It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Omicron COVID Variant A Face Saving "Out" For Beijing Olympics?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Had a thought today... pressure is definitely building in Western nations to boycott the Winter Olympics in Beijing. It looks like the CCP has successfully dodged full blown participation boycotts by countries, but the "diplomatic boycotts" multiple governments are considering would represent a major insult to China and I don't see them permitting that insult to take place without retaliation. Further, China has to recognize the simple fact that every foreign athlete competing represents a massive potential threat to CCP's narrative control. They can make a Chinese figure skater disappear fairly easily... try silencing Enes Kanter or Sid Crosby, it isn't going to work for China.

In my opinion, it is a strong possibility that this Omicron variant might be the tool that allows China to save face while not having to deal with the litany of embarrassments awaiting them at their own Olympics in 2 months. In many ways, even kicking the can down the road to 2023 would probably be viewed as a good option by the CCP right now. They wouldn't even need to be the entity blamed for it, either. A combination of African countries' origination of the new variant and the seemingly inevitable fact that we're looking at multiple countries locking down over the variant in the coming weeks is really all that China would need to point to... Hell, with a little assist from Western media outlets, the CCP could portray themselves as humanitarians and empathetic souls by getting the media to spread a "Look at China, willing to suspend their own Olympics to ensure that the best in the world, from every nation are able to compete in Beijing, unaffected by the participant nations' present lockdown status."

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

They may be trying to avoid Olympic athletes from falling over dead on the field with heart problems, not a good look.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 06:17 PM
link   
hmm could be some on ATS have touted that Omicron was manufactured and there was no way it is a naturally occurring variant. TTFWYW but haven't found any sources Id deem even semi-reliable, doesn't mean it isn't happening.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   
hasn't someone proposed
'the freedom games in the states instead of countries going to the Olympics?

as to the SA varient, i'm surprised they havent tied it to apartied yet, it's a nothing BSscare.

edit on 29-11-2021 by sarahvital because: add

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   

it looks to me as if the only real difference from the old variants is a greater transmissibility. But that is definitely going to wreck China's zero=covid approach.
edit on 29 11 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The coronavirus is always mutating. Always has.
It’s just like we didn’t used to name tropical storms until they became hurricanes. But we do now. It just makes things scarier when it has a brand name.
Same thing with covid or whatever new brand name.
Still just the coronavirus.
Still nothing to worry about.
However, the world is full of non thinking idiots now and....
Fear equals safety.

Everyone can literally go f themselves over this. IDGAF.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 10:43 PM
link   
If the ChiComs want to cancel their own Olympic games then...GREAT!

I'm all for it!

Just think of all those mega-corporations sponsoring athletes who will miss out on a giant money grab for their elite owners! No endless commercials and sponsorship plugs. YAY!!

Even better, China can spin it any way they wish, but the bottom line is...China shouldn't be privileged enough to host the Olympic games after releasing the covid monster on the World! I'm sorry, but they shouldn't! They've lied the entire time about covid. They've lied about the origins. They've lied about the numbers. They've lied about Fauci. They've lied about everything!

F# China!

Period!
edit on 11/29/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
If the ChiComs want to cancel their own Olympic games then...GREAT!

I'm all for it!

Just think of all those mega-corporations sponsoring athletes who will miss out on a giant money grab for their elite owners! No endless commercials and sponsorship plugs. YAY!!

Even better, China can spin it any way they wish, but the bottom line is...China shouldn't be privileged enough to host the Olympic games after releasing the covid monster on the World! I'm sorry, but they shouldn't! They've lied the entire time about covid. They've lied about the origins. They've lied about the numbers. They've lied about Fauci. They've lied about everything!

F# China!

Period!

They are also trying to control the US government through Hunter and Joe

If I could I'd give you a hundred stars!

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 06:57 AM
link   
China won't invite U.S. politicians to Olympic games, according to a report.

I only wish our athletes would, en masse, boycott these Olympic games, although I don't expect that to happen.

If you compare the conditions under which the U.S. boycotted the 1980 Summer Olympics to the conditions we find ourselves in now, with how destructive the pandemic has been worldwide, and China's culpability in it (along with our own culpability I might add), I think a case could be made that boycotting these Olympic games is just as or more justifiable than in 1980.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

F* Chyna!

Feels good to say it.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   

President Biden announced a potential Beijing boycott 2 weeks ago.

He might not allow Kamala Harris to attend the games.

Source: www.bbc.com...

Since Kamala's parents are from WARM climates in Barbados and India, I'm sure she won't mind.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Important Beijing Olympics Development

The U.S. National Hockey League (NHL) team is not attending the Beijing Olympics.

Source: www.wsj.com...

Doing the RIGHT THING, but giving a "weak" reason.

A Covid Omicron variant surge is a B.S. reason, since it's not a health threat.

HOPEFULLY the real underlying reason, is because China's coverup of Covid-19 is why over 5 million citizens of planet Earth are now DEAD, when they didn't have to be.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Pros and Cons regarding;

Boycotting the Beijing Olympics.

www.cfr.org...

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Look how China Authorities shame those who don't OBEY Covid-19 orders and restrictions.

twitter.com...

Almost every country is supporting CHINA, by sending teams to the Winter Olympic games, that kick off in 5 short weeks.

This despite over 5 million global Covid-19 deaths caused by Chinese leaders.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Look how China Authorities shame those who don't OBEY Covid-19 orders and restrictions.

twitter.com...

Almost every country is supporting CHINA, by sending teams to the Winter Olympic games, that kick off in 5 short weeks.

This despite over 5 million global Covid-19 deaths caused by Chinese leaders.

Better video from a good source....

new topics

top topics

join