It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti Fox Hunters To Target The M.o.D Next

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Foxes are not an endangered species.
A fox will kill hens.
A fox will kill cats and small dogs.
Nature is cruel. Humans are cruel.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 10:09 PM
link   
removed
edit on 1-12-2021 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I think what I'm trying to say is this is not about the fox or nature.
It is about class and wealth.
Or they would be targeting roads and traffic that kill animals everyday and people.
But they do not because they like their cars.
Gets them to the protest or social gathering.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   
It's about ending an inhumane population management and bolstering humane alternatives.
a reply to: infiniteMeow

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Ok,Im a hunter,I eat what I kill.I don't shoot animals for fun.When we had chickens if a fox had came around catching them,sure I would have killed it,or a rabid one.With no chickens,they are safe from me.A few years ago I was turkey hunting and heard something coming up the hill.A Vien ran by with a chipmunk in her mouth and never knew I was there,should have heard her pups when she got to her den! Leave them alone,damn coyotes are killing them,kill ever one of those devil's I can.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

They do not have coyotes over in England.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 08:08 AM
link   
True,speaking to the situation in America about that part.Kullung them anywhere should be for pest or overpopulation,not for rich people's sport,a reply to: [post=26239

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   
While im not a fan of sport hunting (you eat what you kill), i have to point out that if you stop hunting foxes, after generations of doing this while wiping out all other forms of predation on the island, you will end up with a fox problem. Along with all the issues that come with it like rabies.

Give it 20 years.

I live in an area that is considered a nursery for deer. Speeds are controlled as very low, and we have what look like domesticated deer wandering around everywhere. They aren't domesticated, but while here are very tame and trusting. In the last 2 years alone i've seen 4 deer die from wasting disease among these deer. Its easy to spot even early on: the fur become matted and ruffled. But I can't help but think that this insane population only helps promote disease.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Granitebones

Fox Hunting should be banned period.

No if's no buts no coconuts.

The real question should be can anyone fix the people who choose to participate in such a barbaric act of depravity?

And the answer is, probably not dirty wrong'yins that they are.

edit on 2-12-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: infiniteMeow

Nope.

Nor are there even the likes of wild wolves in the UK at this point in time.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Im not disagreeing with your sentiment at all. Or really disagreeing with you, for that matter. You know im a hunter, but as i stated I believe hunting is to provide food. As a human, hunting for food is ethical behavior. Hunting foxes is not food hunting.

But enough of that, what im curious about is how you (or others) are proposing to control the fox population on an island otherwise devoid of predators? Rabies is every bit as inhumane as sport hunting, and a larger population will bring with it an exponential increase in rabies cases among foxes and the populations they live around.

How do you think that should be dealt with?

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

We have yearly culls of deer, boar, fox, grey squirels etc... as part of conseration and wildlife management. Shooting is the most humane and effective way and most people in the UK have no objection to it as it has to be done to maintain habitats and biodiversity. Poisons and 'fox hunting' were made illegal a few years back due to how needlesly cruel they are.

'Fox hunting' in the UK refers to the specific practice of using packs of hounds and horseback to deliberately drawing out the stress, pain and suffering of the fox for several hours for entertainment and was made illegal a decade or so ago. There were huge riots.Buckingham Palace and Parliament were stormed while in session and the ceremonial staff was removed by backwards nutters who wanted the practice to continue.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   

How many Foxes do you realistically think these bastards cull?

In the grand scheme of it all not that many.

What they do is for perverse sport.

How do i think that should be dealt with?

Well considering The landed gentry and aristocratic scum that commit the acts of depravity, i would return the favour, hunt them down the same way they hunt, annihilate, and rip apart the poor Fox.

After all it nice to be nice.

As to foxes being a vermin issue, farmers shoot them bigfatfurrytexan. I cant see anything wrong with the current measures they have in place.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Fox Hunting should be banned period.

No if's no buts no coconuts.

The real question should be can anyone fix the people who choose to participate in such a barbaric act of depravity?

And the answer is, probably not dirty wrong'yins that they are.

That is without doubt the central question. It didnt get asked in parliament during the debate on pack hunting and it doesn't get answered anywhere. The question is conspicuous in its absence and the answer is the elephant in the room.
edit on 2-12-2021 by Granitebones because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I hate fox hunting and am glad it was banned here. Yet Hare coursing etc does not seem to attract such vehement opposition. Nor does using ferrets to kill rabbits.

So it does seem to be a bit of a class issue. Not necessarily a bad thing, mind.

Round here we get a lot of knobs down from London in their Chelsea Tractors down for the weekend to shoot pheasants which are basically particularly stupid chickens that can fly, a bit.

Where is the sport in that? And why do they have to wear plus fours and tweed?

Utter twats.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

How many Foxes do you realistically think these bastards cull?

In the grand scheme of it all not that many.

What they do is for perverse sport.

How do i think that should be dealt with?

Well considering The landed gentry and aristocratic scum that commit the acts of depravity, i would return the favour, hunt them down the same way they hunt, annihilate, and rip apart the poor Fox.

After all it nice to be nice.

As to foxes being a vermin issue, farmers shoot them bigfatfurrytexan. I cant see anything wrong with the current measures they have in place.

That last paragraph is a fair point.

Im just considering from my experience, with hogs, what overpopulation of a wild animal can do. But you have a fair point, assuming there is still enough farmland in England (im utterly ignorant on how that lays out there, sorry) to allow for it.

Im most interested in preserving life. Whatever does that to the greatest net result has my favor.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion
The Grey Squirrels are a danger to our Environment but they have been here since the 1800's when some idiot toff introduced them for sport shooting and were brought over from the US.

Still they are cool little animals all the same.

The problem with the Grey/Gray (both spelling are actually correct and it's just convention that we in the UK use Grey while the US use Gray) is that the Red Squirrel which are native to the UK are only about half to a third as big as the Grey, they also put out the same pheromones as the Grey when it comes time to mate which leads to the Grey male's killing the Red Males over mating rights and being unable to breed with the Red Females whom are a different species.

It has also affected the spread of Oak and the cutting down of Oak in our nation has also curtailed the Red's whom traditionally eat acorn's while the Grey eat far more variety's of nut's, berry's and seed's than the Red ever did.

So the only way to save the surviving Red whom are an endangered species is to cull the Grey whom also carry disease which are lethal to the Red Squirrels, I hate it because we have a Friendly grey that visits our garden in Lancashire very near to a surviving population of Reds but it can't be helped if we are going to save the Red's.

If we could save the Red Squirrel some other way then I would thoroughly oppose the cull of the Grey (whom also raid bird's nests for there egg's so there is that to think about), but the Red Squirrel has no where else to go, at one time much of the UK was a giant oak forest but with agriculture and clearing of land over the thousands of years of human occupation the surviving populations of native woodland creatures have become ever more isolated, this of course causes inbreeding and so the question becomes are these remnant populations still viable?.

edit on 2-12-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 05:36 AM
link   

I'm north of the border in Scotland bigfatfurrytexan.

But plenty of farming land all up and down the UK, with accompanying wildlife and predators.

Not enough to feed 67.22 million people all the same but apparently the agricultural area used is 23.07 million acres.

The type of people who hunt those poor Foxes are only interested in preserving their way of life imho which is arcane and barbaric.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I would name that fox “Sigmund”.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   

I suggest a load of Chavs with pitbulls chase the hounds.

2nd.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join