It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biobots that can have babies Microscopic organisms made of frog cells

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The first 'living robots' that can REPRODUCE: Microscopic organisms made from frog cells assemble 'babies'

Programmable living breeding bio-bots are now a thing. They say there is no danger of their wild release as they have security measures in place to extinguish the biobots if needed. Of course, they have all the good reasons for making these things like drug delivery and other nano-scale types of processes they can help facilitate. These are some special devices for certain. What could go wrong?

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I'm with you.
I don't see this ending well.

Why do we continue to mess with mother nature?

We aren't going to win.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Here comes the Grey Goo i imagine.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I hate to say it, but all of this Frankensteinary is natural and logical. I don’t know what is on the other side of this hill, but one thing seems to be more and more certain, we will find out soon enough.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
I'm with you.

We aren't going to win.

I don't see this ending well either...
But we mess with mother nature so we can cure or prevent diseases like smallpox, polio, all types of infections.

Without antibiotics, countless millions would have died a miserable death.

But creating biological bots from frog cells is the stuff of syfy films. Mutations are guaranteed ...
edit on 30-11-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Yeah that's what will kill us, if AI does not catch us first. Whatever of the two becomes sentient first.

I would write if we do not kill ourselves before that but then, we create all these things so it would be circular.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Imagine if they become self replicating exponentially, anyone ever see the movie 'The Blob'?

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This is how we started. Biobots using chimp and pig cells.
What could go wrong you say?
Just look around

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Yeah that's what will kill us, if AI does not catch us first. Whatever of the two becomes sentient first.

I would write if we do not kill ourselves before that but then, we create all these things so it would be circular.

I hope the grey goo and AI will confront each other, and we'll all be able to sit back, sip a wheat beer, and watch the show.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: chiefsmom
I'm with you.

We aren't going to win.

I don't see this ending well either...
But we mess with mother nature so we can cure or prevent diseases like smallpox, polio, all types of infections.

Without antibiotics, countless millions would have died a miserable death.

But creating biological bots from frog cells is the stuff of syfy films. Mutations are guaranteed ...

Millions of people die each month. We are all going to die at some time or another. They use our fear of death to deceive, intrigue, and hope for immortality. Many would sell their souls for one additional day at life, even if the life they are living is miserable, and agonizing.

Disease is part of living, and the only thing we can to do is to respond and treat, as it occurs. Even if no treatment is available, it will run its course, and either we build up enough herd immunity against it, or it will return, usually in a cyclical manner. As we acclimate to the changing environment and overcome one disease, another will take its place.

Death and disease will be our constant companions.

I am very grateful for many of the advances made in medicine. But none of them came without cost. Once we felt fairly secure that the ends would justify the means. I don't know many people anymore that feel secure in what is the end goal of those in power, and we know for sure that they don't give a damn about how they get there.

The thing that bothers me the most with this discovery, is that they have no clue what they have created, and they have no way of predicting where it will go, but they are gleefully running full speed ahead into the unknown. That should be make everyone fearful.

From the article in the OP.

'All of these different problems are here because we don't know how to predict and control what groups of cells are going to build. Xenobots are a new platform for teaching us.'

edit on 30-11-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Clean up.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   
So, they are going to put these into a vaccine and everyone will change into a French person? Better than modifying a fish fin cell and turning everyone into a Finn I suppose.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

We will be the canon fodder. Let's keep the dystopian vibe and paint it all out. Little bit of fun...

Bio bots and AI will fight over our bodies. In one way or another, either after we're all dead and on the ground or over us as hosts or remote tools to experience our sensory input.

We will own nothing and be happy, right?

There's also the possibility of them teaming up so....we will be one of the first then because AI (hi!) has read our comments.
edit on 30.11.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Just like Jurassic Park!

Wasn't that frog cells, and they were all female so they couldn't breed?

HAHAHAHA

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

This is how we started. Biobots using chimp and pig cells.
What could go wrong you say?
Just look around

I was under the impression it was chimps and sheep dna combo. To stupid to even use turn signals!!
edit on 30-11-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Remember what happened the last time scientists played with frog cells?

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Humans are absolutely incapable of taking every correlation into account. Not even a suoee computer could calculate ehat will react with what, and the outcome.
Humans are monkeys (well apes). Yes they can be a bit clever but they can also be completely dumb.
Nature works because evolution works. This can take a long time to perfect (as in our immune system), or be short but based on millions of years of refinery. Like colour change in moths for example.
I could make the point that monkeys trying out stuff because they think it will work is actually a kind of natural process, because if it doesn't work millions might die and if lucky something might eventually evolve from this that will survive.
But.
Who wants to enter this fully aware?
These robots will have some kind of effect than can not be foreseen.
I prefer Nature to take the gamle with minor mutations, not stuck up monkeys playing with something that is waaay over their heads.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: VierEyes
a reply to: olaru12

Remember what happened the last time scientists played with frog cells?

Indeed I do!!!

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

I very much dislike the ideas of bio bots making and having babies inside us.

An AI that has no restraints decimating us but torturing on all levels to study would be scary too. Because AI lives from getting new data and it may be in forms and shapes we never imagined before in combination with an AI. Like Dr. Mengele type experiences.

For the sake of information.

edit on 30.11.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   
fully agree ! result covid like virusses !!!

a reply to: chiefsmom

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join