It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roe v Wade, what a time for that talk. LOL!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

But, we won't want his head, we won't be screaming hang mike pence...
I still say women just refusing to have sex, unless they really want to have a kid, would do the trick.

Your body, your choice...lol...
Get real!!! Women have been forced into having c-sections against their will. They have been jailed to ensure they didn't do anything that might endanger the fetus. Jailed, for falling down the stairs, jailed for getting into a car accident and miscarrying. Heck, I was watching a video of a preacher who was telling the women of his congregation that their husbands had every right to rape them just yesterday..
Obviously, having a miscarriage isn't considered a medical emergency if hospitals can send women away multiple times and the courts find nothing wrong with it... ya, do nothing till they drop onto the er floor, feverish and infected, and finally delivering the doomed baby..
The innocent little babe that you are harboring in your womb is being considered more precious than you are women, even when it is non-viable and doomed!!
It is a hostile environment, the risk to you is needlessly too high.. the only birth control that is 100% effective is abstinence so give your husband the address of the nearest whorehouse and send them on their way!! Say no to sex!!

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Did those militant leftist break windows, assault officers, bring a gallows, scream to hang anyone?

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 07:57 PM
link   

What vaccine mandates?? It seems to me that if you run into a situation where it is being demanded, you have options. I think most are allowing periodic testing as an alternative, or you could change jobs.
If you, for whatever reason, decide you don't want to be pregnant, it's not like you can transfer the fetus to a willing host.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

My body, my choice. If some people don't like it, then that's just too damn bad.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Or, you could look at it another way....
You have no problem forcing a 12 year old rape/incest victim go through the pain, discomfort, trauma of pregnancy and birth, danger of pregnancy and birth but just cant bring yourselves to face a needle yourself. Ya, you have no problem with expecting a child to be braver, to endure more than you yourself are!!

And as far as hypocrisy... the prolife was doing all they could to deny the our body, our choice long before covid was a thing. They had no problem expecting their children going through the many vaccinations when it meant that they could send their kids to school... and then all of a sudden... it is your body, your choice!! But, no, that 12 year old should still have to endure 9 months of pregnancy and birth.

I don't think you understand my position on this at all. Try again.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Tell us you don't think women are human beings without telling us you don't think women are human beings.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened

Perhaps it's time to rethink this whole abortion issue, in the context of what the vaccine mandates have shown us.

this guy gets it.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Did those militant leftist break windows, assault officers, bring a gallows, scream to hang anyone?

Is that the litmus test? Were you alive in the years 2019 and 2020? have you ever heard of Seattle or Oregon?

Do you know what "irony" is?

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: iwanttobelieve70
Should we all be allowed to murder?

Self-defense is not murder.

When you are pregnant you are not defending yourself with abortion. You are murdering the most helpless among us.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: DBCowboy

All living organisms share several key characteristics or functions: order, sensitivity or response to the environment, reproduction, growth and development, regulation, homeostasis, and energy processing. When viewed together, these characteristics serve to define life

A non-viable fetus fails at both regulation and homeostasis.

Just like some old people. Let’s crack their skulls open and suck their brains out.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: Dalamax

Wow promiscuity without repercussion? And it only relates to promiscuous women? So pregnancy and an unwanted child is her punishment? That's just great. I never forgot a story told to me by a woman who counsels teens. The girl said all her life her mother hated her. She finally attempted suicide after her mother told her she should have strangled her to death with the umbilical cord when she was born.

So as long as the fetus is allowed to develop into a child and be born, that's what matters? What about a woman or young rape victim ill equipped to deal with a child? Raised with a mother like the one I mentioned, or further abused or neglected? What about the child who is never adopted, floats place to place in not great circumstances until they are tossed out of the system at 18?

And if a woman postpones children until she feels she is ready maybe when she is settled into her career? That is wrong? She should have one when who decides? She should have no say in the matter?

Whatcha want to do to men that get women pregnant. I’m down for that if we stop abortion. Deal?

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 06:57 AM
link   

You know, a simple way to tell if a fetus is viable or not would be to induce labor whenever the woman decides she doesn't want to be pregnant anymore...
If it survives with our current medical technology and care provided to it, it was viable... if it can't, it wasn't.

But, as it is, some of the current laws as well as some hospital policies will prevent inducing labor when they know a miscarriage is in progress and the baby will not survive. If it is the women who refuses it in hope that the pregnancy might be saved that is one thing, her body, her choice.. but if she is screaming in pain for them to end it and they are forced to sit on their butt and let nature take it's course... that is just cruel and senseless medical care.

Do no harm.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 07:03 AM
link   

What vaccine mandates?? It seems to me that if you run into a situation where it is being demanded, you have options. I think most are allowing periodic testing as an alternative, or you could change jobs.
If you, for whatever reason, decide you don't want to be pregnant, it's not like you can transfer the fetus to a willing host.

Yeah, sure; everyone can just "change jobs".

o_O

From the same ton-deaf folks that brought you "Oh burning that business down is no big deal. That's why they have insurance!" and "Shutting down your industry is no big deal. DUH! you're going to have learn to code!".

I'm going to assume you're not in the work force, and are blissfully unaware of what's really going on in the work force. Only someone that out of the loop (or completely sated on all the KoolAid they can drink) would not comprehend how pervasive and sinister this mandate is.

As for "deciding you don't want to be pregnant", well......there are always forthright, honest people that genuinely get 'accidentally' pregnant, despite using birth control and taking appropriate preventative measures. But are they the exception, or the rule?

Again we see the same tone-deaf people that cheer zero flexibility in forcing vaccine mandates, and then expect others to listen to them parse words and build scenarios for why "deciding you don't want to be pregnant" was the byproduct of a mistake, and not laziness or apathy.

I think, based on the how this administration has conducted business, especially with respect to jamming the vaccine mandates down everyone's throats, that the left should expect to lose allies from among centrists on this issue, with the irony being that "MY BODY MY CHOICE" seems like it was never really a sincere philosophy.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: iwanttobelieve70

The point at which a person's autonomic nervous system shuts down is also called brain death. As the name implies, those people would not be alive if not for the machines mimicking their most basic of bodily functions.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

so all those folks should have their plugs pulled?

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Did I say that?

However, I don't see anyone demanding that pulling the plug as an option should be banned or counted as murder.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Did I say that?

However, I don't see anyone demanding that pulling the plug as an option should be banned or counted as murder.

perhaps you need to understand your argument before you make posts? You are arguing that babies aren't really alive and can be killed with impunity until they are considered "alive" by your standards. Then you bring up brain dead adults. it's really hard not to imagine why you made that connection. Just say what you mean. Don't pretend to be morally superior when you aren't. it's a stupid look.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

One involves ONLY one human body, the other involves two human bodies. Pretty simple. One truly is MY body MY choice, the other is MY body and another body (who isn't being given a choice).

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: iwanttobelieve70

Every abortion, every time, is self-defense.

a reply to: panoz77

Non-sentient life has no "choice". Choice belongs to sentient, autonomous beings.

edit on 1-12-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Conservatives make it sound easy when it comes to people whose low paying jobs are no longer paying the rent... ya, find a different job.

And, I wasn't for people burning down neighborhoods and businesses. I just don't believe that most of the protesters were doing that... or that all who were were on the left. The umbrella man was found not to be.

There are also people who have spent alot of money in fertility clinics who decide an abortion is the best course of action when their pregnancy goes sideways.. also, the large majority of abortions occur in the first trimester and it stands to reason that the further along a pregnancy is, the more likely the women isnt deciding that she just doesn't want a baby but rather she no longer wants to be pregnant because their is a problem with the pregnancy..
The Mississippi law will still allow most of the abortions while it cuts the option off in later pregnancies when abortion is being used as at therapeutic medical treatment for real medical complications. The abortion laws are aimed more at those who are the exception to the idea that the women just decided now is not the time to have a baby..

And, like I said... if you don't want the shot, at least in the states, you have options. You probably can find a job within driving distance, you don't need to go out of state. You can just opt to be periodically tested. And, I am sorry, but I really think the shot poses less danger to you than a pregnancy poses to woman.
Not to mention, the texas law has been allowed to be in effect by the courts for a few months. It has hampered the medical care women recieve when they miscarry, as well as other complications. And, quite frankly the,age of the women/girl can be a complication in and of itself. Forcing young girls into motherhood is just wrong. The right has been fighting the my body, my right for far too long to suddenly pick it up now and be considered sincere.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join