It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Species Divide?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I authored this post for the sake of discussion from the standpoint that many aren't looking at, namely that some of these political upheavals and clashes of personality might be indicative of a species divergence or something that might be attempting to occur or might occur sometime in the future. The reason for this conclusion is four factors. First, it is always more clarifying to try to look at things from an intrinsic perspective, as this does away with the endless arguing over "us humans and our 'personalities'" which can go on forever and leads more to a harder understanding of the subject. Humans tend to think of things in terms of personality and we can argue all of our likes and preferences until antares explodes. Two, because if it is a subject that can be discussed, there is no reason it should not be. The parameters for a discussion are that nothing proposed is meant as a petty insult, is a hardline written in stone conclusion, or is an opener for petty bickering but if it can be discussed or if there is a reason for it, well then why not? The third factor is that there is enough evidence to have lead to this conclusion within the context of the circumstance, enough to make it a subject that should be discussed. The fourth factor is that if this is or even could be occurring, then a certain amount of understanding/preparation is in the works for a certain outcome. This can be done amicably the more people realize that this could be the outcome and drop all of our petty hurts and just look at this as a curiosity or possibility, the more we can move on, choose not to hate for our differences, even work together in the field of trade and the economy and overall just let bygones be. I understand that the subject of this matter is is kind of fringe.

First, the observations that led to this conclusion: a lot of what we are arguing over seems to be differences in preference having to do with nature/ our nature. To me this is a taxing and incessant argument as nature is inherent and how, if we were to allow ourselves to be practical, we work, function, apply ourselves. That you are conservative, oriented towards toughness, carrying a tendency to be practical, and oriented towards independence is no more your fault than anyone being born with a tendency to like safety, protocols, inventories, predictability, and words, and harmony, and lists. I would argue that some of these differences only manifest as "beliefs" because we humans argue "subjects" and get caught up in "feelings" and believe things really are about Tim and Todd "being this way". My argument is that it could be, not that it is but that it could be, nothing to do with all of us rats in a bin and more to do with forces pulling us this way and that, and the second we (casually) begin to discuss this as a possibility, the sooner we can go "oh yeah, so Tim really wasn't doing this to hurt my feelings, we are just not letting it go or looking at the more practical issue. Here we are still hurt over the fact that someone thinks their way is better." Its not a way. Because maybe there are different ways.

Why is this important? It could be that those with instinct, those that are pulling away, those who currently are arguing over "vaxxes" "social preferences" and whatnot are what it takes for humankind to survive a cataclysm, and it would be a travesty were we to override this because "someone did something politically incorrect" "we fear them because they can deal with unsafe issues" or "they hurt our feelings." So why a species divide?

Well simply, it wasn't us it was them; the more someone's intrinsic traits such as preferring safety and harmony pull one in the direction of building worlds where all your waking hours are consumed with defeating an enemy, that which reminds you of lack of safety, the more dangerous it becomes were we to continue to look at this as political power, or something we need to be arguing to begin with. With this understanding, he can pull himself into his world of safety, he has every right, and we become a non threat because hell, like any of us care about him? 😁.

I propose that I dont care who wins, his continued outbursts from this point forward are just him expressing his hurt at himself, we can diffuse it by reassuring him we dont give monkeys rear end, and we can continue to just be, but ultimately he has much to deal with, and we have much to reassure him of. He does have some good traits. And I am not all that concerned about his interpersonal life.
edit on 1-12-2021 by TheReaversChain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheReaversChain

It started with a good idea, then somehow you mixed some of your own ideology into it and it ended in more divide.

I like ideas they are meable, unlike ideologies

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Either that or I was speaking in first person as a formality. But why would you drag me out about that one? Out of the closet...or I mean..anyways....let's just carry on, the point is not my posting style. I simply refuse on principle to be perfect on a message board and I'm sure it was very bare bones. If it can be done it probably will and probably after a pint or so. ..

Well that and I might just have opinions. I'm not trying to be perfectly centrist here. ....

edit on 1-12-2021 by TheReaversChain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 05:20 PM
link   
To add: I put this on here, maybe to be adventurous, maybe to be foolhardy, maybe because I feel like something like a post on a message board isn't the end of the world and if it can be said it probably will be, or maybe a combination of all of those. I remember the free flow of ideas in the 90s and think that a post on a message board should not be some career ending thing. It's an opinion. I might even forget it. It could be the stupidest idea ever. But conversations is conversations. I mean if we have to worry about that much I might as well fling myself off a bridge. Well enough about that, commence. .

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 08:12 PM
link   
"divide and conquer"

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   
There are only two kinds of people :

The kind that thinks that there are only two kinds of people, and those that don't...

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

But...

🍆.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I thought this was going to be about the different alien species currently living on and working in our world.

Boy, was I disappointed.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Eh maybe another time. ...

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TheReaversChain
Very interesting concept. I like your viewpoint. I remember during the 'election' commenting about how there seemed to be at least 2 different kinds of people.. It was astounding to me that we could be looking at the very same facts (which no one can agree on for some reason) and hard data (math, something that's consistent for example) and come to completely opposite conclusions. No one could even agree on what the basic reality was. (Remember Biden saying 'Truth over facts'? what does that even mean?? I thought truth WAS fact..?) The extreme inability to come to the same conclusions still baffles me. However, if as you propose we are splitting into different branches of specie.. that is a cool concept and makes some sort of weird sense.
Anyway, thanks for giving me something to ponder!

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Putting two and together the biological ideology... many deals there over time. Of course There are political ideals, religious ideals, scientific ideals, all of those supposedly lead to a social ideal that is assumed to be perfection.

Such a thing is unattainable of course however; Take heart as such a thing is attainable but for a very short time and then people keep chasing that dream dragon trying to revive it only to see it die all over again.

Even when one's ideal is kicking their feet up with a cozy beverage... or enjoying a cigarette all alone and in peace, or whatever else it may be as a personal ideal(oasis) someone is bound and determined to try and destroy that for their own personal reasons that you may or may not be aware of.

Ideals on a grand scale build walls and barriers and ideas put in doors and windows etc or modes of escaping those ideals... so I like your thinking.

new topics

top topics

join