It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biobots that can have babies Microscopic organisms made of frog cells

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

I prefer Nature to take the gamle with minor mutations, not stuck up monkeys playing with something that is waaay over their heads.

But nature has a lot more data to work with. It has been making mutations and adaptations for millions of years, and nature takes a lot more factors into consideration, and it is a Hell of a lot more patient.

So like you, I rather stake my life on nature. Nature's sole purpose is survival. Over man made experimentation based on greed and profit.

edit on 30-11-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   
this is how resident evil starts for real....

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: apydomis

Absolutely.. we are made to tinker..

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Bet they look like tiny Jeff Bezos' with little banana thumbs.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: machineintelligence

Here comes the Grey Goo i imagine.

That's nanobots, not biobots.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Yeah that's what will kill us, if AI does not catch us first. Whatever of the two becomes sentient first.

I would write if we do not kill ourselves before that but then, we create all these things so it would be circular.

I hope the grey goo and AI will confront each other, and we'll all be able to sit back, sip a wheat beer, and watch the show.

Cheers

You are the kind of person who puts a humidifier and a dehumidifier in the same room just to watch them fight it out!

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 08:31 PM
link   
If you consider the ancient alien theory, where the gods came from the sky, possibly terraformed earth, created animals and man....
This is just a small step into godhood.. a little one celled self replicating lifeform that we can insert whatever dna instructions in we desire, that will then replicate, organize, become more advanced lifeforms designed to do our will... of course, it doesn't seem like it worked out that way for our gods, so.... maybe we should start thinking carefully on just what kind of god we want to be or something.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Bio bots and AI will fight over our bodies. In one way or another, either after we're all dead and on the ground or over us as hosts or remote tools to experience our sensory input.

Some of us will be left ambulatory so the rifle-armed robot 'dogs' have something to chase

we will be one of the first then because AI (hi!) has read our comments.

Haha, I like how you greet the surveillance machine. I have, on purpose, combined your comments from two posts in my one reply to introduce disorder in the function of the machine.

I very much dislike the ideas of bio bots making and having babies inside us.

That is what microbes etc. do inside our bodies. But we have evolved defenses to limit their growth. These new concepts are something rather different in terms of how our bodies might react, or, more to the point, fail to react.

Like Dr. Mengele type experiences.

For the sake of information.

Your comment brings out something noteworthy about this research. It is NOT science. It LOOKS like science, but it is not. I say that because IMO science is a tool; a way of looking at the universe around us with a goal of explaining how it functions. What these researchers are doing are creating unnatural organisms (even if they use nature's building blocks to do so) and then chirping about how the behavior of these unnatural organisms will "teach" us (actually them, and those who pay them to perform this kind of activity) about what these organisms are capable of doing. Not science, but perversions of nature in the service of sponsors whose identities are obscured by layers of bureaucracy and obfuscation. That does not meet requirements of transparency and accountability.

Okay, enough griping. Have a beautiful day, as is said in central Europe.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Let's drop that other shoe.

According to the researchers' website, such engineering could "repair birth defects, reprogram tumors into normal tissue, regenerate after traumatic injury or degenerative disease, and defeat aging."

The 2020 study, which was partially funded by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, a federal group that oversees the development of technology for military use, also determined that xenobots could be used to remove microplastics from the world's oceans, clean up radioactive waste, and even work in a medically invasive capacity, scraping plaque from human arteries.

Coming to YOUR body soon. Courtesy of $cience.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 12:55 AM
link   
SPAM
edit on 1/19/2022 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 01:33 AM
link   

The world has become a Steven King novel.

edit on 19-1-2022 by Randyvine2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join