepted the risk for myself, and that is my own business. For you, and anyone else, I am saying there are both risks and benefits to doing what you want to do. I really do not care if you get vaccinated or not. I'm surprised that I have not been making up wild stories about how it's going to kill you. The more people go unvaccinated, the more potential I have to make mad money. I have one more wave in me. A good one would be nice. To me, the risk of having the vaccine is no different than that of the Protonix I take. There are some small risks of many dozens of very serious side effects with it. I decided that the risk of those side effects outweighed the risk of having stomach acid come out of my nose while sleeping.I wouldn't force you to take Prostonix either. I would offer but would not care if it's accepted.

I mean, really. I'm not the one in charge of making people get a vaccine. What I say has no impact at all. 

top topics

<<   2 >>

join