It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me this doesn't sound familiar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Something has been niggling at the back of my mind for a while now. Something about this whole situation we're in seemed so familiar but I couldn't figure out why.
Until this morning.
In 1981, Lee Majors and Burgess Meredith made a movie called " The Last Chase". I was about 17 when I saw it and it stuck with me over the years because I like the movie, but never thought I'd see it come true.

Here's the plot : en.wikipedia.org...

In the year 2011, the United States is a police state. A substantial percentage of the population was wiped out by a devastating viral pandemic 20 years earlier. Amidst the resulting chaos and general panic, democracy collapsed and a totalitarian cabal seized power. After moving the seat of government to Boston, the new dictatorship outlawed ownership and use of all automobiles, boats and aircraft, on the pretext (later proven false) that an even bigger crisis, the exhaustion of fossil fuel supplies, was imminent. The loss of other personal freedoms followed, and surveillance cameras now monitor private citizens' every move.

What is the Biden admin doing with oil production.
They are also trying mandate all electric cars, whether you can afford it or not.
You WILL be vaccinated or lose your job.
You WILL submit to whatever Draconian rules they come up with and if you don't, you're labeled a Domestic Terrorist for speaking out.

Please go to the link and read the whole thing and you'll see why this rings a bell.

ETA : They did get one thing very wrong. The hero is trying to escape to "Free California" where your Rights are still intact.
[ eyeroll ]

edit on 29-11-2021 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2021 by DAVID64 because: apparently I can't count

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

In this iteration, it will be free Florida or the free heartland.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   
They sure did pick a amazing car for that movie , damm a Porche 917.

edit on 29-11-2021 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I remember that movie.
It was pretty good.

I think they were heading to "free" California...
Today they would be getting out of Cali and heading to Florida.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
In 1981, Lee Majors and Burgess Meredith made a movie called " The Last Chase". I was about 17 when I saw it and it stuck with me over the years because I like the movie, but never thought I'd see it come true.

Cool, I checked and it isn't available on Netflix or Amazon Prime, but it is on Youtube...

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   
thanks for the post and link

top topics

join