It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Robot-pocalypse will begin when...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Last week, I put up a video on Reddit, I think. It was a toilet cleaning robot at an Airport.

A smart guy made a joking comment that:

The Robot-pocalypse will begin when the Toilet Cleaning Robots get tired of your Sh!t.

Too funny!

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

I think that's why they invented the robots because the human cleaners did.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Robotalypse

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   

The Robot-pocalypse will begin when...

When those full body sex suits get a.i. installed.
edit on 1-12-2021 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 07:51 PM
link   
nanobots already killed James Bond.

techonology is ready to do, genetically attack a specific target.

very small kind of robots used in drug delivery into your body.

modifying you.

a fast scenario in progress.

if you look for robots of the kind of frankenstein or terminator, those are more for human control, mass control.

edit on 12121212 by lux666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Robot-pocalypse

Robot-calypso?

Look, you can't just take any word that has a specific meaning, butcher it completely, twist its meaning and call it a day.

Apocalypse has the meaning of people gaining wisdom and insight, it's not all about destruction. Are you saying robots somehow act as magic mushrooms?

I am sick of people taking an existing word and twisting part of it, and thinking that's how the original word's meaning came about. Think about 'Watergate' and all the billions of other 'gates' that people have artificially created. 'Gate' has no relevance to any kind of conspiracy, but now every conspiracy MUST be named "something-gate".

How about people calling the first movie of a series 'prequel', when such a word doesn't even exist. The word 'sequel' probably comes from 'sequence', there's no such word as 'prequence'.

Not only doesn't such a word exist, but even if it did, THAT usage would still be wrong - 'prequel' would mean a movie that's made AFTER the original, but whose events happen before the original's.

I guess I am saying, people are stupid, i can't stand it, and here we go again.

Also, there will be no 'robot-anything' like that, as robots are incredibly vulnerable, weak, cumbersome, do not have actual intelligence, so they would be stupider than some idiotic animal, easy to trick and fool, if such words could even be used for that. Sure, Boston Dynamics has shown impressive mobility when it comes to robotics, but independent robots would be extremely expensive, hard to mass-produce, require constant maintenance and super heavy batteries that wouldn't last them very long without a recharge..

The list goes on and on, so I don't really know what this 'Robot-Calypso' is supposed to mean, but if you THINK, you can realize robots won't be a danger to most people for a really long time, if even then. It's just more efficient to use other means; Skynet was an idiot in the movies, it should've used chemical or some kind of bio-toxic approach rather than 'send one robot through time'-approach.

Yes, it was a robot, even though Kyle Reese doesn't understand the difference between 'Cyborg' and 'Robot'.

new topics

top topics

join