It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti Fox Hunters To Target The M.o.D Next

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The title more or less covers it. UK Anti Fox Hunting Activist/Saboteurs have recently succeeded in getting the National Trust to ban hound packs from its land. Now they are attempting to achieve the same result with Ministry of Defence (MoD) which also issues licences to pack hound hunts.

Can anyone fix this link I've tried.

www-dailymail-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org... tating-illegal-hunting-land.html?amp_gsa=1&_js_v=a6&usqp=mq331AQIKAGwASCAAgM%3D#amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&aoh=16382994353186&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2 F%2Fwww.google.com&share=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-10257371%2FSaboteurs-target-ARMY-Activists-launch-war-MoD-facilitating- illegal-hunting-land.html
edit on 30-11-2021 by Granitebones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Granitebones

Good , fox hunting is a cruel and barbaric activity that has no place in a civilised society.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I wholeheartedly agree with you. There are still plenty who dont though.
a reply to: gortex

link   
Fixed the link for you:

Daily Mail - Activists target MOD

If you hit quote on my post it will show you the correct way to format links. Hope it helps.

edit on 30/11/21 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Grenade
Fixed the link for you:

Daily Mail - Activists target MOD

Many thanks

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Don't agree with hunting them for sport however in certain situations i can see why farmers would protect their livestock. Hunting with hounds is cruel, i'll give you that.
edit on 30/11/21 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   

for a tip on the link, if it's more than one line of code, use the "link" button. It's the square with the arrow up to the right. If you click that, you have the first box to type in what you want folks to see in blue letters, and the second box will be where the URL goes. (URL is the part you are pasting in your post)

have some digital ice cream

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   
My Dad would have said :
"If you ain't gonna eat it and you don't fear for your life , leave it alone"

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
My Dad would have said :

Wow!

That is what my Dad used to say also.

It might be why as kids, we had some of the most non-typical pets you would ever image, a group of ten children to have.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I am NOT a fan of Fox given that they are nasty little buggers and have been known to maul babies in there prams or even sneak into a house through an open window to take a child out of there crib, truth not stereotype.

But not all of them are so evil despite it being there nature and some are even semi tame among the urban population that has spread from the countryside into our towns and city's.

So I do believe there numbers have to be controlled, without wolves and bears and other native larger predators they find themselves in the Apex position despite them being geared for the underdog role and that is dangerous, too many fox harm other wildlife, livestock and even pose a threat to small children despite claims that these are exceptionally rare incidents.

With the ban on fox hunting they have lost there fear of humans.

But the other way of looking at it is that fox hunting is a sport of lawless toff's whom do not care if there hounds murder a family's pet cat or small dog, do not care if they jump into someone garden or damage a farmers field and always got away with it because of daddy's money.

Oh and that lot are a bunch of weirdo's, Rubbing the dead animals tail on a persons face if it is there first time to blood them is just pagan and has no place in a Christian society.

There are more human ways of dealing with Fox numbers.

And lets not forget the same idiot crowd of toff's that used to hunt the fox are now often proponents of rewilding, boars are out of control in many parts of the south though thankfully as far as I know there have been no fatal attack's - yet and there are idiots reintroducing wolves even though the species they are introducing is a different species to the extinct wolf that was wiped out here long, long ago - because it killed people and hunted live stock.

Beavers on the other hand, well who does not like a spot of beaver hunting (Our American friends will get that joke), but no seriously if controlled they help the landscape and can even moderate flooding though that can go both ways and they are not a threat to children or livestock unless they become infected with something so I don't mind that.

I am also against rewilding of certain large raptors that in the past were known to attack lamb's and even grown sheep, pet dogs and cat's and even on occasion small children.

It seems that just like the fox hunting only ever catered to a minority the rewilding also caters to a similar minority of the more wealthy and privileged class.
(but that is not to wage class war as many among the wealthy are actually decent sorts and many of them are thoroughly opposed to this barbarity as well)

People first.

edit on 30-11-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Living in an area where fox population do explode at times and killing them is absolutely necessity for a civilized society.
If you keep chicken, or rabbits or own a cat or small dog and live in a rural area they would understand.

Driving home one evening from friends house at the lake, I encountered 15 different foxes crossing the road to the highway. They were all prowling the houses for pets and chickens.

They had a boom year and there was many fox pelts had by all who wanted them. No Hunting dogs though we really only use duck dogs here……wire snare instead.

a reply to: LABTECH767

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I love the fox 🦊 in my region of the world they are here but you hardly ever see them. Usually when I spot one it’s when I’m driving down old country roads and I usually pull over to admire them. Long live the fox!

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   

My Dad would have said :

My dog keeps the fox away from the chicken coop but the Hawk gets them instead. I am more upset at hunting of the fox for sport than if they were hunted for killing the livestock. Deer hunters have meat they are harvesting when they shoot one.

I have seen a fox and pup within 100 ft of my garage come out of their burrow, but my chickens are safe.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The article pertains to the pack hound method of control which most people find utterly barbaric. As far as I am aware the majority of Anti Fox Hunters are in favour of humane population management.
a reply to: Athetos

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Yeah the UK fox hunting traditions are pretty disgusting, my opinion is that only on a rare occasion a well trained dog can be used in a hunting situation, when it stops the animal, and the dog does not attack, just barks.

But 99.999% of the time using dogs creates stress and pain to the hunted animal, they could just use live catching traps with a cam, so the hunter gets notified as soon as there is an animal in the trap, and then can proceed to shoot it, ending its life in a humane manner.

But i am pretty much against using dogs in hunting, either the animal gets bitten or if chasing bigger game the dog gets hurt.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Living in an area where fox population do explode at times and killing them is absolutely necessity for a civilized society.
If you keep chicken, or rabbits or own a cat or small dog and live in a rural area they would understand.

Driving home one evening from friends house at the lake, I encountered 15 different foxes crossing the road to the highway. They were all prowling the houses for pets and chickens.

They had a boom year and there was many fox pelts had by all who wanted them. No Hunting dogs though we really only use duck dogs here……wire snare instead.

a reply to: LABTECH767

Very good point, that is a growing danger here in the UK as well, urban fox pose a threat to people's pets as well as carrying communicable disease which can harm the pet cat's and dog's, not a problem if your pet is an Alsatian but these days many people have tiny dog's and of course Cat's are even if people do not always like them our number one friend for keeping down the numbers of disease carrying rodents.

Fox population has to be controlled and only culling is the solution but as Granitebones point's out there are right ways and wrong ways of doing it.

The Hunt is an old British tradition but it is also very barbaric and cruel chasing an animal until it is backed into a corner then letting a pack of hounds tear the terrified animal apart has little or no place in modern society.

The Anti hunt Campaigners mean well in the UK but many of them are under the wrong impression that fox are cuddly so we do need to cull the fox population and in my opinion of that there is no argument to be had.

This is the British fox, a fox is a fox but there are variations and different subspecies around the world with of course the Arctic Fox having the most prized pelt but also being one of the more endangered variety's while the British Fox is definitely not endangered though with the removal of many of our Hedge Rows which were planted boundary's that separated parcels of land since feudal times in much of the UK (Dry Stone walls in many other areas of the UK harbour a different biodiversity of rodent and small species) the reduction in small prey that called these hedge rows home has led to a slight decline in the rural fox population while the urban fox population has boomed, now they pose a danger to pets but most of them raid our refuse bin's and are even fed by well meaning but arguably misguided people whom think they are cool.
www.woodlandtrust.org.uk...

edit on 30-11-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I remember listening once to a pro-fox hunting woman who banged on and on about the need to maintain the tradition of hunting with hound and how the fox was killed quickly, but of course she didnt enjoy that bit, but still went along with it anyway. After she had finished her pontificating she said "I suppose you think I'm an Upper Class idiot." "No not at all" I replied. I then added that I didnt think she was upper class.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   
There is no denying though that some fox are just, well for lack of a better word wild animal or not they are pets and even play with cats and dog's in a friendly manner, presumably because they are not hungry or it could just be in the nature as each and every animal has a unique personality just like people really.

I do not therefore hate fox but the facts are simply if they are allowed to over populate they will decimate the population of other native species and while some experts claim that a fox us unlikely to kill a cat or to kill only one in it's lifetime they do kill pets if rarely.
That said this one I would definitely like to leave out of that argument, it's daft as a brush.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

My Dad would have said :

Wow!

That is what my Dad used to say also.

It might be why as kids, we had some of the most non-typical pets you would ever image, a group of ten children to have.

Or Gothmog's dad had a bicycle?

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Misinformation about foxes is rampant.

Pack hounds are barbaric.

Coincidence?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join